• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
xbhaskarx said:
Official list of all 123 Premier League players released by 20 clubs: su.pr/16qDOa

Spector and Hahnemann

I think Spector may get a new contract. I don't think he's even had time to talk with them. I still wish BB gave him more of a chance in the midfield as a sub.

xbhaskarx

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Come to MLS Spector brah.
Nah Spector will stay in Europe, Hahnemann will probably go to one of the northwestern MLS teams though.
sazabirules said:
I still wish BB gave him more of a chance in the midfield as a sub.
Bedoya and Kljestan are doing well though.

xbhaskarx

SI: Meteoric rise for fullback Chandler

Supporters of Bob Bradley's U.S. team don't have to worry about a possible Chandler defection -- a spokesman of the German Football Association told SI.com that Chandler, who has dual-citizenship, is no longer under consideration for a call-up. (FIFA regulations allow players to switch sides before their first competitive match). "He was being looked at," the spokesman said, "but after his debut for the U.S .and his statements about identifying with America we don't see him playing for Germany in the future." It's Joachim Löw's loss, really. After Philipp Lahm's switch to the left-back position, Germany is crying out for a decent right back.

To understand just how far he has come in recent months, it's instructive to look at the season review of the veritable Kicker magazine, an earnest publication that often doesn't believe the hype. Kicker voted Chandler the fourth-best wide defensive player of the Bundesliga, behind Philipp Lahm (Bayern), Lukasz Piszczek and Marcel Schmelzer (both Borussia Dortmund). And in terms of overall performances, only goalkeeper Raphael Schäfer and Wollscheid received better grades among his club mates.

image_slshow_einzel_0_10.jpg

Clydefrog

Slizz said:
Donovan and Dempsey skip Cup training for weddings

So they are missing today's, tomorrow's and Saturday's practices and getting back Saturday evening. Both have family members having weddings.

Sweet so now there will be less chemistry then we already got!

LOL

nothing like putting back lots of food, cake, and alcohol the day before a gold cup quarterfinal. (jk, i'm assuming they'll behave at the weddings)

maybe some time away from bob bradley will do good because it doesn't seem like being near bob bradley helps.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Honestly the sooner USA gets used to playing without Donovan and Dempsey the sooner you guys can develop a better team game. Imo you rely too much on them.

daoster

All the hate direct towards Dempsey is a little perplexing. Yes he missed some easy ass shots, and the game in general was probably one of the most frustrating US games I ever remember watching for the USMNT, but Dempsey has been consistently one of our best (if not our best) player, and one bad game does not change the fact that we are worse with Clint off the field than off the field.

Sorry Wondo fans, he seems like another MLS player of the week that Bob Bradley called up to try to figure out our weak striker situation, and he just doesn't seem like he can bring his scoring abilities to the international game. SOmetimes, I wonder if Altidore was just an MLS player of the week as well, were it not for some flashes of brilliance in the international games.

Also, per Spiegel...FIFA and Interpol investigating some Gold Cup games: Costa Rica-Cuba, Mexico-Salvador, Jamaica-Grenada, Mexico-Cuba, and Gutamela-Grenada.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,769127,00.html

xbhaskarx

Previewing the Gold Cup quarterfinals, complete with Soccer Power Index projections:
es.pn/jEZ4cq

• The SPI odds for the rest of the tournament also reflect Mexico's dominance. At the beginning of the tournament, SPI gave the United States and Mexico virtually identical chances to win the title. After their drastically different performances in the group stage, Mexico is now a significant favorite, projected to win in nearly half of simulations. USA remains the second choice by a wide margin, in part because the tournament is in the United States. But the Americans' odds have dropped to 32.2 percent, from 38.8 percent before the tournament.

Despite tournament form, SPI rates USA an 83.9 percent favorite to advance and extend its unbeaten (9-0-8) record against the Reggae Boyz.

Stuck

Gamecocks625 said:
Talk about an emotional roller coaster. My goodness. I've never gone from shock to utter joy to pure anger in such a small period of time. lol

Can't believe it's been a year already. Now I'm even more ready for the match tomorrow after watching xbhaskarx's video.

xbhaskarx

Some stats from US vs Guadeloupe

-Dempsey had 9 chances to shoot, 6 shots, 2 on goal, and of course no goals. His nine chances were half of the entire team's (18).
-Jones led the team with 6 takeaways, Bradley had 5.
-Dempsey had the most giveaways, 4, some from errant shot attempts some from poor passing.
-Despite his inability to finish, Dempsey got the ball into the box the most times, 7, and was fouled the most times, 5.
-Cherundolo leads the team this Gold Cup with an average 8.3 balls into the box per game.

Heretic

daoster said:
All the hate direct towards Dempsey is a little perplexing. Yes he missed some easy ass shots, and the game in general was probably one of the most frustrating US games I ever remember watching for the USMNT, but Dempsey has been consistently one of our best (if not our best) player, and one bad game does not change the fact that we are worse with Clint off the field than off the field.

Sorry Wondo fans, he seems like another MLS player of the week that Bob Bradley called up to try to figure out our weak striker situation, and he just doesn't seem like he can bring his scoring abilities to the international game. SOmetimes, I wonder if Altidore was just an MLS player of the week as well, were it not for some flashes of brilliance in the international games.

Also, per Spiegel...FIFA and Interpol investigating some Gold Cup games: Costa Rica-Cuba, Mexico-Salvador, Jamaica-Grenada, Mexico-Cuba, and Gutamela-Grenada.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,769127,00.html
Translation?

NoRéN

daoster said:
The name Dempsey can be so easily replaced by Donovan.

xbhaskarx

shoplifter said:
shitting up the thread by posting from the airport

edit: fuck yeah, exit row!
Nice, I'll shit it up from this housewarming party I'm at right now.

I would much rather be at an airport on my way to RFK.

Slizz

Gamecocks625 said:
I'm scared of Jamaica

Their first game they looked real good, then the second game I was there and they looked so pedestrian and weren't doing anything on offense. They won 2-0 but the first goal was a penalty which kinda opened the gates. But in all honesty if we don't our best today we wont win.

Pre

No start from Donovan today, he didn't get in until early morning from his sister's wedding and is on the bench.

Stuck

Pre said:
No start from Donovan today, he didn't get in until early morning from his sister's wedding and is on the bench.

#USMNT Lineup: Howard; Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Lichaj; Jones, Bradley; Bedoya, Kljestan, Dempsey; Altidore

#USMNT subs: Edu, Agudelo, Donovan, Bornstein, Ream, Adu, Hahnemann

Slizz

Jozy hurt within the first 10 minutes sweet.... It's like they know people are watching and might want to get behind them so they start to suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom