• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

addik

"Well you know, if you want to do some Cardio, you'd need to have a heart."

God, that burn. That line was perfectly written and delivered.

The season has been amazing. Honestly, I can see Selina winning in Season 3—but that would mean the end of the show. I can actually see them ending this next season, but then again, isn't the show quite popular? If it is, it would be probably see a fourth season at least.

God, I need Season 3 now.

--Edit: I actually tweeted that a couple of hours ago. The first five minutes 3 people already retweeted it and I know they don't watch Veep. That's how potent that line is.

I liked the "3 Fucks, you're out" moment
lIVBxVX.gif

But my favorite one was watching Selina bursting with joy after learning about the end of POTUS' future. I also liked Dan's glimpse of sincerity: “If I had a dollar for every time you mention the goddamn war, I would buy a tank and I would blow your fat fucking head off.”
PEgGVS9.gif

It was a great ending for the season and I'm very excited for Selina's future.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I really love Chang. Season 2 was pretty good, but season 3 should be amazing.

I think you mean Chung.

It's funny how he apparently did do something truly heroic, but he's still a total douchebag with how he exploits it to the max. He's really quite despicable. Just want to punch him in the face.

Greg

What a fantastic season, and the finale was one of the best of the bunch. Really impressed with the jump from S1 to S2.

Clevinger

By the way, it's complete bullshit that Kumail Nanjiani was only in one episode. And pretty much one scene at that.

He was awesome.

Wow, what a great season finale, one of the best episodes yet and the perfect capper to a terrific season. I love this show, hope it runs and runs and runs.

They should totally copy the west wing and do a live debate episode during the campaign.

I think this is my favorite show currently running on HBO. Its just so damn on point.

Dany

Banned
I wonder if they'll ever cast the president.

Fanatstic finale, slow start but it had me laughing when it reached the end.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Now that Veep is over, y'all should catch up on Family Tree. Keep in mind that it's very different from Veep and the first episode is kind of slow and bland, but it definitely improves as it progresses. I find it a highly amusing and often very uncomfortable experience. :D

Now that Veep is over, y'all should catch up on Family Tree. Keep in mind that it's very different from Veep and the first episode is kind of slow and bland, but it definitely improves as it progresses. I find it a highly amusing and often very uncomfortable experience. :D

Definitely very dry humor, so people gotta like that brand of humor, but I love Family Tree.

Eh, the most recent episode of Family Tree is the first one I didn't pretty much hate. It's a weak show so far.

Vyer

I fell behind and am catching up but I just had to say that this Helsinki episode is absolutely hilarious.

He looks like a Disney villain!

Edit: strike that, it is absolutely fucking amazing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Definitely very dry humor, so people gotta like that brand of humor, but I love Family Tree.

It's definitely a very specific type of humor. I would encourage anyone who is a fan of Christopher Guest's previous works to give it a shot.

Eh, the most recent episode of Family Tree is the first one I didn't pretty much hate. It's a weak show so far.

Really? I thought the show really found itself in episode 3. I've really enjoyed the last four episodes.

Yuss! Finally!

"You know what I am now? I'm ice calm, that's what I am now."

"Ice calm's not a phrase."

"Well, up yours."

lol

Really? I thought the show really found itself in episode 3. I've really enjoyed the last four episodes.

Episode 4 of Family Tree literally put me to sleep and that almost never happens when I watch TV. Since I really enjoyed the fifth one I hope that the series is on the upswing. I can't get too upset at it though, I'm saving all my hate for season two of The Newsroom.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Episode 4 of Family Tree literally put me to sleep and that almost never happens when I watch TV. Since I really enjoyed the fifth one I hope that the series is on the upswing. I can't get too upset at it though, I'm saving all my hate for season two of The Newsroom.

Are you a fan of that sort of humor though? I mean, it's definitely not for everyone, but I think fans of that style of comedy would really get a kick out of it. Anyway, back to Veep!

iItWyt5Xn8xMf.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've been a week behind every episode this season and finally just saw last episode, it was the finale? :(

What a fantastic episode, "I want to break his spine, but I can't because it's made of jello."

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ed frantically trying to make himself less appealing to Amy's sudden dreams of domestic bliss was hilarious.

JDSN

Banned
I dont know who decided to increase physical comedy into the season but it really did wonders to the show. Furlong is really the meanest chracter of the show.

Edit: Dat black dress on JLD ugghhhh

- Grantland's Hollywood Prospectus Podcast: Veep Creator Armando Iannucci
Armando Iannucci is a gentleman and a scholar: The Glasgow native studied at Oxford and was well into a PhD on the work of John Milton before chucking it all to pursue a life in comedy. It was in this second career, surrounded by the hilarious likes of Chris Morris and Steve Coogan, that Iannucci found his true calling as a master satirist and the poet laureate of profanity. On the brilliant BBC series The Thick of It (all four seasons are currently available on Hulu) and the related 2009 film In the Loop, Iannucci skewered the vicious mundanity of U.K. politics with a keen eye and impossibly clever, origami-like folds of swearing that would make a longshoreman blush like a schoolgirl.

Now Iannucci's rewaging the War of 1812 with Veep, an HBO sitcom that finished a phenomenal second season last month. Starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep satirizes Washington with a brilliantly arch perspective and even more brilliant put-downs. It is, without question, one of the funniest and smartest shows on TV. Iannucci was nice enough to phone in from his home outside London late last week to discuss comedy (including his role in the upcoming film Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa), what he learned at the Pentagon, and his experience directing the late James Gandolfini. Sadly, he didn't curse once.

addik

:( Thought it was worth a bump for the long article.

Trailer will probably show up early next year. They're filming right now.

Well if you want a short preview on what's gonna happen next season

(MAJOR SPOILERS)
The cast has been tweeting photos of themselves in costume in London. So we might be heading to London for an episode or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom