• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

Can you guys watching on TV hear a guy yelling something in Romanian(?) then Simona? He's in my section and really annoying. More often than not Halep loses he point too.

Rainy

Banned
So I only watch tennis during the majors...does the tennis community hate Maria after the whole positive drug test thing? (Did they hate her before that?)

At least the US Open crowd seems to like her.

So I only watch tennis during the majors...does the tennis community hate Maria after the whole positive drug test thing? (Did they hate her before that?)

At least the US Open crowd seems to like her.

Some hate her (Halep is one of them which makes this even more scandalous), others tend to not say anything about it

MIMIC

Banned
Really rough for Halep. Slam gods are not being too kind to her. She's definitely gonna have to earn it like never before.

Also, that was a very nice reception for Sharapova. I'm still disappointed that she fucking doped, but I've always admired her conviction. Even when Serena is blasting her off the court, she fights tooth and nail. It's nice to have her back.

EDIT: Not to absolve her of her crimes though. I like seeing her, but at the same time, I'll probably never look at her the same.

What a match, só good to have her back <3

Her outfit is amazing, I cant get over it.

If the jacket was included in the $1500 outfit price tag, I could see it being more reasonable. Still way too much for a tennis outfit, but I've seen way worse for a higher cost at Saks 5th Ave

sam12

Feel sad about Halep for going up against an opponent like that in the 1st round but well deserved win for Maria. One of the best matches.

d+pad

So happy Maria is back.

Me, too ^_^ Women's tennis needs fighters like her--and Serena, and Azarenka, and Muguruza. Seriously, is there anything better in tennis than seeing someone *win* a match like Maria did tonight?

I love Halep, but this match showed that she (and her "type," like Wozniacki and even Kerber) need to add some real guts to their games if they ever want to beat the "big girls" consistently and on the biggest stages.

Me, too ^_^ Women's tennis needs fighters like her--and Serena, and Azarenka, and Muguruza. Seriously, is there anything better in tennis than seeing someone *win* a match like Maria did tonight?

I love Halep, but this match showed that she (and her "type," like Wozniacki and even Kerber) need to add some real guts to their games if they ever want to beat the "big girls" consistently and on the biggest stages.

Yeah Sharapova has always been the type of competitor that would fight to win a match "Using whatever means necessary*".

*Now omitting the use of PED's

LuuKyK

The intensity and atmosphere was really something else in that match. It did feel like a SF or F.

If the jacket was included in the $1500 outfit price tag, I could see it being more reasonable. Still way too much for a tennis outfit, but I've seen way worse for a higher cost at Saks 5th Ave

It is included actually, the dress is 500 and the jacket is 800. Something like that.

Top Bottom