• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Doopliss

TheBez said:
Any tips for C.H.A.S? It's been a while since I've played DG and even then I did not get super far so I am unfamiliar with some of the towers/enemies.
I found this video helpful.

Basically:
- 4 guns in the corners of the square in the top left
- between them put the slowing tower and a laser (leave a path through the middle)
- after a few turns put a row of guns next to the bridge
- a slowing tower in the middle of that open area
- a couple of the exploding area of effect towers in that same area
- more guns
- obviously upgrade the towers to their third rank as you are able to

Oh well, I guess I was beaten to it :(

classicdms

Neo Member
petethepanda said:
14:49: Karniel posts some binary code in chat, translated means "JACOB IS WRONG JACOB IS WRONG JACOB IS WRONG"
Karniel is starting to sound like a Lost character. I still think the chats are suspect as hell, but if it means HL3 news . . .

Baha

Mister_Bubbles said:
L3HEP .... --> HL EP3

Boom.

;)

Those are E's. They've zoomed in and made text only versions already. You have no idea how insufferable the main irc channel is atm with people posting HL3 theories while people are trying to solve the current puzzles.

For those who are still trying for the Defense Grid levels, you can rewind waves using backspace. It's great for fixing any mistakes or making any alterations.

petethepanda said:
14:49: Karniel posts some binary code in chat, translated means "JACOB IS WRONG JACOB IS WRONG JACOB IS WRONG"

Jacob made this image
5kLV8.png

Then Karniel posted that he's wrong

I'll stop at 28. I've done my share for the community. All will be well.

I hadn't played Amnesia before, I've tried it for 5 minutes and there's no fucking way in hell I play this now. I finally get what the fuss was all about.

Zerokku said:
You have a friend who works for valve/direct relative/previous winner of one of their valve games for life thing?
considering that i fall into one of these categories and can't get my mitts on the game yet, i'm going to listen to MNC for this one

edit: Jubbly saves the day

Zomba13

Mr. Spinnington said:
oE1xw.jpg

i want an explanation. now
Steam game ID editing to troll people.
At least I hope so.

Anyway, seems like the 'bot' wants us to get back to work, and we should ignore him. Work is probably gathering potatoes from the potato sack games. There seems to be a deadline of the 15th, tomorrow, or at least that's what people think. People with the sack games get to work on getting them spuds.
These first: http://valvearg.com/wiki/Prelude_Login_Screens
Then these: http://valvearg.com/wiki/Aperture_Science_Login_Screens

Salsa

im at 34 tates

that the final number ? or is there any hint at more in any of the games ? considering Defense Grid alone has 5..

Havent been following today, kinda busy

edit:

pablitmon: how come you were playing portal 2 ? :O
Magical Golden Rotund Panda: I wasn't
pablitmon: you did the txt file thing ?
Magical Golden Rotund Panda: AppId change
Magical Golden Rotund Panda: Yes

lolol

Blizzard

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Steam game ID editing to troll people.
At least I hope so.

Anyway, seems like the 'bot' wants us to get back to work, and we should ignore him. Work is probably gathering potatoes from the potato sack games. There seems to be a deadline of the 15th, tomorrow, or at least that's what people think. People with the sack games get to work on getting them spuds.
I imagine this has been brought up in IRC, but is there any definitive reason to believe the IRC/chat "bot" is actually Valve-controlled and not just some random ARG person making stuff up?

Firehead

SalsaShark said:
im at 34 tates

that the final number ? or is there any hint at more in any of the games ? considering Defense Grid alone has 5..

Havent been following today, kinda busy

edit:

pablitmon: how come you were playing portal 2 ? :O
Magical Golden Rotund Panda: I wasn't
pablitmon: you did the txt file thing ?
Magical Golden Rotund Panda: AppId change
Magical Golden Rotund Panda: Yes

lolol
Heh.. I didn't think it'd really work! I did enjoy playing 1... 2... 3... Kick It, though.

Zomba13

Blizzard said:
I imagine this has been brought up in IRC, but is there any definitive reason to believe the IRC/chat "bot" is actually Valve-controlled and not just some random ARG person making stuff up?
I think there is proof but I can't remember what it is.

PatzCU

I got the easy Amnesia potato and will probably get the very easy 2 Killing Floor potatoes, but that's all I have to offer the Great Spud Collect-athon. Crossing my fingers for Portal 2 early release tomorrow!

Salsa

Alright i just saw the
potato shaped
(not really a spoiler) achievement in the Portal 2 steam page by mistake, and im starting to lean torwards the whole theory that this ARG conists uf us using potatoes for energy to bring GLaDOS back into function. The whole "GET POTATOES!" thing in the ARG would also fit since GLaDOS is supposedly taking over the wiki.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can only get one more potato, the Amnesia one, but I cant do it until I get back from work.

God speed, taterlings.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
I'll try and get The Wonderful End of the World taters in a little bit, but after A+ the first few levels, I cant muster anything higher than a B+ on the two potato levels.

Salsa

brotkasten said:
Hey guys, you know what would be funny? If all Source Engine games would have glitches or artifacts. I mean, so close before Portal 2 comes out? Yeah, that would be funny ...

d1CYn.jpg

KkAvW.jpg

1dPon.jpg

I'm still laughing.

Shit just got real ?

Jintor

Blizzard said:

Well, Steam went down when somebody crashed 'the bot'. That's not a bad power, though it could be coincidence.

Though the wiki seems to be saying this mass infectation/console thingy might be cover for trolls. Who knows?

Either way, more potato get!

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
How do i actually check how many potatoes I have? Because I clicked on my profile expecting to see one there from joining nelipot... but no...

Top Bottom