• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War |OT| Some made it, some did not.

sense

can we have a gif of that ea guy saying "all the feels" after that dragon inquisition reveal at that ea conference. i am surprised it hasn't been used much!

I had no idea that this was coming out this soon until I read an old GI preview of it earlier and I had to double check online to confirm. The game looks great, and has such a refreshing premise! Lets hope this isn't another case of all style and no substance.

Green Yoshi

Has someone already played it? A reputable German newspaper says "that you need eight hours to finish the game is the only euphemism Ubisoft uses". Overall they liked it, but it's not written from a gamer perspective.

Gaz_RB

I have been waiting impatiently for this game since it was announced! Looks like a refreshing take on an era that doesn't get much spotlight in games. Not to mention the gorgeous art and music.

Muzy72

Banned
I hope this turns out to be great. I like the idea of a big publisher doing an adventure game and the concept/setting/atmosphere and visual approach looks interesting.

Next week will be great for digital games, with Valiant Hearts, The Swapper and Another World all releasing the same day.
And Shovel Knight the next day! :D

yatesl

3zzxFdx.png

wouwie

So i guess we will see reviews tomorrow on release day. Fingers crossed for a hopefully good game. It seems very quiet around this game in any case.

sjay1994

So i guess we will see reviews tomorrow on release day. Fingers crossed for a hopefully good game. It seems very quiet around this game in any case.

Well, its an adventure game.

As long as the story is good, it will get good reviews. If the puzzles and story are great, it will get great reviews.

But still, as long as it's got a good story, it will do fine.

Oldsql

Feels like people aren't that excited about the game. I really hope the reviews are good so it gets the attention it deserves.

Btw. Is it normal that I can't preorder this game for PS4? It's not showing up anywhere in the store, no information regarding it at all.

sjay1994

Feels like people aren't that excited about the game. I really hope the reviews are good so it gets the attention it deserves.

Btw. Is it normal that I can't preorder this game for PS4? It's not showing up anywhere in the store, no information regarding it at all.

Well oddly its a wednesday release. Maybe that has something to do with it.

sjay1994

Also, yeah the interest for this game is ridiculously low compared to Child of Light.

Guess JRPG's draw more interest than adventure games.

Osahi

Reviews should be up in 20 minutes (5PM UK time according to Eurogamer)

Really curious, as I'm looking forward to thise game more then anything als atm. World War I is pretty big here in Belgium, and I'm really interested in the history of it. It's a war that is too underdevelopped in many media, compared to WWII for instance. (Few good films (All Quiet and Paths of Glory), no games to speak off, but luckily some classic books)

Varg

Banned
Someone give impressions! I'm planning on buying it tomorrow on xbox if it gets a good reception. I put like 20 hours I to child of light...

sjay1994

What will make or break the game for me is if Walt survives or not. Let him live, Ubi!

The dog is the narrator, of course he lives. Everyone else is going to die though, and we will have a repeat of Seymour from Futurama. And that is infinitely more depressing that the dog just dying.

Top Bottom