• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruets

bad news :(

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/8183171/son-former-us-midfielder-claudio-reyna-dies-13

The son of former United States international Claudio Reyna died Thursday after a long fight against a brain tumor. Jack Reyna was 13.

Reyna played for the U.S. in three World Cups and spent time with European clubs Glasgow Rangers, Sunderland, Manchester City, Bayer Leverkusen, and VFW Wolfsburg before retiring in 2008 with the New York Red Bulls. He is now the youth technical director for U.S. Soccer.

Jack was born while Reyna was playing with Rangers in 1999.

"Rangers Football Club tonight learned of the tragic news that Claudio Reyna's son Jack has sadly died after a battle with cancer," a statement on the club's website said Thursday. "The thoughts of everyone at the club are with Claudio and his family at this extremely difficult time."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist added his own condolences.

"On behalf of everyone at Rangers I would like to offer my sincere condolences to Claudio and his family at this difficult time," he said. "Losing a child at just 13 is a tragedy and puts football into perspective."

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Terrence Boyd didn't take long to score his first professional goal. Minutes into the first game of the season for Rapid Vienna he scored.

Edit: He scored his second of the match and was subbed out. Hopefully Rapid is a good place for him to develop as a striker for the US.

2 goals and an assist for Boyd.

CobbFC09

Woman's team has shown some character! Down 2-0.. fought back and now lead 4-2. Way to go!
Yep, was very pleased with the result considering how the game started off.

Very excited to see this team back on the right track after that heartbreaking loss last year to Japan in the World Cup.

wishing the us ladies best of luck today...game kicks off soon.

also, looking ahead to usa vs mexico...curious to see what this roster looks like given the particulars of the timing of the game.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Geoff Cameron's work permit was approved and he will be joining Stoke City. Huth has meningitis and will be out for awhile so Cameron may be able to compete for a starting spot in the defense.

cruets

So excited for the game today. Gonna head to the bar to watch. The whole tournament I had been slumming it watching low definition streams since I got no cable tv so NBC been locking me out of their streams. Hope for an exciting win by our ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom