• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Palette Swap said:
Defense Grid updated. SalsaShark, you're on !

edit: finally did the Audiosurf one. Finished with 190k.
On easy, I'd say if you aren't around 100k at the ANDROID HELL part, restart.
I had around 80K when I hit Android Hell and got 190K... but then Steam conked out. ;_;
Alternatively, I had great runs during the first half that faltered towards the end. I wouldn't put too much stock in giving yourself point goals.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Is it really a secret that Portal 1 played ON the Borealis? I mean all the tubes etc during the credits looked like the inside of a ship.

this is very offtopic, but I just remembered how much people bitched when Steam was announced. It's just funny that now it is being used for such awesome things.

Des0lar said:
Is it really a secret that Portal 1 played ON the Borealis? I mean all the tubes etc during the credits looked like the inside of a ship.

untitled.jpg

Edit: Also, consider the recent comic. Rattman also gets out of the facility, and it isn't on a boat.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Mister_Bubbles said:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x188/Suvo13/untitled.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

But that is after you have been teleported OUT of the facility. You could be anywhere. Maybe it's even Aperture's personal harbor.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
TheExodu5 said:
Someone fill me in, can't see that profile from work.

You mean the SPUF thread? It's essentially a theory that GLaDOS is using the potatoes to power herself up and when we reach a certain amount, Portal 2 will unlock.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
If this is indeed the case, I'm going to need to get to work on some of those potatoes. At least the Killing Floor/Audiosurf ones.

Sibylus

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
If this is indeed the case, I'm going to need to get to work on some of those potatoes. At least the Killing Floor/Audiosurf ones.
Yeah, I was happy with my one potato, but I definitely want to get more if it means the game dropping earlier.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Zomba13 said:
Makes perfect sense to me, especially as the Portal 2 pin for playing all the potato sack games is the Resurrection Associate Pin.
Does that mean that we get Portal 2 when we reach X Potatos? If so, we need a giant Potato counter.

Also, no episode 1 update on my end. If there is an update, must be tied into having enough Potatos.

syoaran

Reno7728 said:
I just tried to launch episode 1 and it has started downloading and 220mb update!

Ran the game, no update downloaded on launch or when I closed it... Might just be an update that you hadn't caught yet? or possibly potato related... seems strange tho..

If you haven't played it in a while, sometimes it will randomly update it after you launch it or something, it's probably an old update. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'll just put this out there tho: This is literally THE oldest troll in this ARG. Every hour or two, you get somebody going OMG HL 2 IS UPDATING or EPISODE 2 UPDATING NOW, everybody freaks out and starts signing on and off of steam, then a few minutes later the person who said it will go "trolololo".

kamspy

Firehead said:
That five second song (check the wiki) in AudioSurf is easy!

I tried that and it seems to be patched out. :( Every time I load it I get a hard ass song called "This Device Has Been Tampered With".

Reno7728

Could definitely be an older update i missed, i hadn't played episode 1 for a long time.

Nothing obviously different running the game post update as well

Blizzard

Banned
kamspy said:
I tried that and it seems to be patched out. :( Every time I load it I get a hard ass song called "This Device Has Been Tampered With".
"The Device has been Modified" is the default song the first time you launch Audiosurf right now, I think. After you play it once, other songs should work as normal.

That short song only worked because they edited the tags to make it look like the song it was supposed to be (which was like 5 minutes and impossible and screamy death metal or something).

You can get a potato from the device has been modified (try playing easy pointman and getting 180,000 points), but it can be quite frustrating.

kamspy said:

Thats the current potato challenge. It loads up the first time you try and play a song.

If you just do restart when it loads, it should start the song you actually picked with the character you originally picked.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I wish I'd followed this from the start, the Wiki is just NOT helpful.

I own like 4 of the games but do not understand exactly how to get the spuds.

Cartman86

Banned
Cindres said:
I wish I'd followed this from the start, the Wiki is just NOT helpful.

I own like 4 of the games but do not understand exactly how to get the spuds.

These are the first 13 potato's you could get

Then they updated with more stuff and you can get all of these.

You perform the method and once performed a steam web browser interface will pop up asking for a username. You enter the "login password" to get the potato. There is other stuff that all this does that is related to the ARG that is confusing as fuck if you haven't been following.

Top Bottom