• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

KidA Seven said:
"Best $10 you'll ever spend... although I guess that's a year's wages down in Mexico." - you on big soccer

Just sayin'

1. What does that have to do with race?
2. That's trash talking in response to trash talking.
3. GAF has rules about playing internet detective on other sites...

Crisis

Banned
I refuse to believe this team isn't better than this, and I would very much like an explanation - a no-bullshit explanation - as to why they're so fucking horrible lately. Is it coaching? Is it exhaustion from other commitments?

xbhaskarx said:
1. What does that have to do with race?
2. That's trash talking in response to trash talking.
3. GAF has rules about playing internet detective on other sites...

I'm not trying to get you banned at all... just pointing out that you have made comments about Mexico and hope that you don't make such comments again that can offend people.

Edit: You want me to edit it out?

man of science

Neo Member
Crisis said:
I refuse to believe this team isn't better than this, and I would very much like an explanation - a no-bullshit explanation - as to why they're so fucking horrible lately. Is it coaching? Is it exhaustion from other commitments?

Someone mentioned it earlier, but there needs to be more competition for spots on the team.

Crisis said:

Good questions. That's the mystery at this point.

We are way too talented to have this kind of scoreline.

methodman

Banned
It feels like these guys have no respect for their coach, especially Dempsey who would never pull that shit in front of goal in the EPL

xbhaskarx

KidA Seven said:
I'm not trying to get you banned at all... just pointing out that you have made comments about Mexico and hope that you don't make such comments again.

No I'm saying other people on GAF have been banned for playing internet detective, I meant your comment not mine.

I absolutely WILL make comments about Mexico again in the future if Mexico fans like Verano and to a much lesser extent jamesinclair are talking shit. I'll only do it in response, I don't start anything. But if they can dish it out they better learn to take it.

=================
I don't want to drag this out as it's off topic so I'm posting this here:

Squirrel Killer said:
this is the forum in which jamesinclair made the claim that xbhaskarx made racist comments.

Here's all you need to know about jamesinclair: he accused someone of making racist comments and then conveniently disappeared from this thread when you asked him about it.

I'm not going to bother looking for it but the exchange was in the stickied soccer thread, from yesterday I believe.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Dempsey's worst game for the US. I have no money for the game at RFK. My brother may decide to buy me a ticket so we can both go.

xbhaskarx said:
No I'm saying other people on GAF have been banned for playing internet detective, I meant your comment not mine.

I absolutely WILL make comments about Mexico again in the future if Mexico fans like Verano and to a much lesser extent jamesinclair are talking shit. I'll only do it in response, I don't start anything. But if they can dish it out they better learn to take it.

Ugh... I'm just going to end it now (already edited my original comment). Point is, bad mouth the team, not the situation in Mexico.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Squirrel Killer said:
Not racist.

Just sayin'

Ten bucks is actually more like a day and a half of wages in Mexico.

Maybe it's not racist, but it is in bad taste. This is not the forum to discuss that, however.

shoplifter

Gamecocks625 said:
Good questions. That's the mystery at this point.

We are way too talented to have this kind of scoreline.
Too much variance in where guys play. Most "quality" international sides have guys who either largely play in the same domestic league, so they all have a similar style of play and thus mesh more easily. At least thats part of it.

shoplifter

sazabirules said:
Lol Dempsey's worst game for the US. I have no money for the game at RFK. My brother may decide to buy me a ticket so we can both go.
Right now I have one spare if anyone is suddenly planning to go.

Edit: I should note, 8 rows off the pitch in the US Supporters section.

xbhaskarx

shoplifter said:
Too much variance in where guys play. Most "quality" international sides have guys who either largely play in the same domestic league, so they all have a similar style of play and thus mesh more easily. At least thats part of it.

I'm not sure it is. I mean Italy's 2010 WC team was all from one domestic league, and they were embarrassing. England's WC teams area always from one domestic league, ranked #1 in the world, and they usually tend to underachieve.

I'm sure national teams like Netherlands, Brazil, and Argentina usually have players from many leagues, on the other hand.

xbhaskarx said:
I'm not sure it is. I mean Italy's 2010 WC team was all from one domestic league, and they were embarrassing. England's WC teams area always from one domestic league, ranked #1 in the world, and they usually tend to underachieve.

I think it depends on style of play too. For example, Spain cares more about technical ability rather than speed, height, power, etc... like England.

shoplifter

xbhaskarx said:
Because they're all worthless/entitled cunts. I'll admit that it seems like it holds more true for 2nd tier sides though. Germany and Spain being the major exceptions in 1st tier sides.

xbhaskarx

KidA Seven said:
I think it depends on style of play too. For example, Spain cares more about technical ability rather than speed, height, power, etc... like England.

