• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2016 [OT] Bodies ache, but New York will not wait. [Tennis]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK.

You have to think Stan has it now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon lads, send your spare energy to Evans.

Hazzuh

Gonna say it again... as long as there is tennis to be played there is a chance for Wawrinka to throw this.

Speevy

Banned
Djokovic will play Tsonga and win.

Nadal will play Monfils and win.

Del Potro and Wawrinka, I'm not sure.

Murray will beat Nishikori

Then we'll have Djokovic and Nadal, Djokovic wins.

Murray vs. Del Potro or Wawrinka.

And the finals are Djokovic vs. Murray, but I hope against all that it's Del Potro.

miserable

Djokovic will play Tsonga and win.

Nadal will play Monfils and win.

Del Potro and Wawrinka, I'm not sure.

Murray will beat Nishikori

Then we'll have Djokovic and Nadal, Djokovic wins.

Murray vs. Del Potro or Wawrinka.

And the finals are Djokovic vs. Murray, but I hope against all that it's Del Potro.

and in the end, Djoker still wins

latest

miserable

yeah, Nadal is gonna lose this match the way he's been playing. I feel like every GS nowadays the question is which lower seeded journeyman is gonna eliminate Rafa. a really sad state of affairs :(

John Dunbar

correct about everything
yeah, Nadal is gonna lose this match the way he's been playing. I feel like every GS nowadays the question is which lower seeded journeyman is gonna eliminate Rafa. a really sad state of affairs :(

pouille is seeded and he is only 22, so not a journeyman this time.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
He ran his body into the ground and everyone figured out his style.

i don't think the latter matters. everyone knew his style just fine but no one except djokovic and the occasional ballbasher could do shit about it before he declined.

At Nadal's level losing even half a step makes a huge difference. It really hurt his confidence for a while and he hasn't fully recovered. Both of those led to a "big" fall off.

I still can't wrap my head around what happened to an icon like Nadal and how and why he has fallen from tennis grace. It is truly mind boggling to me.

Same thing that happened to Federer, the patrol caught them. Hopefully they'll get Murray and Djokovic soon aswell.

Pouille looks like a good guy, hope he can win the tournament, tennis is in dire need of a breath of fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom