• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Majukun

the potato is only for players who have at least a game of the potato pack?because i've joined the grioup but no potato on my profile.

Blizzard

Banned
Jintor said:
Well, Steam went down when somebody crashed 'the bot'. That's not a bad power, though it could be coincidence.

Though the wiki seems to be saying this mass infectation/console thingy might be cover for trolls. Who knows?

Either way, more potato get!
Steam went down for some people on my friends list, not me, but I thought the Steam bot seemed relatively legitimate. I was wondering more about the one on the IRC channel.

Dwayne

Majukun said:
the potato is only for players who have at least a game of the potato pack?because i've joined the grioup but no potato on my profile.

I don't have the pack but got a potato. I own 3 games in the pack though.

MRORANGE

only has Defense Grid but got all 5 Potatoes, plus the one from joining the dinousaur group

*waits in corner until it's POTADO TIME!*

LProtag

Yeah, I don't own any of the games so I didn't get the potato. Since I have a Mac it's not really worth it to grab the pack anyway.

The M.O.B

3 Potatoes................but I forgot how I got them.

The only one that I did was Super Meat Boy and I tried Audiosurf but failed.

MRORANGE

Portal first slice? looks more like screenshots taken from portal 2- this is from the the admin of the NELIPOT group

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040523029

A32BB8BCAD6214F43FA2D6DF5D946826F1520AF8

90D8604B8835ADEC60BE6756FC2EC8BA87FF4AF7

Jubbly

Where in that passage did I ordain you to ONLY collect tuberous trophies? I should hope that you have discovered by now that the entertainment package of vegetables is a sort of 'guidebook,' but certainly not the only place to find clews. Obviously in addition to this 'guidebook' you must look elsewhere, as you have done all along.

But as you use the eyes found within the entertainment package of vegetables to look for clews elsewhere, keep in mind that clews are by nature often hard to get, and often difficult to decode. Beware of clews that simply drop into your lap.

Do not neglect the other clews that you have been led to by the light you found within the entertainment package of vegetables. Namely the chart of the major metropolis upon which you have scribbled some semblance of a word. Or perhaps you might discover some clews by closely observing the digital distribution system which SHE has so recently infiltrated. It is possible old entertainment packages may yet have relevance if SHE chooses to 'update' them. I have not enough research to know which is the correct path at this time.

Metropolis = city locations found in each game?
Updates = HL2 Ep1 update and the such?

Sounds a lot like the Episode 1 update.

Do not neglect the other clews that you have been led to by the light you found within the entertainment package of vegetables. Namely the chart of the major metropolis upon which you have scribbled some semblance of a word. Or perhaps you might discover some clews by closely observing the digital distribution system which SHE has so recently infiltrated. It is possible old entertainment packages may yet have relevance if SHE chooses to 'update' them. I have not enough research to know which is the correct path at this time.

EDIT:
3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
What. The. Fuck.

Joe Molotov said:
Show of hands, who's calling in sick tomorrow?

I'm tempted to miss work. It's only a part-time student job, but those are two hours I could spend playing Portal 2 (provided it releases.)

Jubbly

Superimposer said:
So why is clue spelled wrong? I have a feeling this isn't just about waiting for the countdown

Read the full thing, it says 'clew' is spelt correctly, meaning it's a clue to something else.

So, this was really just for an early release? No signs of EP3? Fuck. My source games won't work and I have an appointment tomorrow, can't skip this one. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Jubbly said:
Read the full thing, it says 'clew' is spelt correctly, meaning it's a clue to something else.
Clew:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/clew
1. A ball of yarn or thread.
2. Greek Mythology The ball of thread used by Theseus to find his way out of the labyrinth.
3. clews The cords by which a hammock is suspended.
4. also clue Nautical
a. One of the two lower corners of a square sail.
b. The lower aft corner of a fore-and-aft sail.
c. A metal loop attached to the lower corner of a sail.
tr.v. clewed, clew·ing, clews
1. To roll or coil into a ball.
2. also clue Nautical To raise the lower corners of (a square sail) by means of clew lines. Used with up.

Jesus christ, I'm breeding aliens in a text game inside a tower defense game, I'm joining steam groups and collecting potatoes, I'm watching countdowns and sitting here in the gathering dark, I can't help but believe this is a preview of the slow slide into dementia i'll be experiencing in my old age.

ultron87

Okay, so it seems that to get the slowed down audio track I mentioned in Portal at the top of the page you have to play the game from the beginning.

Cause I just did it from quick saves and didn't hear anything. I know I'm not crazy here.

brotkasten said:
So, this was really just for an early release? No signs of EP3? Fuck. My source games won't work and I have an appointment tomorrow, can't skip this one. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Things in the game itself still may relate to HL3/EP3. So it may not be over yet.

Top Bottom