• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Salsa

Alright so defense grid: got the Gold medal in CHAS, got the few and proud achievement, still cant get the potato from the console :/

Jubbly

SalsaShark said:
Alright so defense grid: got the Gold medal in CHAS, got the few and proud achievement, still cant get the potato from the console :/

Worked as soon as the patch was out on my end. Did you run the other two commands in the dir first before recruit? Might be worth a shot.

There's a new giant bomb @ valve video up, one you can ostensibly watch without Portal 2 spoilers since it's just a tour of their office. Not seeing anything directly relating to the ARG, but i'm not looking too hard. You do get a guided tour of Gabe's office, which has.. thousands of knives.. in it. Well that's odd.

PatzCU

Wow Ep1 updated? Shit is getting REAL. Wish I didn't have to work today so I could join the hunt. (I hope we get to find potatoes in Ep1/2)

theinfinityissue said:
There's a new giant bomb @ valve video up, one you can ostensibly watch without Portal 2 spoilers since it's just a tour of their office. Not seeing anything directly relating to the ARG, but i'm not looking too hard. You do get a guided tour of Gabe's office, which has.. thousands of knives.. in it. Well that's odd.
Doubt there will be anything in there related to the ARG. Qore had a Valve tour very recently as well and there was nothing. It's just a tour.

Zomba13

theinfinityissue said:
Awesome. Didn't want to watch their Portal 2 quick look because I want to go into that knowing as little about the game and it's puzzles as possible.

TheBez

Does anybody know how to get a PS# controller connected via USB to work? I want to play Super Meat Boy (and other games) for the ARG but I can't find a good way to work it,

Jenga

Banned
bounchfx said:
yeah that was bland as shit. they didn't show anything outside of half the lunch room.
i don't know about you but i fucking love lunch rooms

theinfinityissue said:
You do get a guided tour of Gabe's office, which has.. thousands of knives.. in it.
so gabe is dio from jojo's bizarre adventure

makes sense

theinfinityissue said:

Gabe collects knives.

f0rk

TheBez said:
Does anybody know how to get a PS# controller connected via USB to work? I want to play Super Meat Boy (and other games) for the ARG but I can't find a good way to work it,

google MotionJoy

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
TheBez said:

http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

I use this and a BlueTooth dongle to get my SixAxis working on the PC.

Blizzard

Banned
theinfinityissue said:
You do get a guided tour of Gabe's office, which has.. thousands of knives.. in it. Well that's odd.
There's always the chance that Bobby Kotick will suddenly break in and try to murder Gabe.

When that happens...Gabe will be ready.

Hylian7

MNC said:
14sf868.png

Joe Molotov

OMG now Global Agenda just updated!!! It says it has "a new low price" which I'm pretty sure is an anagram for "play this game now to get Portal 2 early"!

PatzCU

theinfinityissue said:
Just got the Ep 1 update myself. It's super small, so the question becomes is there anything ARG relevant in there? or is it just some housekeeping?

It would be VERY cruel of Valve to do housekeeping on Ep 1 during this ARG. I'm sure there are people combing over the entire game right now.

sounds like a normal update actually. i'd bite my tongue against saying it but i don't think these 40mb updates are anything more than some tweaks

despite the arg, it's most likely a legitimate coincidence

The M.O.B

I would love Valve to put up the Potato countdown anytime now..............you know the one where if we unlock 100,000 potatoes before 10PM we get Portal 2 early..............plz? :(

TheBez

Any tips for C.H.A.S? It's been a while since I've played DG and even then I did not get super far so I am unfamiliar with some of the towers/enemies.

Top Bottom