• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

80497432.jpg

E-P-2?
ALMOST LIKE EP3!
EPISODE 3 CONFRIMED!

god dammit, valve. we are all so desperate at this point. just announce it and I can continue with my life.

Forkball said:
How are people decoding all this stuff so quickly?
There are people who really like math/compsci/algorithms/etc and do arcane puzzles like this as a hobby. I'd imagine at least a couple of the people involved are like that.

Forkball

theinfinityissue said:
anybody know how to get a potato on your profile from SMB, Amnesia, or Defense Grid? I wants one.

For Super Meat Boy, die 11 times in 4-19. The password is "death traps" with no quotes, but with the space.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fuck yeah got my potato living the dream man.

TheOGB

Banned
Forkball said:
For Super Meat Boy, die 11 times in 4-19. The password is "death traps" with no quotes, but with the space.
Dammit

I knew the day would come where I'd have to get past world 3 :(
Good thing this game is hella fun. BRING IT OOOONNNNNNNNN

EDIT: Meatmind

Pyrokai

So what did this whole thing end up being about? (I don't understand ARG or whatever)

I'm guessing it wasn't about HL2E3? :(

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Getting the Potato gun in Killing Floor seems impossible playing alone. I don't have anyone else to play with, so I guess there's one potato I won't have. I'm still wondering if more potatoes = better rewards, or if a certain amount of potatoes is required to get a reward.

Saty said:

Holy shit that's beautiful. That would have been worth buying a hard copy for.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Now I have the Super Meat Boy and Audiosurf potatoes. :D

Why are all the boxarts for the Xbox 360?

GABDEG

MasterShotgun said:
Getting the Potato gun in Killing Floor seems impossible playing alone.

Really? Damn. I was halfway through downloading the game for that potato only, lol. Isn't really worth the hassle of finding a MP match then..

I really love the portal eye boxart.

Anyway, I was going to go for the SMB potato but I realized that my save wasn't backed up the last time I reformatted. Fail. No more potatoes for me (unless more easy ones pop up).

Zomba13

So... Why is there only 360 box art in the Aperture login DLC files? Have they found that out yet?
Also, if you get more potatoes do they add up on your steam profile or does it just show one? I've only got the Audiosurf one so far (not played enough of AAAAaaAAAAAaaa and am gonna need a good KF group to get the Potato.

GABDEG

Zomba13 said:
So... Why is there only 360 box art in the Aperture login DLC files? Have they found that out yet?
Also, if you get more potatoes do they add up on your steam profile or does it just show one? I've only got the Audiosurf one so far (not played enough of AAAAaaAAAAAaaa and am gonna need a good KF group to get the Potato.
I've got two potatoes. (SMB & Audiosurf)
Killing Floor really seems to be impossible, even in multiplayer.

Chinner

Banned
GABDEG said:
I've got two potatoes. (SMB & Audiosurf)
Killing Floor really seems to be impossible, even in multiplayer.
defense grid seems to hard as well, because i have no idea how to play the 'dot game'.

undu

Chinner said:
defense grid seems to hard as well, because i have no idea how to play the 'dot game'.
Open two defense grids, on one let the machine move first, then open the other one choose to move first first and do the same move, look at the move the machine makes to respond and input it in the other game... do this you win in either of the games.

BY2K

Membero Americo
undu said:
Open two defense grids, on one let the machine move first, then open the other one choose to move first first and do the same move, look at the move the machine makes to respond and input it in the other game... do this you win in either of the games.

Won't do much, the Defense Grid password hasn't be found yet.

Zomba13

Got my second potato (AAAAAAAAAaaaaaa one). Only other game of the potatoe sack I have is Killing Floor. That's gonna be hard to get >.<

Top Bottom