Right, I was responding just to the players from many domestic leagues argument.

But let's not forget that until WC 2010 Spain were historically considered bigger underachievers at the World Cup than England.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
And people thought Wondo's miss last game was bad. Dempsey's today was so bad lol. He thought he could have walked it in. He's my favorite US player but this game was just embarrassing to watch with his misses. I'm glad I wasn't wearing my Fulham jersey.

Regulus Tera said:
Ten bucks is actually more like a day and a half of wages in Mexico.

Maybe it's not racist, but it is in bad taste. This is not the forum to discuss that, however.
But bad taste is not necessarily racist and this is the forum in which jamesinclair made the claim that xbhaskarx made racist comments.

sazabirules said:
And people thought Wondo's miss last game was bad. Dempsey's today was so bad lol. He thought he could have walked it in. He's my favorite US player but this game was just embarrassing to watch with his misses. I'm glad I wasn't wearing my Fulham jersey.

It happens. Cheech had a bad game 2 days ago.

Heretic

They've been playing with no sense of urgency. Dempsey stayed in first gear the whole damn game. Donovan was making runs but Beckham wasn't there to put the ball in his feet. Altidore made the one he shouldn't have and missed the ones he should have. Wondo made some plays here and there but needs the finishing touch. We're not winning this cup unless the team steps up. Its unfortunate I'm not going to see a US vs Mexico final and to be honest I'd much rather see an animated mexico then boring ass USA in the final when I'm there. How unfortunate. I fucking hate Mexico too. Followed them growing up but left when Campos left. My family is all about mexico too. Couldn't hear the end of it today. Chicharito this, chicharito that. Fuck him.

I was all over the place with this post... ugh...

xbhaskarx

Heretic said:
I was all over the place with this post... ugh...

Hah, this may be a reach but I think there's one positive from this: Right now we don't deserve to play in the final. Maybe with tonight being such a disappointing win, certain players will actually step up and we'll start playing better, maybe even well enough that we beat Mexico even though they are firing on all cylinders right now.
If we play like shit in the group stage but beat the best team in the semifinals, we will deserve our place in the finals. It's just like the Confederations Cup (the US was terrible in the group stage there too) but with Mexico instead of Spain.
Will that happen again? I'd say only like a 25% chance, but it could.

Slizz

xbhaskarx said:
Hah, this may be a reach but I think there's one positive from this: Right now we don't deserve to play in the final. Maybe with tonight being such a disappointing win, certain players will actually step up and we'll start playing better, maybe even well enough that we beat Mexico even though they are firing on all cylinders right now.
If we play like shit in the group stage but beat the best team in the semifinals, we will deserve our place in the finals. It's just like the Confederations Cup (the US was terrible in the group stage there too) but with Mexico instead of Spain.
Will that happen again? I'd say only like a 25% chance, but it could.

I expected the bounce-back from disappointment(Panama loss) this game against Guadalupe. I expected us to hit our stride last night and then storm to the Finals. We just look overall awful, the Canada game hid the fact that we weren't looking good due to being a 'rivalry' game. To me it doesn't look like players are on the same page at all and if thats the case I'm looking at the Coach.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I honestly that the only reason we were dominating our group while you weren't was because your group was tougher.

I'm not so sure after last game. Is it the squad? Is it the coach? Is it just that your opponents are parking the bus?

Bradley should have been canned after the World Cup. Why the management keeps postponing the inevitable (taking Bradley to the next World Cup is a laughable proposition IMO) I don't know.

shoplifter

Regulus Tera said:
I honestly that the only reason we were dominating our group while you weren't was because your group was tougher.

I'm not so sure after last game. Is it the squad? Is it the coach? Is it just that your opponents are parking the bus?
I think bob has lost the room. That and he seems to have gotten in the "not really looking for new bodies" that most national team managers get in after a long term.

Clydefrog

GitarooMan said:
Bradley should have been canned after the World Cup. Why the management keeps postponing the inevitable (taking Bradley to the next World Cup is a laughable proposition IMO) I don't know.

I thought it was ridiculous that he signed a 4 year contract after the world cup. Bob needs to go.

Watched the game in a pub last night (they put it on all 8 screens until the Mariner's game started and that took over one screen, and my group was the only group there to watch the game, haha).

Dempsey had uncharacteristically poor finishing, and the team as a whole finished as usual. Between the Men's National Team and the Sounders, why can't I like any teams that score goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom