• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked absolutely a penalty at first, but the replay showed Onyewu getting his foot to the ball and out of his path before the Cuban went down. I'll have to see it again, but it looked like the ball even fell to another American defender before Ciprian landed.

CobbFC09

Here's another look at Joe Corona's goal:

iRm9ZjpCo7ruA.gif

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I always thought Wondolowski would do well for the US. in his early appearances he would always be put up as the lone forward and not get any service.

CobbFC09

So apparently Wondo asked for another "W" to be put on his jersey and it's working!

Jesse Bignami ‏@jessebignami
After the last match @ChrisWondo asked for 3 "W's" on all his jerseys moving forward. Here you go! @ussoccer

35vZH4a.jpg

CobbFC09

Good stuff again from Wondo. Really curious to see how he does against better competition though.

Tuesday's game against Costa Rica will be much, much tougher than these two have been. On to the quarterfinals we go!

NoRéN

Good stuff again from Wondo. Really curious to see how he does against better competition though.

Tuesday's game against Costa Rica will be much, much tougher than these two have been. On to the quarterfinals we go!
Definitely. If he can be this good against Costa Rica that will be impressive.

So glad to see Landon back and just as good!

Nesotenso

easy run of games. First half here was atrocious. Games now will tell you more.

LM need to figure it out. RB and LB spots as well. Happy for Corona on his first goal.

daoster

Kinda disturbing to see both Belize and Cuba score on us... That weakness will probably bite us in the ass later in the tourney

Haven't watched the game yet as I've been at work all day, but it seems Castillo gifted a goal? Why I never..

i6DakMFm.jpg

Edit: Was on my phone, apologies for the giganto-pic.

gutshot

Haven't watched the game yet as I've been at work all day, but it seems Castillo gifted a goal? Why I never..

It was a poor clearance that gave him the opportunity, but he made the most of it with a beautiful curling shot. Also that picture is going to give me nightmares.

The US faces off against Costa Rica this evening in their final group match.

U.S. Men vs. Costa Rica
Rentschler Field; East Hartford, Conn.
July 16, 2013 @ 8 p.m. ET
FOX Soccer, UniMas, Univision Deportes

Galarcep's projection:
———Chris Wondolowski———Landon Donovan—————–

Edgar Castillo————-Stuart Holden——————–Joe Corona

—————————-Kyle Beckerman——————————–

DaMarcus Beasley————————————Michael Parkhurst

—————Clarence Goodson——–Oguchi Onyewu—————–

—————————–Nick Rimando———————————-
Wondo did the press conference with Klinsmann yesterday, so there's a good chance he gets the start tonight.

CobbFC09

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
USA lineup: Johnson; Parkhurst, Orozco, Goodson, Beasley; Holden, Diskerud; Bedoya, Donovan, Torres; Wondolowski.

Can't wait to see how Wondo does this game.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
USA lineup: Johnson; Parkhurst, Orozco, Goodson, Beasley; Holden, Diskerud; Bedoya, Donovan, Torres; Wondolowski.

Can't wait to see how Wondo does this game.

Seriously, it'll be interesting to see how he does against a decent team. I'm glad Mix is getting play time, I really like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom