• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
kai3345 said:
I thought the black box was canceled?

ah checked wikipedia, nvm
Yeah, retail black box was canned, but certain video cards were already sold that were supposed to have the black box. Slips of paper don't cost to much to print though, and it is two less games then the Orange Box.

I am guessing you can only get one Potato?

Mikey Jr.

Ok, I havent followed too closely, but can someone explain what that pic clue that had a duck eating taco or some shit had to do with ANYTHING.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Mikey Jr. said:
Ok, I havent followed too closely, but can someone explain what that pic clue that had a duck eating taco or some shit had to do with ANYTHING.
The sentence was a cipher - there has been a bunch of weird sentences all popping up with 16 consonants. No clue what they're for yet

Hey I was wondering if anyone would gift me 123 Kick It, Wonderful End, or The Ball in exchange for Serious Sam HD 1. If you have Serious Sam already and want another game that is less than 20 dollars tell me and I'll buy it for you on Monday.

Forkball

The only passwords missing are Amnesia and 1 2 3 Kick It. I suspect this is because most people are too scared to play Amnesia to figure it out.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Forkball said:
The only passwords missing are Amnesia and 1 2 3 Kick It. I suspect this is because most people are too scared to play Amnesia to figure it out.

Actually, the Amnesia puzzles have given quite the trouble to our ARG detective.

Salsa

I used the prefs.dat thing on wonderful end of the world to get the potato and now i automatically got all the achievements ? where's the fun in that :(

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Given that Amnesia is probably the most complex game of the Potato pack, it doesn't surprise me that people are having trouble with it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
SalsaShark said:

The RUSH Aperture Science Login and Password were found, but only because someone forced his way in, we don't have the method yet to access it by legit means.

Forkball

Wow a lot of the new concept art and box art mockups are really interesting.

61.png

cornontheCoD

Neo Member
03.png

Edit: Yeah, I am pretty sure that Aperature is a different way of spelling it than we usually see. I don't know if it matters, but anything could be a clue at this point.

cornontheCoD said:
03.png

Edit: Yeah, I am pretty sure that Aperature is a different way of spelling it than we usually see. I don't know if it matters, but anything could be a clue at this point.

Well it is actually spelled differently on that pic, so there may be something to it - 'Aperature' at the top, and the old 'Aperture' at the bottom.

Jenga

Banned
gollumsluvslave said:
Well it is actually spelled differently on that pic, so there may be something to it - 'Aperature' at the top, and the old 'Aperture' at the bottom.
looks like 80's version of aperture

probably meant as concept art showing company history or some shit

MNC

Oh man this ARG is so fucking huge. I hope the recruiters in DG don't get anything special as someone took my spot :mad: What's the meatboy login again?

Jintor

Releasing the Concept Art and those Songs via the ARG was definitely a great idea too, definitely a tangible sense of reward. And then having more puzzles hidden inside our prizes? Goddamn Valve!

/edit I wonder why all the img files of covers are Xbox covers?

Vastag

TheOGB said:
I just tried to get the potato for BIT.TRIP BEAT and holy fuck my eyes

MY EEEYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSS

That game gives me headaches, seriously, it makes me all dizzy. No way I'm going to try to get the potato on it.

corn_fest

Vastag said:
That game gives me headaches, seriously, it makes me all dizzy. No way I'm going to try to get the potato on it.
It made me feel awful until I changed it from 50Hz to 60 in the settings. You might want to look into that if you haven't already.

Firehead

Chinner said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/sgqq03.jpg[IMG]
anyone want to set up the church of gaben?[/QUOTE]
There's already a church of GabeN. [url=http://store.steampowered.com/]Here.[/url]

Praise our savior, Gabe.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Has there been any word on some sort of possible date to an end or anything with this?

syoaran

Articalys said:
This is just insane
It feels like they're putting more effort into this ARG than some developers put into entire games

I think whats more amazing is how invested all the other developers are in this ARG. I'm very impressed at how all the individual companies all have their own role to play in this, very well planned detective piece.

Jubbly

syoaran said:
I think whats more amazing is how invested all the other developers are in this ARG. I'm very impressed at how all the individual companies all have their own role to play in this, very well planned detective piece.

Don't forget they've all made a crap load of money off this, especially Tripwire, with the two of the most expensive titles in the ARG.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MNC said:
Wah, does that say there are 13 test chambers in Portal 2? That seems... Short. Yes, the individual test chambers might be larger, but still.. Hmm... I can't shake the feeling :/

Nope, that's a reference to the 13 games in the Potato Sack.

Edit: Speaking of, I finally caved and bought the pack.

MNC

JaseC said:
Nope, that's a reference to the 13 games in the Potato Sack.

Edit: Speaking of, I finally caved and bought the pack.
D'oh, ofcourse. Excuse my ignorance; this ARG is so big even the simple things are easy to miss.

Top Bottom