• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegan community thread - Give Peas a Chance

If you need a ton of unprocessed protein, try some edamame. I had a big bowl the other day (around 500g) which netted me 54g protein, 50g carb, 26g fat, not to mention a fuckload of iron, a bunch of zinc and calcium as well as lots of omega 3, all for 600kcal. Edamame is awesome.

Although I wouldn't worry too much about how many carbs your eating. Focus on eating good, whole, healthy foods instead.

I hadn't thought of edamame, thanks for the suggestion.

Most bodybuilding / body recomposition programs have fairly balanced macros, that's why I'm interested. Getting 90% of my calories from carbs simply does not fit into any of these programs. I'm skinny but not very lean and I'm not real cool with that.

yonder

I hadn't thought of edamame, thanks for the suggestion.

Most bodybuilding / body recomposition programs have fairly balanced macros, that's why I'm interested. Getting 90% of my calories from carbs simply does not fit into any of these programs. I'm skinny but not very lean and I'm not real cool with that.
I totally understand. There are always alternatives to these programs, however. I doubt that a certain macronutrient ratio is the only way of successfully doing a body recomposition. I'd recommend googling vegan bodybuilding and checking out what those people do.

Personally, I've started doing calisthenics and just eating a sensible whole-foods vegan diet and I'm getting leaner and stronger every week without following any particular plan, although depending on the look you're after this might not be for you. Good luck!

Nezumi

Just finished making my first batch of vegan protein bars consisting of almonds (ground and butter), pea protein, dates, hemp seed, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, chia seed, goji berries, spirulina powder and cacao (nibs and powder). I flavored it with vanilla extract and chai spices.
I'm really happy with the taste but I think I next time I need to add more dates or other dried fruit to make then stick together a bit better. When I tried to roll the dough it would tear every time so I ended up forming each individual bar by hand which was kind of a pain in the ass. But hey, healthy and tasty after workout snack, done!

did you guys see this?

bacon made from marinated rice paper that is stacked and the fired or baked or microwaved.

5SAu0X7.jpg

http://imgur.com/5SAu0X7

Famassu

Seems easy enough. Will see if I can find some rice paper tomorrow and try that at some point. Was never a big fan of bacon when I ate meat. Some vegan alternatives have been better but still not all that much to my taste. Nevertheless, always nice to find new alternatives to eat as meat-y things in food.

Daigoro

Not my picture. I just came back from Costco and these taste AMEEEEEEZ1NG!!11. Throw on top of jasmine rice or mix with canned beans and you're done. I could drink one bottle alone.

20140427-3.jpg

oh yeah. salsa rice and beans. awesome quick and easy meal that tastes great.

i love naked pea protein. and i mix it with some nesquik.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0645/6465/products/Pea_Nutrition.jpg?v=1460145746[/IMG[/QUOTE]

no chance nesquick is vegan. you found a generic one that is accidentally vegan or something?

Kinokou

I'm probably asking for a quick fix, but is there any Website/app where you can enter in some food with little hassle (no user registration required is prefered) and get a quick output of the nutrition (and potential lack of nutrients highlighted)? On all the sites I have looked at so far I have to check food items/ingredients one at time, while I would just like to get a quick idea and I'm simply a bit too lazy to do comparisons manually.

I'm probably asking for a quick fix, but is there any Website/app where you can enter in some food with little hassle (no user registration required is prefered) and get a quick output of the nutrition (and potential lack of nutrients highlighted)? On all the sites I have looked at so far I have to check food items/ingredients one at time, while I would just like to get a quick idea and I'm simply a bit too lazy to do comparisons manually.

I usually use
http://www.whfoods.com/

Interesting Opinion Piece on the Guardian, while not about veganism I'm sure we can all relate to the difficulties faced when leaving the home kitchen.
I have resigned to eating vegetarian more than once since becoming vegan, but I do shudder at the thought of eating meat.

Famassu

Just bought rice papers. Tomorrow is Vappu in Finland and we're going to have a barbecue party to start off the day. We'll see how well these rice paper bacons do on a grill...

