• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And now all active participants in the game will be murdered one by one.

Salsa

MasterShotgun said:
There's a trick to getting it easily. They posted a save file on Kick It!'s page. Follow the instructions in the .zip, and if you do it correctly, you should hit 50,000 points in no time.

Thanks. Where are the kick it savefiles though ? i'll google it..

edit: nevermind!

Cranzor

Okay, perhaps I'm looking WAY too far into this. I probably am. I'll post it anyway.

In the bio for Hubert Uberson on twitter, it says
I collect old records. Vinyl sounds better if your ears are smart. How scome this profile can be 20 chr longer than a tweet?
Now the things above that are bolded are the parts that seem odd.
First bold - The sentence it is from is rather odd. Smart makes you think of learning or knowledge.
Second bold - Spelling mistake.
Third bold - A random abbreviation when the rest of the bio has none.

So I take out the "s" from "scome" and then took all the letters that should be in the abbreviation "chr" that aren't there. I then put them together and got "Saracte". I did a quick google search and the first link is for Denton High School (Denton, TX). Doesn't a school remind you of the part where he said "it's better if your ears are smart"? Hmm...

The only link I could find relating to Valve (or rather water shut-off valves :p) and Denton was this.
The water tower at the top of the page looked familiar but then I went back and saw the other pictures and realized it wasn't the same one.

Even though I'm 99% sure I looked too far into this, it was fun looking into it anyway.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
And that makes 6 potatoes for me. Since I'm not gonna buy any other games, that's it for me. I hope those 6 will be enough provided there is a reward.

SalsaShark said:
Thanks. Where are the kick it savefiles though ? i'll google it..

Go here. It's the file at the end of this section, right next to the bolded words.

Edit: I see you already found it.

They're working with the richestper.son clue now. but..

Soooome people think Valve may have some consequences in store since the password for that last potato was brute forced by someone. Drama.

Rapstah

theinfinityissue said:
They're working with the richestper.son clue now. but..

Soooome people think Valve may have some consequences in store since the password for that last potato was brute forced by someone. Drama.
It apparently didn't matter if it was brute forced, someone figured out where it was from like minutes afterwards anyway.

Apparently only one picture inside the archive-in-the-archive has several layers. Interesting.

21.png

Forkball

So people have all the potatoes now? I was hoping something epic would happen, like after you log in with the last one you get access to the Portal 2 demo.

neva- said:
http://valvearg.com/w/images/thumb/5/55/58.png/800px-58.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://valvearg.com/w/images/thumb/3/39/59.png/800px-59.png

after the mantis men, it wouldn't surprise me if this actually happen

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've seen stretches and that is one of them.

StuBurns

Banned
neva- said:
http://valvearg.com/w/images/thumb/5/55/58.png/800px-58.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://valvearg.com/w/images/thumb/3/39/59.png/800px-59.png
Giant roaster is watching ceiling cat masturbate. Revenge at last.

rinker

What happened to the table which had all of the methods and passwords? Is it still somewhere on the wki? I cant find it..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Majukun said:
one of the previous art showed a scientist in front of a group of giant chickens

Your avatar (when scaled down) is 51px too high. Avatars have dimension limits of 90px width by 120px height, and a size limit of 160KB.

Top Bottom