• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Oh wow, somehow I forgot there were 10 episodes this season. Thought it was going to end with GoT. Loving the extra Catherine scenes, and Gary was killing it too.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Paraphrasing:

It's like everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong.
You got go big.

-Should I just show them my cooch?

--Are you all ready?

-Do you think he heard that?

It was a great episode. I liked the part where Jonah enters the VEEP's house and then hugs Catherine for a long time. My favorite scene of the episode was Selina's tour. I also liked these moments:
JGN0mcs.gif

EqxdMDY.gif

q7LDzZ4.gif

Dany

Banned
Oh yeah. I marathoned this show last weekend. It is god damn hilarious. MY favorite character has the Sue, she's just no bullshit, all the time.

Bear

Was this the last episode? Crap. I want more!

Nope, there are two more.

I haven't seen the newest episode since I had a flight scheduled that night, but I'm looking forward to it. Season 2 has been great so far, I enjoyed the first season but it took a while to find its footing. It was an interesting idea with some very funny scenes, but it desperately needed the consistency and better writing delivered in the second season.

I thought as much back when I finished the first season, and I'm glad the season 2 fixed pretty much everything that was holding it back.

Guevara

I don't know about the most recent episode. It was a little too awkward-funny to be enjoyable in my opinion.

But I did like the "cooch" line.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was shocked at the screaming between Amy and the show dude, I actually felt like punching him at that moment too, lol.

I don't know about the most recent episode. It was a little too awkward-funny to be enjoyable in my opinion.

But I did like the "cooch" line.
Same here. Still enjoyed it and it had good writing as always, but the awkward was too continuous and thick for me in this one while during most episodes the awkwardness is more balanced with the necessary breathing room.

KingKong

The last two episodes haven't been very good to me. I'm starting to sour on this season a little bit.

it just feels like there's no overall theme or plot to the season and having almost the entire episode revolve around the same small cast of characters is weak. Helsinki was the last episode I really liked

- Alyssa Rosenberg Interview: ‘Veep’ Creator Armando Iannucci On Dick Cheney, Being In Your Twenties In DC, And HBO Sitcoms
In the second season of Veep, Armando Iannucci’s caustic comedy about the woman who occupies the second-highest office in the land (though if you ask Kent, the President’s chief of staff, that should make her half as tall as the president), something happened. Selina Meyer (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) got good at her job, or at least as good as a secretive President, a depressed staff, a daughter in college, and a sexually magnetic weasel of an ex-husband would let her be. And in tandem, Veep got wiser about the awkwardnesses of foreign travel, what it’s like to be climbing the Washington career ladder in your twenties, and how hard it is for people in public life to date.

I sat down with Iannucci to talk about why Selina did a Leslie Knope in her second season, what made Dick Cheney the most powerful vice president, and what makes HBO sitcoms different from their network counterparts. This interview has been edited for clarity and length.

royalan

This is a really good episode.

Fucking hilarious and surprisingly plot-driven.

This show just manages to maintain such a high level.

ezekial45

Banned
The second season has been pretty stellar. I liked the first season, but the Television Interview episode alone trumps everything they did last year.

Drugged up Selina was amazing.

"I bet he doesn't even have a cum face"

"Kent, he'll still be here though"

I fucking loved how in her version of a nuke hitting D.C., without hesitation she knows in her mind that Kent somehow survives. Perfect.

I have like a hundred lines I want to post in this thread after each episode, but I forget them all because this show is just so dialogue dense.

--------------------

"Ugh, this zipper is like a cheese grater on my dick!"

"Defcon: fuck"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom