• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamesinclair said:
Just something to keep in mind.

Guadeloupe is not a country.
Guadeloupe is not a member of FIFA.
Guadeloupe cannot play in the world cup.
Guadeloupe has a population of 405,500.
USA should be winning 8-0 by now.

Shouldn't we count the population of France in there as well?

xbhaskarx

2 Slice Toaster said:
Shouldn't we count the population of France in there as well?

Why? They can't play for Guadeloupe I'm assuming... actually I have no idea how that works. I presume anyone in France has to have some connection to Guadeloupe to play for their team though.

xbhaskarx said:
Why? They can't play for Guadeloupe I'm assuming... actually I have no idea how that works. I presume anyone in France has to have some connection to Guadeloupe to play for their team though.

Sure they could. They're technically a department/state of France, not a colony or commonwealth. They're directed by the French FA, and not a FIFA member, so all player can play for France if they wanted to right after this tournament. I think there is specific Gold Cup rules that prevent recent French players from playing in the tourney, but Henry could play for them if he waited a couple of years.

xbhaskarx said:
LOL please link to one "racist" comment I have made here.

michael_scott.jpg

You said "Mexican"

2 Slice Toaster said:
Sure they could. They're technically a department/state of France, not a colony or commonwealth. They're directed by the French FA, and not a FIFA member, so all player can play for France if they wanted to right after this tournament. I think there is specific Gold Cup rules that prevent recent French players from playing in the tourney, but Henry could play for them if he waited a couple of years.

That was previously the case, but the rule was changed. Now there is a 5 year waiting period between playing in France and then Guad. Another wonderful CONCACAF invention.

Players going the other way have no waiting period.

RE:xbhaskarx, do your internet streaming comments not ring a bell? But really, Im referring to stuff from further back, which is impossible to search for in this forum

xbhaskarx

jamesinclair said:
RE:xbhaskarx, do your internet streaming comments not ring a bell? But really, Im referring to stuff from further back, which is impossible to search for in this forum

You said yesterday, that should be easy enough to find, if you're really so concerned about what I write on GAF.
So then why don't you post a link to it and people can get an idea of what you consider to be a "racist comment against Mexico"?

It must be something horrible right, I mean just from your description "internet streaming comments" it sounds like some really vile hateful KKK-level shit.

jamesinclair said:
They don't ring a bell for me and I'm hard pressed to figure out how "internet streaming comments" could be racist. Could you at least give me some sort of clue what you're talking about?

xbhaskarx

Regulus Tera said:
Just turning in, I was expecting a higher scoreline.

Not that the US hasn't missed quite a few chances, but this goalkeeper has done well also:

During the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup, when Guadeloupe surprisingly advanced to the tournament semifinals, Grandel was given top goalkeeper award and was also named to the tournament All-star team.

But hey lets focus on how tiny Guadeloupe's population is, not on how they made the semifinals of the last Gold Cup that mattered....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom