• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Brien had 5 caps in 2000, 5 in 2001 and 9 in 2002. I don't know exactly which games he was capped in, but I'm guessing at least a few of those were WCQ. He was a pretty prominent player in US Soccer during those years, I remember he was on the 2000 Olympic squad too, which was one of my favorite US teams ever.

Ah OK. I just remember thinking "I wish I saw more of O'Brien" so maybe that's what it was.

@ussoccer: #USMNT Lineup for #USAvBIH: Howard ©; Evans, Cameron, Brooks, F. Johnson; Bradley, Jones; Bedoya, Diskerud, E. Johnson; Altidore

Cody Cropper and Danny Williams are not dressing for the match.

Meier

Came to post the video. He's gonna piss that Icelandic FA president off quite a bit. :lol Talked about how Jurgen and the US wanted him more. It's a good watch.

Good to see Brooks is starting.

Nesotenso

Came to post the video. He's gonna piss that Icelandic FA president off quite a bit. :lol Talked about how Jurgen and the US wanted him more. It's a good watch.

Good to see Brooks is starting.

sounded a lot like NCAA basketball/ football recruiting with coaches keeping tabs on players.

Pic of warmups from US Soccer:

2DRFUXu.jpg

gutshot

could be a blow out like Belgium. but good to see new faces given a shot

Yeah, I'm thinking 3-1. Which I'm fine with, it's good to get some experience and also probably good that the team get a dose of reality after their recent successes. I also feel like not having the winning streak hype following the team going into WCQ would be a good thing.

hom3land

Can't tell if crowd is talking or singing the national anthem..

And this match has already taught me we really need a usmnt member with a raging mustache.

Meier

Dzeko <3 He's just an absolute beast. Unlucky for Howard, nice save and positioning initially. Terrible giveaway to allow that attack.

Meier

The ref is letting em play. Surprised he hasn't called a foul on one of these times that Mix has gone down.

Well he fucked that one up (again). Very poor performance thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom