• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobbFC09

Congrats USWNT! Another gold medal which makes it three straight. Props to Japan though, they played a great game and are a team of the utmost class.

next game in Mexico City? Ha, we are so screwed. Hopefully we keep it respectable.

Eh, it's a true friendly (well as friendly as a US visit to the Azteca can be), so there's no real pressure for the team to perform. I expect the US will play loose and hopefully we'll be able to score a goal or two.

Not expecting a monumental beatdown.

Askani

This was on Konrad Warzycha's (Sporting KC player) twitter:

"Congrats to @gzusi and @mbesler on the national team call ups. Well deserved boys #SKC"

Maybe he heard something we haven't yet.

daoster

U.S. TRAVEL ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (3): Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (6): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steven Beithasour (San Jose Earthquakes), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim)
MIDFIELDERS (9): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (4): Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Why did he add Alan Gordon as a late addition?

I think our central defense will be weak. Besler is unproven and Orozco sucks. Cameron is the only good one.

Nesotenso

Why did he add Alan Gordon as a late addition?

I think our central defense will be weak. Besler is unproven and Orozco sucks. Cameron is the only good one.

As a SKC fan, I am kinda glad Besler got the nod. He has been solid at the back for some time now. Let's see how he fares at the international level.

daoster

Chandler cites schedule and travel as reasons for latest USMNT snub

According to a German report, Chandler was called up for the United States' Wednesday friendly against Mexico at Azteca Stadium but he passed on the opportunity due to the scheduling and 'strenous' travel that would have been required. Chandler reportedly was not keen on joining the U.S. team as he would have returned to FC Nurnberg from international duty on Saturday, a day before the club's DFB Pokal first round game against TSV Havelse.

I can understand Chandler not wanting to play for the US team, because I understand his connection with this country is very little...but either tell us 100% that you don't want to play for us, or if you're committed, then show up when we call on you. Don't use us as your back up in case you don't get that call up from Germany.

Chandler cites schedule and travel as reasons for latest USMNT snub

I can understand Chandler not wanting to play for the US team, because I understand his connection with this country is very little...but either tell us 100% that you don't want to play for us, or if you're committed, then show up when we call on you. Don't use us as your back up in case you don't get that call up from Germany.

seriously screw him..Why bother anymore. I'll roll with the guys who want to play on this team.

gutshot

Big game tonight, right? Any chance we bring home the W?

Very, very unlikely. It's not about winning anyway, it's about seeing what we have with some of these MLS/Primera league players. Hopefully a few of them show enough to get consideration for future call-ups.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
U.S. SOCCER ‏@ussoccer
#USMNT lineup for #USAvMEX: Howard (c); Johnson, Cameron, Edu, Castillo; Jones, Beckerman, Williams, Torres; Donovan, Gomez

I'm okay with Fabian playing RB if that is correct. I'm not okay with Beckerman forcing Williams out of position yet again.

Also not a fan of Torres on the wing.

Pre

I'm not really feeling that back line. I guess Klinsmann is compensating by going full defense in the midfield.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing in the background at the stadium? I always hear it at games but I forgot who did the song. It has a tropical or Caribbean Beat to it.

Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing in the background at the stadium? I always hear it at games but I forgot who did the song. It has a tropical or Caribbean Beat to it.
Sorry, I had the TV muted since I hate my local TV commentators (Televisa). I wish there was a SAP option with only the pitch sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom