• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Yesss!

holdenmad.gif

Meier

Can't believe they didn't give a red. But more than that, I can't believe we didn't score off that dropped FK. Come on Donovan!

Meier

Oof, just ever so slightly out of reach. Nice set piece from CRC there.

Wow! Huge from Johnson to pull that down out of there and then collect after the initial drop.

That'll work. US stepped it up in the 2nd half, but hopefully Klinsmann finds something that works from the first whistle. I do understand that they sometimes have to soften up a team before breaking it open.

Some interesting choices coming up for Klinsmann in terms of whether to make roster moves before the knockout phase and who starts on Sunday against El Salvador.

Eight game win streak! First in US history.

Clydefrog

IIRC, wasn't Herc having some injury-related rehab in San Diego before the tourney? That could be why he was taken off and said in his tweet "#SDBound".

The way he's been playing lately, the only good to come of that is he won't be taking up a roster slot on the Sounders that could go to someone with more impact (an 8 year old maybe)
If they add a forward, it's Johnson, Alan Gordon, or Bobby Wood. I assume Johnson is at the top of that list, but who knows. I was at the SJ-SEA game on Saturday, and he didn't look great.

Just some observations but with the Costa Rica game was it that Costa Rica was playing a heavy defensive formation or was it the lack of off-the-ball runs from our guys. Just didn't seem like anything was happening other than kicking it out to the wing for a cross here and there. Nothing technical up the front with quick, tight passing.

Nesotenso

I like Gomez a lot and I hope he is still above Wondo on the depth chart. Gonzo and Besler having more games together is good. Would have taken Zusi but I guess SKC can use him as well.

I like Gomez a lot and I hope he is still above Wondo on the depth chart. Gonzo and Besler having more games together is good. Would have taken Zusi but I guess SKC can use him as well.
Word is that Gooch took a knock, so his departure was precautionary. Sounds like Gomez was recalled by his club.

Askani

Twitter:

GrantWahl @GrantWahl
US Gold Cup player changes: OUT-Ashe, Gómez, McInerney, Onyewu. IN-González, Gordon, E. Johnson, Besler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom