• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
It's been heavily rumored, but if Valve actually does announce Episode 3 through Portal 2 and this ARG, I will lose my shit. DO YOU HEAR ME!? SHIT WILL BE LOST!!!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Spire said:
It's been heavily rumored, but if Valve actually does announce Episode 3 through Portal 2 and this ARG, I will lose my shit. DO YOU HEAR ME!? SHIT WILL BE LOST!!!

Valve will have used a game to announce a game.

Stay classy Valve.

Oh, and I will definitely lose my shit. I'm gonna have to tackle Portal 2's single player day 1 so as to avoid any possible online spoilers.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Portal 2 was also teased with new achievements in Portal 1, so technically they used a game to announce a game that announced another game.

Raxus

Spire said:
Portal 2 was also teased with new achievements in Portal 1, so technically they used a game to announce a game that announced another game.
So meta.

Remember Portal was originally packaged with Episode two and TF2. So they bundled games together to announce a game that will announce another game.

Salsa

Raxus said:
They got you by the balls Salsa. They enjoy playing with your heart.

It feels good man, i just dont know if im ready for disappointment. It's getting tough, Valve aint gonna be safe with this forever.

Arozay

SalsaShark said:
Im so happy right now, really.

This is a wonderful day, please Valve, please, dont screw it up.
It'll be something like: Sub-Aquatic Pinball - The new pinball game from valve (preorder now and get a bathysphere hat in TF2)

Hylian7

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but there may be something on Gametrailers TV, which starts in 5 minutes on Spike TV.

cnizzle06

Banned
Despite people mocking that dude who asked it in the other thread, he pretty much confirmed you can play across pc and ps3 with the same copy.

Hylian7

Thinking about it, that would make sense. Remember who's face was in the hidden image in the "Turrets" trailer?

BY2K

Membero Americo
If I have nothing new at 2AM, I'm going to bed. >.< Man, I'm tired.

In the meantime, here's what the picture says so far:

i realize
//
//of science
//what was
//. my
//2 email
//
//early?
//you're

//the system
//in lock
//still
//access

//chambers
//still
//test
//one. I am

//going to need a
//lot more test
//subjects 2 move
//forward

//expecting
//immediate compliance

Salsa

BY2K said:
i realize
//
//of science
//what was
//. my
//2 email
//
//early?
//you're

//the system
//in lock
//still
//access

//chambers
//still
//test
//one. I am

//going to need a
//lot more test
//subjects 2 move
//forward

//expecting
//immediate compliance

OH GOD!

Someone get me up to speed. I've just started replaying Portal and i'm noticing radios hidden in each level. Is this a recent addition? I don't remember there being radios in all my other playthroughs... though the last time was over a year ago.

Goon Boon

Banned
radios noises were converted into images, something led to a bbs, then there were images of portal 2 stuff before portal 2 was announced, then portal 2 was announced, now a year later the second part of the ARG begins.

Zombie James said:
Someone get me up to speed. I've just started replaying Portal and i'm noticing radios hidden in each level. Is this a recent addition? I don't remember there being radios in all my other playthroughs... though the last time was over a year ago.
Was an update for the Portal 2 ARG last year.

Arozay

Jubbly said:
Another piece from GabeN:

25h1urr.png

Forkball

Where are you getting these pics and codes, BY2k?

Facepunch found some new pics from the Toki Tori devs that shows them reading about the ARG along with an overlay that may have more clues.

WHAT'S GOING ON

Forkball said:
Where are you getting these pics and codes, BY2k?

Facepunch found some new pics from the Toki Tori devs that shows them reading about the ARG along with an overlay that may have more clues.

WHAT'S GOING ON
Would just recommend joining one of the IRC's and lurk.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have to say, the way they've been handling the main IRC room is rather poor. There's a tendency to dispel anything that's brought up by somebody who's not an OP or isn't voiced, and whenever new information comes up that starts a frenzy of discussion the channel is muted followed by a utterly condescending comment to the effect of, "Now, have we all enjoyed time-out?"

Now I see they've permanently muted the channel. Ugh. (Yes, I know you can request voice, however this approach isn't necessary.)

Jintor

I bet it's just Portal 2 related. However, it might turn out that Portal 2 is Episode 3 related. I hope that's the case!

cornontheCoD

Neo Member
I hope this doesn't turn out like the Portal 1-Portal 2 ARG. All that hype and build up, and the reward is a portal 2 announcement by GameInformer before the internet even solved the puzzle completely. This better actually reveal something that would not have been revealed if the ARG clues weren't looked into

Top Bottom