• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

corn_fest

Stitch said:
is it easy to get the potato in amnesia?

don't want to be scared to death without getting a potato for it.
Fairly easy, yes. There are several walkthroughs, and if you're a real pussy (like me) there's a way to remove the monsters entirely.

Unless you mean the first potato, which is really easy. You don't even need to play the game.

Red

Nabs said:
The first one is as easy as making a new profile. The second one requires you actually play the DLC. You'll be scared, but you'll live.
Unless you die, and need to restart from the beginning.

It's only about a half hour long though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nabs said:
The first one is as easy as making a new profile. The second one requires you actually play the DLC. You'll be scared, but you'll live.

Sudden, unexpected noises scare the shit out of me. They always have. I'm dreading the second Amnesia potato later today.

Is the Justine DLC more or less self-contained? I've never played Amnesia.

speculawyer said:
I tried to do the new Aaaaaaa level . . . holy crap. way too hard.
What everyone else said, it took me about 30 minutes to get it, but it's not too bad. You can thread the needle at the start by heading right, and just avoid all the speed boosts.

TheExodu5

Banned
Amnesia isn't a game about sudden unexpected noises. It doesn't have cheap scares. It's more the psychological horror that gets you.

Stitch

Gold Member
i already got the one for making the new profile. :D alright. gonna turn all the lights on and try to play it

Zomba13

TheExodu5 said:
Amnesia isn't a game about sudden unexpected noises. It doesn't have cheap scares. It's more the psychological horror that gets you.
This. The only cheap scare I've found was opening a cupboard in the main game and having a skull fall out >.<~

EDIT: Also, the Dejobaan games aren't shit, just of a different taste. Kick It isn't ready yet so isn't too good (especially as almost all songs I play end up being the same after a minute).
AAAaaaa!!! is really good once you get used to it and has really weird humour and TWEOTW is just Katamari on PC and has a great soundtrack.

JaseC

TheExodu5 said:

If I turn around and there's a monstrous creature in my face, I will cry.

If my lantern fades and I get attacked out of nowhere, I will cry.

If I'm plodding along and I suddenly hear a horrible creature noise, I will cry.

Basically, I'll load up the game and the main menu will scare me.

Edit: Kick It! has to be no more than a single pixel away from completion.

Narag

JaseC said:

If I'm plodding along and I suddenly hear a horrible creature noise, I will cry.

Code:
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue

Red

Lostconfused said:
I thought aaaaaaaa was good, do people hate it for some reason or something?
I liked Aaaaaa, and I think 1 2 3 is a decent rhythm game. WEotW is the only one I'm not a big fan of. It's okay, but it's such a shameless rip off of Katamari.

JaseC said:

The dlc is self contained, just watch a walkthrough first if you want, the entire thing is scripted. You will maybe still cry though.

JaseC

Prophet Steve said:
The dlc is self contained, just watch a walkthrough first if you want, the entire thing is scripted. You will maybe still cry though.

I'll be using a walkthrough to help me with the potato. Chances are I won't want to play it a second time, and I mean that in a good way.

Zomba13

This is why I believe the only thing that matters is playing the games to increase the big bar at the top, and not to lower the timer.

Red

Well it was 50 minutes last time. Maybe once we work down to 10 minutes we'll only need one more game to unlock it?

Zomba13 said:
This is why I believe the only thing that matters is playing the games to increase the big bar at the top, and not to lower the timer.
Right except that bar filled about a third in 27 hours? I think id rather enjoy my weekend and play some games that I actually want to play.

Fox318

MRORANGE said:
1... 2... 3... KICK IT! COMPUTATION COMPLETE!!!
I know what I'm doing now.
HplYk.png

Blizzard

Banned
Blizzard said:
I'm saying there's a 79% chance of the official recalculated timer going down an additional 2 hours or less, compared to the 50 minutes for end of the world.

Even at the current rate of "easiest game bar finished in 12 hours", I am predicting it only knocks off 1-2 hours for each easy game max, until harder games like killing floor come into play. And consider killing floor has an estimated arrival time of some 74 hours, I don't think it will help, lol.
Zombie James said:
Another 40 minutes subtracted... :/
Looks like I was right! Again, I think a game like Killing Floor, Amnesia, Defense Grid, or maybe even Audiosurf would need finished to provide any sort of noticeable timer rediction, since their individual bars have so many "computations".

MRORANGE said:
it would be more wiser to play RUSH, since you need less computational power to fill that one up quicker.
Why do you spend your time to just knock off another hour or so? :/ Unless there's any proof of some sort of rate change.

Crunched said:
I liked Aaaaaa, and I think 1 2 3 is a decent rhythm game. WEotW is the only one I'm not a big fan of. It's okay, but it's such a shameless rip off of Katamari.
But it is nice to be able to have a little Katamari clone on the PC. For $9.99 it is not worth it . . . but for $5 . . . not a bad little short Katamari game. I got my enjoyment out of it.

The pack is great.

Amnesia . . . great little thriller
Super Meat Boy . . . very highly like platformer
Killing FLoor . . . a good FPS zombie shooter
Toki Tori . . . fun little inexpensive puzzler
Defense Grid . . . a great tower defense game

If you didn't have any of the games, it was a GREAT buy. Even if you had several of the games, it was a good buy. I had all but 2 of the games and still bought it anyway since they did the awesome thing of allowing you to give away extra copies. I gave away most of my extra copies already, some trades, some random gifts, etc.

I think the Potato pack was cool.

But the whole ARG thing . . . it has gone on for too long, too many potatoes, and many of them are just damn hard to get.

And being an energy geek, I don't like the thought of thousands of computers just idling in order to get some company to release a game a few hours early . . . that is pretty fucking lame.

IceMarker

JaseC said:
I'll be leaving Audiosurf, Cogs, Killing Floor and Toki Tori running while I sleep.
It's been confirmed that only 1 game is registered to being played at a time on Steam Stats/GLaDOS@Home. Whatever game is shown as you 'in-game' is it.

epmode

I have a feeling that Valve would rather the game launch on a workday and paced the bars accordingly.

I still love Valve and all but this is just a terrible ending to an otherwise brilliant ARG.

JaseC

MrMister said:
It's been confirmed that only 1 game is registered to being played at a time on Steam Stats/GLaDOS@Home. Whatever game is shown as you 'in-game' is it.

I think I knew that, actually. Since Cogs seems to be one to go to following AaaaAAaAaaaaaaaaaaaAa I'll leave that running.

Top Bottom