• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we seem content to pass the ball around forever allowing them to setup. Rather than taking those opportunities on the counter when we have them.
On the road, I don't mind taking a little more time in most situations just to burn some clock, but the US does need to be more opportunistic when there's something available on the counter.

andycapps

On the road, I don't mind taking a little more time in most situations just to burn some clock, but the US does need to be more opportunistic when there's something available on the counter.

Right, I get taking a bit more time, but there's no sense of urgency. This is a pretty pathetic showing thus far. We'll see if Klinsmann can make some changes at the half.

Nesotenso

EJ is fine against CONCACAF level competition but he really lacks the quality in the final third to be a difference maker against world class teams. Hopefully Johannsson gets a chance in the 2nd half and flashes.

EJ- too much holding the ball and not decisive enough.

EJ is fine against CONCACAF level competition but he really lacks the quality in the final third to be a difference maker against world class teams. Hopefully Johannsson gets a chance in the 2nd half and flashes.

I literally said the same thing to someone when I turned on the game for a few minutes.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Johannsson in there for EJ. I haven't quite wrapped my head around what to do in the center midfield. Suppose you could put Klejstan in for Jones, but I still feel like they'd get overrun there.

Albert Larcada ESPN said:
Goals allowed by USMNT in 2013. Teal balls = assists. Opponent's right wing a problem (including today's 2nd goal)

sSl6N8O.png

Any thoughts on Brooks so far? I think he's fitting in pretty well. Still too early to tell much, but he doesn't look out of place out there.

andycapps

This may be a very important friendly for the US. Horrible first half, followed by tying the game up quickly against a very worthy opponent. Good confidence booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom