• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxk_02

Black Republican
where can I get this shirt JK is wearing ?

klins.jpg
There are links (where available) on http://whatsjurgenwearing.com/

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/us-retro-soccer-jersey/pid-655620

A few more details on the additional callups:

@SoccerByIves: USMNT had originally planned to call in Graham Zusi but had to change plans, switched to Gonzalez. No word on what changed.

@GrantWahl: USSF says Omar González wouldn't join USMNT until Gold Cup semis if team makes it. Arena putting foot down?

@SoccerInsider: Oguchi Onyewu was dropped because of ankle sprain. Herculez Gomez still feeling effects of knee injury, not 100% #usmnt

Askani

Ike Opara has been a good fill in for SKC. So while I'd rather have Besler back there, it doesn't hurt as bad as it could. That and it'll be nice to see him get another cap and help him settle into a regular role for the USMNT. I'm assuming the last minute Zusi change is Vermes saying nonono with the huge games coming up. As it stands now, we play #1 in the West this weekend, #2 in the East after that, and #3 in the East after that.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
- Jeff Carlisle over at ESPNFC: Are American players undervalued?

Really, really good article, which covered a lot of the angle. Truth be told, a great number of Americans look down on American born players, in relation to those from England and other parts o the world. It's almost bred into the culture of the sport.

I'm rooting so hard for Jozy's stint at Sunderland. Fair or not, he plays for more than his own reputation.

Quarterfinal is this afternoon:

U.S. Men vs. El Salvador
M&T Bank Stadium; Baltimore, Md.
July 21, 2013 @ 4 p.m. ET
FOX

Goodson did the press conference yesterday, so he's probably starting. I'm not sure what Klinsmann has up his sleeve other than that, but here's Galarcep's guess. The crowd will be a sell out and overwhelmingly in favor of El Salvador - should be a good test for the US. The winner will play the winner of the Honduras - Costa Rica game.

On the other side of the draw, Panama and Mexico notched victories yesterday and will face each other in the semifinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom