• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You guys are crazy, I'm re-watching the first season now and the Chung episode is so fucking good.

Peru

I think people just need time to adjust to the show and the characters. Go back and watch season 1 and I'll guarantee a good time.

Although season 2 has upped it to even greater heights. Ep 2 my favorite, 3 also great. Loved seeing Sue utilized more.

anaron

Season 1 was certainly solid and good; but 2 is being reinforced with better chemistry, tighter scripts and a stronger overarching story, which are all ingredients towards making it great

Peru

HBO had a good Sunday night. Not only did the cable station’s flagship series Game Of Thrones break another viewership record, but also its political satire Veep pulled in the largest audience of its second season. A series-high 5.3 million watched Game Of Thrones in its first run at 9 PM, marking the third week in a row the third season of the fantasy drama hit a new record. On April 21, the show drew 4.9 million viewers. The series debuted its latest season March 31 with 4.4 million viewers. Overall, Game Of Thrones was seen by 6.7 million over all its plays Sunday night. Airing at 10 PM, the Julia Louis-Dreyfus starrer Veep garnered 1.3 million viewers, up from 1.1 million on April 21 and 1.2 million for the season debut April 14.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/hbos-game-of-thrones-veep-hit-new-highs/

Good to see the ratings tick up slightly. I'm curious how many people are time shifting it away from Sunday night since I know a lot of GAF does that. I hope it's catching on with more people as the show's on fire at the moment.

JDSN

Banned
That moment when she guessed Clay Davis's question right it was the most cathartic moment of the show, his fading grin was priceless.

Televisionary said:
From HBO: #VEEP renewed for a third season, ten episodes on tap for 2014.

EDIT:
HBO Press Release:
HBO RENEWS VEEP FOR THIRD SEASON

LOS ANGELES, May 1, 2013 – HBO has renewed the comedy series VEEP for a ten-episode third season, scheduled for 2014.

Created by Armando Iannucci (Oscar® nominee for co-writing “In the Loop”), the show stars Emmy®-winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Vice President of the United States Selina Meyer. The Emmy®-nominated show kicked off its ten-episode second season Sunday, April 14 (10:00-10:30 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, with other episodes debuting subsequent Sundays at the same time.

The ensemble cast of the show also includes Tony Hale as Gary, Vice President Meyer’s right-hand man; Anna Chlumsky as Amy, her chief of staff; Reid Scott as Dan, an ambitious political aide; Matt Walsh as Mike, Vice President Meyer’s weathered spokesperson; Timothy C. Simons as Jonah, an enterprising but annoying White House liaison; Sufe Bradshaw as Sue, Vice President Meyer’s executive assistant; and Kevin Dunn as Ben, the president’s chief of staff.

Among the early critical praise for the second season, the Washington Post called VEEP “wickedly delicious,” while the Baltimore Sun hailed the show’s “savvy satire.” The Wall Street Journal termed the show “exquisitely profane,” and Newsday said VEEP “is a winner.”

For more on the series, visit Facebook.com/Veep and twitter.com @HBO #Veep.

Season two credits: Armando Iannucci executive produces VEEP along with Christopher Godsick and Frank Rich; co-executive producers, Simon Blackwell and Tony Roche; producers, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Stephanie Laing.

Tucah

you speak so well
Great news. Season 1 was good but this season the show really found its groove and is on fire so far.

4p3FidC.gif

Bladenic

Anyone else really like that Selena got visibly upset over that man losing his legs? I thought it was a nice humanizing moment amidst all the insanity and laughter.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fuck I already love the premise for the next episode.
KuGsj.gif

Holy god, JLD on Conan is pure sex... jeeze louise.

New episode tonight:
The Vic Allen Dinner

Selina is annoyed when the White House releases an unflattering photo of her; Mike and Kent bond; Jonah gets an executive parking space; Sue has a job interview; Selina tries to keep her staff happy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
LOL at the Jonah stalking part.

The interactions between Kent and Selina are GOLD.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aww, I felt bad for Jonah but that was still hilarious.

Jonah playing 3DS XL on the preview!

Bladenic

I DIED during the meme part, especially the photoshopped pictures.

"I hope I don't have a cat, because believe me that poor fucker is dead."

This season is like topping itself every week.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Amy might be my favorite character this episode. Actually looking out for coworkers and completely on the ball the whole time. This whole season Amy has been God-tier, while my previous-favorite Gary has crossed the line into annoying a few times.

I also love the banter Mike and Dan have started having.

Also, Jonah is my 3DS XL playing homeboy. You can see he was just sitting down to play it when Dan and Mike barged in.
KuGsj.gif

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Jolly Jizz Giant and "He should be on suicide watch . . . So that he goes through with it" were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom