• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Man up. I played through the first three worlds with a keyboard to get my potato!

I've cheated in so many games so far, go nuts with the cheating

BY2K

Membero Americo
There's a Killing Floor glyph on the shield, and the Manor achievement for killing floor is a shield, adding emphasis to the significance of this game and kf_manor.

The secret to the password is in kf_manor.

Baha

dave is ok said:
Man up. I played through the first three worlds with a keyboard to get my potato!

I've cheated in so many games so far, go nuts with the cheating

My philosophy is, as long as it's single player, you can do whatever you want. As long as that never carries over into multiplayer where it can affect other people.

ashbash159 said:
Qtykh.gif

I don't have Killing Floor, but if its maps are divided into 4 x 4 sections, it seems from that photo there's an order you have to go do stuff.

Code:
4  3   1  2
7  13  12 15
6  10  8  16
14 11  9  5

I mean, that seems pretty obviously an order of operation rather than a random distribution.

Jenga

Banned
completely off-topic, but are we getting updated mod tools with Portal 2?

I just realized how undead the HL modding community is and I've love to see a return of it :(

Jenga said:

I just realized how undead the HL modding community is and I've love to see a return of it :(
Valve has said that they were working on improving Hammer, and the steam page says we are getting editing tools, but I don't know if there is any confirmation.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jenga said:

Yep, but not at launch. An SDK update will come later though.

Zomba13

Revolutionary said:
You could always just find a complete game file online and pick 4-19.

Sure, it's cheating, but I lost my save file the last time I reformatted the computer and I would've gotten it legitimately if not for that, so yeah.. I feel like I've got good reason.
:eek: you can do that? I might get SMB on the PC now then. Only reason I haven't so far was because I didn't want to have to play through the entire game again to get to the cotton ally levels (which I never did finish on the 360).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
barnone said:
That picture reminds me of a shipping yard. Isn't that where
the borealis is? on a ship or something?

The Borealis is a ship.

Zomba13

Photo of a real life replica or DJ SKully's vinyl has been posted
R-1076568-1212601197.jpeg

I'm tempted to call but not that involved with this ARG or Killing Floor and someone has probably already done it and gotten the clue/hint if there is one.

For those not completely following this . . . anything I should be claiming? I got my TF2 Potato hat and I got my TF2 Portal 2 pin . . . anything else?

EatChildren

speculawyer said:
For those not completely following this . . . anything I should be claiming? I got my TF2 Potato hat and I got my TF2 Portal 2 pin . . . anything else?

Profile potatoes!

Zomba13

I really hope you don't need 13 potatoes to get something. I'd rather it be like the treasure hunt where the rewards were tiered. It'd suck balls if you have to get all 13, especially as I don't want some of the potato games.

Baha

speculawyer said:

Since you have all 13 games in the potato pack you can actually attempt to collect the 12 available potatoes in each game (13th one is still missing a password). Here's a list of how to access the aperture login screens for each game and the password required: http://valvearg.com/wiki/Aperture_Science_login_page#Login_Screens
We don't know what getting all 13 potatoes will do but give it a shot, we also have a couple of methods for getting the harder login screens if you have trouble.

Rapstah

I don't think there's actually a phone number set up for that, that's such an old trick. +44 is the UK country code at least.

Salsa

zombieshavebrains said:
Bit.Trip.Beat save with the levels unlocked though.

The require level is the second one and the first one's pretty easy. Play and the game and while you are at it enjoy it, it's fantastic :p

Baha said:
Since you have all 13 games in the potato pack you can actually attempt to collect the 12 available potatoes in each game (13th one is still missing a password). Here's a list of how to access the aperture login screens for each game and the password required: http://valvearg.com/wiki/Aperture_Science_login_page#Login_Screens
We don't know what getting all 13 potatoes will do but give it a shot, we also have a couple of methods for getting the harder login screens if you have trouble.

*Reads list*

Mmmm . . . pass. I regret jumping through the hoops to get the undeniably wealth hat. I think I'll let this go. Thanks.

OnPoint

SalsaShark said:
The require level is the second one and the first one's pretty easy. Play and the game and while you are at it enjoy it, it's fantastic :p

Listen to this man. It's one of my favorites -- not just of this generation, but of all time.

Rapstah

I shouldn't even try to get into this... I somehow managed to translate the phone number on that disc into coordinates for somewhere outside Gignac in France, but I so know that's not what it means at all. :lol

Fascinating reading that IRC chat.

Forkball

F5 F5 F5

I'm surprised 1 2 3 Kick It is the last one. The password is something related, just guess! Song shooter? Song scorer? Musical descent? Just try anything!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Covfan said:
Did anyone try adding the 1 to the number to make it 01467685679? That seems to be an area code in the Aberdeenshire area of the UK.

No idea. Current consensus is that it's unrelated, anyway.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rapstah said:
I shouldn't even try to get into this... I somehow managed to translate the phone number on that disc into coordinates for somewhere outside Gignac in France, but I so know that's not what it means at all. :lol

Fascinating reading that IRC chat.

Maybe it's a coordinates for the KF_manor map?

Rapstah

That number doesn't exist either, assuming the UK works in the "remove 0, add +44" if you're trying to call from it from out-of-the-country.

You're not charged for calls that don't go through, right?

OnPoint

Forkball said:
F5 F5 F5

I'm surprised 1 2 3 Kick It is the last one. The password is something related, just guess! Song shooter? Song scorer? Musical descent? Just try anything!
4 5 6 punch it

Rapstah

Zomba13 said:
Maybe has something to do with the 4x4 d20 grid?
I wonder what happens if you organise those glyphs in the order of the numbers in the 4*4 grid.

EDIT: Well that was a boring ending to the whole thing.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
SalsaShark said:
the one in 1..2..3 kick it! is fuckin hard though. Not even close to getting that score :/

There's a trick to getting it easily. They posted a save file on Kick It!'s page. Follow the instructions in the .zip, and if you do it correctly, you should hit 50,000 points in no time.

Top Bottom