• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

Ricker

YDTU9eXl.jpg

I'm here!

Nice...now make the rain stop outside ;)

Fallen Seeds:

WTA:
[32] L. Davis
[28] L. Tsurenko
[24] K. Bertens
[21] A. Konjuh
[07] J. Konta
[06] A. Kerber
[02] S. Halep

ATP:
[32] R. Haase
[25] K. Khachanov
[21] D. Ferrer
[13] J. Sock

gsx302

Did you see any sessions on the practice courts at all? Highly recommend those as got to see Federer, Murray, Venus, Wawrinka etc on those when I went 2 years back

Not today unfortunately. Weather was crappy so we headed in saw Osaka and now about to see Nadal

d+pad

I did some re-calculations and I think it will be closer to around 20. But yeah, huge drop

So sad. She looked so sharp all of last year. I guess it really took it out of her, as she seems completely flat this year. Maybe she should take the rest of the year off like everyone else, go on a nice, long vacation, and then come back with a fresh perspective...

d+pad

What happens with the schedule tomorrow then? As that is a lot of matches they need to get through.

I'd guess most of today's unfinished matches will be moved to tomorrow and that they'll also try to fit in as many of the matches originally scheduled for tomorrow, too.

Regardless, they'll probably have to cram in some extra matches here and there for the rest of the week.

Milchmann

I'd guess most of today's unfinished matches will be moved to tomorrow and that they'll also try to fit in as many of the matches originally scheduled for tomorrow, too.

Regardless, they'll probably have to cram in some extra matches here and there for the rest of the week.

Late night session. Not before 1 am.

It would be neat for the fans if Tiafoe could somehow steal a set. However, the fans are probably going to be just as much for Federer (if not more so) than Tiafoe

Really want to go to the U.S. Open because I've never been, but I'm having cold feet for some reason. Probably won't do it tomorrow because "night before" plans scare me, so maybe Thursday. Or should I just wait for week two? Will it be incredibly expensive?

Really want to go to the U.S. Open because I've never been, but I'm having cold feet for some reason. Probably won't do it tomorrow because "night before" plans scare me, so maybe Thursday. Or should I just wait for week two? Will it be incredibly expensive?

If you live in New York, New Jersey, or anywhere within a day's drive, you owe it to yourself to go if you're a fan of tennis

mcfrank

Go tomorrow. All the rained out matches mean the outter courts will be full of action late into the evening. For the price of a grounds pass you will see a ton of tennis. You really should go.

Wow Tiafoe took the first set. Fed wasn't playing well but still he was able to take advantage which isn't easy. Crowd isn't as thrilled about it as I thought they would be. They want Federer to win.

Go tomorrow. All the rained out matches mean the outter courts will be full of action late into the evening. For the price of a grounds pass you will see a ton of tennis. You really should go.

But grounds pass doesn't get you into any show courts, right? Unless for late night matches they start letting people in (which I'd imagine they do).

Smellycat

Federer is just awful so far. Horrible

He needs to step it up big time. Hopefully this is just him getting the rust out, but he is 36...

Marvie_3

Banned
Wow Tiafoe took the first set. Fed wasn't playing well but still he was able to take advantage which isn't easy. Crowd isn't as thrilled about it as I thought they would be. They want Federer to win.
Yeah crowd here is definitely pro-Fed. Tiafoe is playing pretty well though.

clemenx

Banned
The ground passes are like the same price as the cheap seats in Ashe.
Oh, I thought that was what was meant with ground pass. Didn't know they sold one with no Ashe ticket.

When I went a couple of years ago I had an upper bowl Ashe ticket but I spent the majority of my day going to the different smaller courts. It was a day ticket so there were plenty of juniors and doubles matches as well. It was a great experience definitely.

So there are grounds passes on ticketmaster for $75 right now... How much are they usually? Website says they sell some tickets the morning of but a limited quantity.

Also I'd kinda hate to go and not get to see the inside of Arthur Ashe at all...

So there are grounds passes on ticketmaster for $75 right now... How much are they usually? Website says they sell some tickets the morning of but a limited quantity.

Also I'd kinda hate to go and not get to see the inside of Arthur Ashe at all...

September 7th is a free day for grounds entry. You won't see big matches, but it's still a great experience.

mcfrank

But grounds pass doesn't get you into any show courts, right? Unless for late night matches they start letting people in (which I'd imagine they do).

But that is what is unique about tomorrow, due to the rain today lots of name players will have to play on the outter courts so they can keep on schedule. You have a unique opportunity tomorrow to see great players on small courts for a cheap price. Don't pass it up.

Top Bottom