• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
tumblr_ml9fb866zM1s7gnr1o1_400.gif

tumblr_ml9f9msSAD1s7gnr1o1_400.gif

omg, this was amazing.

also, amy's burn on her sister had me rolling.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
is it difficult to separate the different personalities and quirks of Elaine, Christine, and Selina?

No, it's not because I don't think about it. They're so completely different as characters that I don't approach my work as Selina thinking about how to keep the other characters away - I'm just thinking about Selina. Ultimately there is some crossover, for instance we all kind of look alike.

KuGsj.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Going to have to catch this show on the Monday repeats. Really liked the premiere though, most quotable show on TV right now.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Marathoned all of s1 recently when I had a free HBO weekend.

Why did I not realize Amy was really Vada from 'My Girl' in disguise.

I totally missed the mashed-up stump speech about Selina's HIV-positive kidney-less firefighter grandpa on the first watch. Or at least I didn't realize what they were trying to do with it.

God, Armando is so brilliant.

Oh and Mike with his fucking boat... I hope that shit pops up again. This show feels like a live action Archer at times.

"As much as the vice president enjoys the company of stale pastries and pleasant conversation..."

"Does this feel like a sinking ship..." cue snickers from press. I was rolling.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Who came up with that incredibly shitty name?"

"That would be me ma'am."
KuGsj.gif

"I wouldn't presume they took turns."
KuGsj.gif

Edit- God I love Jonah.

Edit- And Gary. <3

Edit 2- And Dan.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Another great episode. Season 2 is off to a great start.

"Jonah, Jonah, calm down. It's a plane with a logo; it's not Space Mountain. What the hell do you do on Air Force 1, rub your dick on the seats?"

lol

Empty

someone here commented about the increase in physical comedy last week and the pilates and jonah covering the pig were pretty great this time.

also i noticed that the episode was directed by chris addison <3 he did a pretty great job.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Selina talking up at Jonah in that wide shot will never not be funny lol

That and mike wearing the iPad over his face when the daughter was on face time. So good.

"Youre about as annoying as a condom filled with fire ants".

"Shut up you fat girl".

That senator is brutal

GusBus

This episode was fantastic. Julia L.D is just terrific, and I love how ridiculous things got. The pork roast, the signals, pilates, Rahim, everything just brought the laughs. By far, the funniest show on television atm.

kingocfs

I loved the fucking bowl of snacks on Air Force 2, it was like something you'd see in a teacher's lounge the day after Halloween. Great ep

I liked how Selina was talking to the people Look at you! A grown woman with cotton candy…. Oh, gosh, that looks like finger-licking fun. and when she was talking about them: “They want me to go to a pig roast to meet a bunch of men who probably took turns to fuck the pig before they roasted it?” Amy: “I wouldn’t presume they took turns.”
The De-pork the visual crisis “We really need a bulkier man in this situation.” and the pilates workout were pretty funny moments. Also, Mike's "Like your mother it's been previously loved and paid for by a couple of guys." and the fire ant filled quote were amazing as well.

Ekdrm2d1

Andrex,
Thanks for the gifs!

Loved the moment she walked onto Air Force 2 and made that disgust sound to Jonah.

Possibly within seconds of the below gif
tumblr_mln650CeZv1qbvorwo6_250.gif

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hilarious episode, laughed out loud at many lines. Season 2 is off to a great start.

Vert boil

The Veep peep have been doing a few podcasts recently.

Tony Hale, Matt Walsh, Reid Scott and Nelson Franklin were on Doug Loves Movies.
http://dlm.libsyn.com/tony-hale-matt-walsh-reid-scott-and-nelson-franklin

Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Armando Iannucci were on Bullseye with Jesse Thorn.
http://www.maximumfun.org/bullseye/...ia-louis-dreyfus-armando-iannucci-billy-bragg
We’re talking Veep this week with the HBO comedy’s showrunner, Armando Iannucci, and its star, Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Iannucci talks about geeking out on American and British politics and recreating them on-screen. Then, Louis-Dreyfus talks about her days on Seinfeld and her favorite dirty phrase from Veep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom