• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles |OT| Beautiful art meets genre-redefining gameplay

rykomatsu

Farnack said:
I think I will probably have to pick this up even though I was limiting myself to LBP and Lich King for the year.

Anyways, does anywhere else do the artbook stuff other than that crappy store? >_< In Canada?

TBH i enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles much more than I did LBP beta...

I hope you guys get the additional DLC eventually...we're getting our second DLC episode next Friday (we being importers)...the JPN DLC was a pretty thorough episode with sega calling back the VA's to record new content instead of just releasing it with text dialogue.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
rykomatsu said:
TBH i enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles much more than I did LBP beta...

I hope you guys get the additional DLC eventually...we're getting our second DLC episode next Friday (we being importers)...the JPN DLC was a pretty thorough episode with sega calling back the VA's to record new content instead of just releasing it with text dialogue.

Lucky bastards, you get the Selvaria Bles DLC.

Hopefully we get both of them for the USA release somewhere down the line.

Hcoregamer00

Elbrain said:
Dude when did you get the new tag?! :lol

Blame her for my tag

62429457.jpg

Hcoregamer00

Kagari said:
At least people don't quote your tag when they disagree with what you're saying!

If it makes you feel better you are on my buddy list, and I think I added you in my PSN friends list.

Could someone please tell me what sort of online features this game will have? If I remember correctly, I recall reading here that there was going to be some kind of versus mode? It's not a real big deal to me, I was just curious to know.

I'm now positive that I'm going to be canceling my pre order for Fallout 3 on the 360 and putting my money on this instead. I can thank the demo for that.

Hcoregamer00

Guled said:
dam it I fell for the hype. I'll get this a week or 2 after release now. Way to many good games to buy

There is never too much of a good thing, unless it is candy, food, exercise....

Never mind, in real life too much of a good thing is a bad thing, but the gaming world doesn't play by the rules of the real world. In this world, too much of a good thing is good enough.

Jazzy Network said:
Played the demo. Didn't do it for me. Actually I hated it. Wasn't planning on buying it anyway. Loved Skies of Arcadia though.

If your post is not panegyric prose, get out.

Just kidding!!!

Hcoregamer00

kiryogi said:
picked up the valkyria artbook today. was the japanese one this big? still it,s pretty neat

Hmm, a lot of people are picking up artbooks.

I should consider calling my GS to see if they got it in.

Quixzlizx

Takeda Kenshi said:
What are your impressions of the artbook? Is it worth paying 15 more dollars for?

Well, it's softcover instead of hardcover, and stapled instead of bound, so that's a bit of a turnoff. However, I am an artbook/extras whore who couldn't help himself. If you like Alicia and Selvaria like I do, there are a lot of cute sketches (Selvaria gets 2 pages to herself).

zoku88

Hcoregamer00 said:
Hmm, a lot of people are picking up artbooks.

I should consider calling my GS to see if they got it in.
They took it for themselves >.>

I'm kidding, does GS's always give preorder bonuses before giving you the actual game?

It would seem like many ppl would cancel preorders...

Hcoregamer00

Quixzlizx said:
Well, it's softcover instead of hardcover, and stapled instead of bound, so that's a bit of a turnoff. However, I am an artbook/extras whore who couldn't help himself. If you like Alicia and Selvaria like I do, there are a lot of cute sketches (Selvaria gets 2 pages to herself).

Woohoo!!!!

zoku88 said:
They took it for themselves >.>

I'm kidding, does GS's always give preorder bonuses before giving you the actual game?

It would seem like many ppl would cancel preorders...

The store I go to typically gives the preorders early if people asks for them.

Hell, if they have double the preorder bonuses compared to preorders they will likely give you one to pick it up before the game comes out and they give you another one when you pick up the game.

Benedict

How many has pre-ordered the game?

A quick rundown.

Webhallen.com (Sweden)
nr 8 on best-selling ps3 pre-orders

Amazon.co.uk
nr 59 on bestselling PS3 games.

Amazon.com
nr 21 on bestselling ps3 games

Blahdvd.com (UK, Europe)
nr 2 on bestselling PS3 pre-orders.

please continue filling up with other shops.

