• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Utah man who groped nurse taking wife to delivery room sentenced to 6 months jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man who grabbed national headlines for groping nurse gets 6 months in jail

It's six months in jail for the 31-year-old Bountiful man who made national news by groping the nurse wheeling his pregnant girlfriend to McKay-Dee Hospital's delivery room.

Adam Manning was arrested Oct. 9 at the hospital after twice fondling the nurse's breasts. Manning was initially charged with second-degree felony forcible sexual abuse. He pleaded guilty June 15 to the charge reduced to a third-degree felony. He missed the birth of his child while in jail before raising his $11,000 bail.

On Tuesday, 2nd District Judge Scott Hadley sentenced Manning to 180 days in Weber County Jail, with credit for the 77 days he'd already spent there.

Defense attorney Randall Marshall argued that Manning's action was a rare situation accompanied by a blackout, which Manning is prone to suffer because of brain damage from a Jeep accident 10 years ago.

"He touched her over the clothing. There was no violence, no force," Marshall said. "That doesn't come close to some of the sexual offenses we see ... 180 days in jail seems a little heavy."

Marshall asked for 120 days, noting Manning's lack of prior similar crimes, saying he touched the woman twice "and that was the end of it."

Arguing the other side of the same coin, Deputy Weber County Attorney Branden Miles said "precisely because there was a blackout, we don't know that it won't happen again. He continues to pose a danger until it's figured out."

Manning first fondled the woman "and the victim expressed shock and alarm," Miles said. "Then he did it again."

Manning first offered to massage the nurse's neck, commenting, "Look at you, you little hottie nurse," before groping the woman, according to charging documents, which said the incident was captured on hospital surveillance video.

The girlfriend didn't see the groping, police said.

2chm4wh.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Didn't this happen to some other guy?

I swear I remember a thread about this exact subject...I thought this thread was a bump! :lol

Mudkips

Banned
RubxQub said:
Didn't this happen to some other guy?

I swear I remember a thread about this exact subject...I thought this thread was a bump! :lol

I think this is the same case, we just have a verdict and sentence now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom