• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War |OT| Some made it, some did not.

Galdius

I don't normally buy downloadable games but I couldn't let this one pass.

I'm already downloading the PS4 version.
I hope the story is as good as I expect it to be.

Mdk7

If the whole world played this game, Earth would be a better place.
Questionable videogame (in a traditional way, gameplay-wise and blablabla), amazing experience all around (i found myself thinking about it and some of the stuff i learned thanks to it the whole day today).

I applaud you once again, Ubisoft Montpellier!
(my review is coming soon on IGN Italy, in case someone's interested, LOL)

Renpatsu

Going to pick his up later so no spoilers please, I'm just hoping that foregoing explicit dialogue in favour of allowing the visuals and gameplay tell the story solves some of the issues I had with Child of Light.

Strider

If the whole world played this game, Earth would be a better place.
Questionable videogame (in a traditional way, gameplay-wise and blablabla), amazing experience all around (i found myself thinking about it and some of the stuff i learned thanks to it the whole day today).

I applaud you once again, Ubisoft Montpellier!
(my review is coming soon on IGN Italy, in case someone's interested, LOL)

Looking forward to it.

My download just finished \O/ I'm gonna grab some dinner soon and start it up. I'm ready for the feels... I think.

Tizoc

Hope this doesn't count as port begging but much like Child of Light, any chance this'll be released on Vita too?

Gonna grab it off Steam by the end of the Summer Sale.

Portman

Shoot, I got my hopes up seeing it on the PSN store but it isn't up on the Xbox One yet. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow and do a remote download if it pops up while I'm at work since I have credit. Now if only those things could install the game too so I could play the minute I get home....

Strider

Hope this doesn't count as port begging but much like Child of Light, any chance this'll be released on Vita too?

Gonna grab it off Steam by the end of the Summer Sale.

I'd say there's a really good chance this ends up on vita at some point. Child of Light came to vita a couple months after it's release on consoles right?

Galdius

The game has finished downloading and I'm now playing a bit.

I took two screen captures using the Share function on my PS4 (I uploaded on twitter):

Bq71sYkIgAE2KIn.jpg:orig

The game is beautiful on the PS4 and the gameplay is simple but good.
I'm on the third level now and really enjoying it. I want to keep playing it but I have to work tomorrow so I won't play much more.
I can't wait for the weekend to arrive so that I can play it and finish it.

Grisby

Played about an hour and so, getting past the first chapter and a few minutes into the next. Couple of impressions below:

-The art is incredible, almost more so than Child of Light. Chapter 2's opening scene had me snapping pics like crazy.
-I don't play many adventure games but the puzzles seem easy. Not mind numbingly boring or anything and I fill like they fit 'well' into the environment. Pacing is pretty decent.
-The (Chapter 1 and early 2 spoilers)
car scene with the music
was awesome.
Very reminiscent of Rayman's music levels.
-Like the constant switching of characters. Keeps things fresh.
-Liberal use of the piano is very ear pleasing. Good tunes so far.

I'm really enjoying it. The dog's happy puzzle solving jump is instantly endearing. All of the characters are coming off really well.

reminder

Does anyone have any idea when it will be up on EU PSN?

The store usually updates at ~4pm UK time, although most games are avalibale much earlier through the search function of the web store. I always start checking the search function at about 1pm (2pm here in germany).

RonanN1

Banned
Galdius, how did you get the game so fast? I can't find it on the XBOX ONE or X360 marketplace :(

Thank you.

I'm from Romania (EU) GMT+2

EDIT

Ups, nevermind. It shows up now :)

The store usually updates at ~4pm UK time, although most games are avalibale much earlier through the search function of the web store. I always start checking the search function at about 1pm (2pm here in germany).

Yeah I will be checking early in the hope it appears, got £10 sitting on my account for now :)

I got as far as Emile and Freddie's second encounter with each other last night. Didn't play it all that much, obviously, but this game is completely up my alley. I adore the art, the setting, how seriously it handles the subject matter, the whole thing. Also, these kinds of 2D adventure / puzzle titles are my kind of thing. I just replayed Another World, for example, and I'm planning on replaying it again on PS4. I enjoyed the Cave even, which not many people dug on.

From the very first tease of this around the same time they announced Child of Light I've had my fingers tightly crossed, and judging from reviews and reactions and what I did get to play, it looks like they've pulled it off.

lionpants

I'll be honest, the Doberman is the selling point of this game for me (I love them!). I can't remember the last time (if any) that a Doberman has appeared in a game that isn't a zombie, Nazi cyborg, or police dog.

Picking this up tonight!

I played about an hour last night with my wife. We both loved it. It felt like a cross between playing a cartoon and watching a good documentary.

Strider

I'm about to start back up this morning. Last night I made it to the part where
you shoot the tractor to stop the dog from being run over.

So far I'm enjoying it. Gameplay is meh but it's exactly what I expected and the rest of the game makes up for it.

I find I'm really enjoying reading the facts section. I've always enjoyed reading bits of history here and there but I've read so much on WWII history I really don't know much about this time period in comparison. So the little bits of info are cool.

Takiyah

Played the demo at E3 and just got pretty bored of it. Puzzles were sorta meh - I felt this was less the fault of the designers, and more a fault of just the restrictive world they had to work with...but the reception here wrt to seems pretty good, so might give this another shot?

Regardless, game visual style is rock solid.

w8fIA.gif

I am still not ready for the feels, downloaded and going to play tonight.

Tissues ready.
I know the feel bro.

I couldn't even play the sotc hd remake, as soon as I saw the opening cinematic I remembered everything from my first play through:(
Download last night through the mobile store(pretty damn cool) and now I just gotta work up the courage to play it.

Tsunamo

Spoilers from end of chapter 1
I love the taxi segments on this game, was really happy to see it wasn't just a cutscene and ended up being playable

Bluecondor

I bought the game last night for PS4 on the Sony Store and downloaded/installed it (8 minutes), with the intent of having it ready to play when I get home from work today.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone get the steam version? How is it? Is it really tied to Uplay? Is it controller based or Kb/m?

Yes. Every internally-developed Ubi game beginning with AssCreed 2 uses Uplay, with the one and only exception being Rayman Origins.

Top Bottom