Darkpen

Banned
Kagari said:
My friend doesn't think this game is hardcore enough.
Based on what, the demo? And really, who needs moar hardcore games these days, anyways? He could always play on the higher difficulties >_>

ymmv

Banned
Benedict said:
How many has pre-ordered the game?

A quick rundown.

Webhallen.com (Sweden)
nr 8 on best-selling ps3 pre-orders

Amazon.co.uk
nr 59 on bestselling PS3 games.

Amazon.com
nr 21 on bestselling ps3 games

Blahdvd.com (UK, Europe)
nr 2 on bestselling PS3 pre-orders.

please continue filling up with other shops.

I don't see the title on thehut.com's PS3 bestseller list. That's strange since the game only costs 25.93 pound (about 33 euro including shipping) if you use the HALLOWEEN coupon. Bargain of the day.

- Edit: the game is nr 7 on their pre-order list.

Talked a co-worker into pre-ordering this. :D

He seems to really trust my taste in games...

Anywho, the demo rocks, and I'm mad that I left my artbook on the counter at GameStop today. I'll just get it when I go in tomorrow, though.

Hero

Been watching this game for a while, finally got to play the demo today. Very awesome. It's unfortunate this had to be released after Little Big Planet and right before Wrath of the Lich King. Not to mention Fall Out 3, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2...

Ugh. I'll probably bail on Fall Out 3 and Gears of War 2 for now since I don't expect a lot of replayability out of either one of those. Not like either of them need the sales either.

RpgN

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
I just got back from playing the demo a second time and I had one question about this game. How long is the game in total?

I heard it takes between 30-40 hours, a good balance in my opinion.

I do hope we will get the DLC eventually, they look really good.

KZObsessed

ymmv said:
I don't see the title on thehut.com's PS3 bestseller list. That's strange since the game only costs 25.93 pound (about 33 euro including shipping) if you use the HALLOWEEN coupon. Bargain of the day.

- Edit: the game is nr 7 on their pre-order list.

Is The Hut trust worthy? How many times have you used them? Never heard of them before... but who can say no to £26!

Pachael

In previous posts I have been quite pessimistic on VC statewide for a number of reasons, particularly the 'getting lost in a series of large releases', but I hope it becomes a bit of a sleeper hit. If it sells < 100K then it's all over :(

el Diablo

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
I just noticed the date on the OP, it should be fixed because the USA release is now 11/4/08.

No shit? Lol i never heard news of the moveup so figured it was still the 11th, was so sure of the date that i must not have noticed the date when i glanced over the OP. Good news :D

Oh and Hcoregamer00 you've been plugging this game HARD for awhile, i'm curious have you actually played the JP version or have you been waiting for the EU/US version?

ymmv

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Is The Hut trust worthy? How many times have you used them? Never heard of them before... but who can say no to £26!

I've orderedand received six games/Blu-Ray-movies from them so far. No problems.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Darkpen said:
Based on what, the demo? And really, who needs moar hardcore games these days, anyways? He could always play on the higher difficulties >_>

He didn't like the fact that you have conditions in the game, heh. He's also a tool who refuses to play MGS4, so yeah...

Hcoregamer00

Kagari said:
He didn't like the fact that you have conditions in the game, heh. He's also a tool who refuses to play MGS4, so yeah...

Doesn't he know that conditions make the game more HARDCORE

If there was no conditions and you could do whatever you want, the game would be much easier.

Tell your friend he needs to get hit with the logic stick.

Volcynika

Hcoregamer00 said:

If there was no conditions and you could do whatever you want, the game would be much easier.

Is the logic stick really heavy and blunt? I'll use it on him if so!

Quixzlizx

Farnack said:
Hehe I beat the demo level in 3 action points.

Of course, playing it properly was actually much harder.

It's more challenging to try to beat it while using as few CP as possible while eliminating all enemies and losing none of your own soldiers. I quit playing the demo after I got that total down to 11 CP, since I don't see how I can shave any more off. I'm going to be addicted to achieving S ranks.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hcoregamer00 said:

Haha, yeah I said that and then he started to cry about how it was a SRPG, but then he enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics. And then he said he would just borrow mine, but I'm not having any of that. He can buy his own copy XD

Top Bottom