• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Hylian7

http://www.fergusonconstruction.com/gallery/Current_Events/DSCN0566

Decided to dive into the rabbit hole myself some, and look what I found. Ferguson Construction was the logo of the company on that gate in one of the pictures. Look in the background of this one.....

DSCN0566.jpg

Baha

ATTN: Dr. Kirby, if you see this, get on steam and sign_up for the defense grid ARG ASAP.

[EDIT] That was fast, someone else qualified.

Hylian7

BY2K said:
455px-13_alpha.png

Nice catch.
I was just in the IRC, apparently the found it and have been there. The only thing was someone was sitting in a parked car watching them, but other than that nothing.

rinker

Man, someone needs to make a new video of how to solve the cogs puzzle. The one on the wiki takes way too long and I have no chance of solving it by myself =/

Jintor

#
# 17:40: Twitter-Icon.png Hubert tweets some more. Mentions Sandy's condition. Still sounds suspicious. His turn of phrase "growing attached" and his subsequent elaborating on this being a normal phrase indicate he meant it more literally than he'd hoped - perhaps trying to hide the fact that he is actually a potato, in disguise.

I fucking love this ARG

BY2K

Membero Americo
Baha said:
And now we wait...

I have the feeling the 100 recruited people will get something free for DG and it may not be directly linked to the ARG. (The whole recruitment thing, I mean, not the free thing.)

celebi23 said:
does anyone have a way to solve the "<TEST> , Bonus 1" level in Toki Tori? I've tried and really can't figure it out

Are you using the shower curtain?

Ignore the above, I thought you meant the first level.

TheOGB

Banned
Holy shit at The Ball requirement:
Portal 2 ARG Wiki said:
All at once get: 89 health, 233 distance from the ball, 26:37 minutes, 3 monkeys killed, 2 deaths, 13 monsters killed and 5 secrets.

Anyone on GAF do this?

looks like they've broken the Aperture login for Defense Grid. Once you win the dot game, it brings up the login and you enter "deadly lasers".

Of course, first you have to win the god damn motherfucking dot game.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Potato #3 acquired. I got it through BIT.TRIP.BEAT. I got it on my second try, so it wasn't too bad. I could see it being annoying for some, but it's definitely not one of the hardest potatoes to get.

So far, I've gotten potatoes from Audiosurf, Super Meat Boy, and BIT.TRIP.BEAT. I can potentially get two or three more, but I need the method for Amnesia, the password for KICK IT!, and for Killing Floor to not be almost impossible solo.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I love this ARG! It's so much more deep than any other ever done!

I still have no idea what's going on at all

TheOGB

Banned
From The Dust said:
GLaDOS deserves no sympathy. she was a killer since 1/16th of a picosecond she was activated
Well, the guys at Aperture were able to activate her with 1/10th of a second before she tried to murder them once

Probably the only time, but it still counts for something. Right?

Jubbly

brotkasten said:
This one is pretty cool.

LguS3l.jpg

But it doesn't matter how many times I see GlaDOS, I can't unsee bondage GlaDOS. ;(

Has anyone tried photo manipulation on that? On the other box art the top, below the logo is perfect, but on this there's something funky happening and the the cords appear to wrap around the back of the image on the right middle.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
BY2K said:
I hope that it is not required to get every Potatoes, cause I don't think I can.

I seriously doubt that. That would be asking too much (Steam's treasure hunt game aside). I think that all of the login screens and their passwords need to be discovered as a community, not by a single person. The files that are gotten from the logins seem to be the important part.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
This is too big, deep, and crazy to be an announcement for an early release or demo. This is a game announcement.

celebi23

Spire said:
This is too big, deep, and crazy to be an announcement for an early release or demo. This is a game announcement.

Perhaps for Half Life 2: Episode 3 / Half Life 3? Have the ARG be the initial announcement & then a full blow out at E3

Loam

I'm kind of puzzled why all of the images are Xbox game covers. I have to admit I would feel more than a little let down if the entire ARG was just to announce Steamworks on Xbox or something similar.

I also like how all of the ARG covers are leagues better than the actual game cover.

kai3345

Banned
Spire said:
lol but what if it is. valve trolls us all with a huge ARG and all it is is DOTA 2 related ro some other shit we already know/dont care about

BY2K

Membero Americo
celebi23 said:
Perhaps for Half Life 2: Episode 3 / Half Life 3? Have the ARG be the initial announcement & then a full blow out at E3

Just like last year for Portal 2. Remember the fake BSOD "Suspended until E3." message at GDC 2010?

This must be it, Valve will announce something at E3 and the ARG will give clues as to what it is.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I feel like we're entering the final stretches of the ARG. That map has to either be the big reveal or be the final clue.

Also, I don't think the concept covers being 360 boxes matters. It might have just been the standard format they used. This ARG is way too big to be an announcement for 360 Steamworks. (I'll be highly disappointed if it is.)

BY2K

Membero Americo
Last year's ARG wasn't this big and it led to Portal 2's announcement. This HAS to be a new game announcement.

Top Bottom