Famassu

Pretty excited about a new upcoming Finnish product that could be translated as "pulled oat" that has been getting some pretty good media attention for this whole year as something that the people & marketing/finance powers behind want to become BIG (apparently some initial talks about spreading this outside Finland have been had with parties all over Earth), like, "replacing a not-insignificant amount of meat eaten even in "normal" households" big. The name comes from it supposedly being like pulled pork but it's made from oat, peas and fava/horse/broad bean (I guess oat is the main ingredient, hence the name).

(Does the image show? Just hotlinked it from Finnish Broadcasting Company's website)

At the moment I think price is a bit against it (4-5€ for a 250g package, I can make, like, 50+ seitan stakes with that kind of money), but it's not totally outrageous. Haven't had it myself, they've just started manufacturing this stuff in a new factory they set up and it has been sold out in minutes wherever it has been sold. Not sure where to get it from my city, though the piece of news from FBC did say that stores have been pre-ordering it here.

EDIT: Though researching it more, the manufacturers do say that 60-80g of the stuff is enough for one serving, so it's not bad in that sense.

Surfinn

Pretty excited about a new upcoming Finnish product that could be translated as "pulled oat" that has been getting some pretty good media attention as something that the people & marketing/finance powers behind want to become BIG (apparently some initial talks about spreading this outside Finland have been had with parties all over Earth), like, "replacing a not-insignificant amount of meat eaten even in "normal" households" big. The name comes from it supposedly being like pulled pork but it's made from oat, peas and fava/horse/broad bean (I guess oat is the main ingredient, hence the name).

(Does the image show? Just hotlinked it from Finnish Broadcasting Company's website)

Wow that looks incredible (it shows). Want it bad..

MrT

Those pulled oats look great, would love to try them.

For anyone in/around Edinburgh, the vegan quarter at Leith market is tomorrow from 10-5. They've got some great food there, definitely recommend checking them out.

what kind of b12 do you take and how happy are you with the results?
I had a pretty huge lack of b12 [no joke, it makes you feel shitty] and had to get shots. now I want to choose the right kind of supplement.

I had a pretty huge lack of b12 [no joke, it makes you feel shitty] and had to get shots. now I want to choose the right kind of supplement.

I don't take a supplement per se, I eat tones of Marmite for B12, also I think all the Aplro 'milks' are fortified with B12.

Kinokou

Thanks, but I didn't manage to identify the functionality I was looking for.

Pretty excited about a new upcoming Finnish product that could be translated as "pulled oat" that has been getting some pretty good media attention for this whole year as something that the people & marketing/finance powers behind want to become BIG (apparently some initial talks about spreading this outside Finland have been had with parties all over Earth), like, "replacing a not-insignificant amount of meat eaten even in "normal" households" big. The name comes from it supposedly being like pulled pork but it's made from oat, peas and fava/horse/broad bean (I guess oat is the main ingredient, hence the name).

At the moment I think price is a bit against it (4-5€ for a 250g package, I can make, like, 50+ seitan stakes with that kind of money), but it's not totally outrageous. Haven't had it myself, they've just started manufacturing this stuff in a new factory they set up and it has been sold out in minutes wherever it has been sold. Not sure where to get it from my city, though the piece of news from FBC did say that stores have been pre-ordering it here.

EDIT: Though researching it more, the manufacturers do say that 60-80g of the stuff is enough for one serving, so it's not bad in that sense.

I would love to try this, I got really into pulled pork a year before cutting pork out of my diet and I have really been missing it at times!

yonder

I take 2500 mcg of cyanocobalamin once a week. Here's a good comprehensive article on B12 including recommendations: http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/vitaminb12

As for results, I have no real idea as I've supplemented with B12 for as long as I've been vegan which is almost a year now. I feel great though, better than when I was non-vegan anyway. I also take vitamin D during the winter, but that's it.

Vhalyar

I've been slowly adding more vegetables to my diet and phasing out meat, but yesterday I received the spiralizer that I'd ordered and tried making butternut squash noodles. Holy fuck why didn't I do that sooner :(

My first go at baking them was a bit of a mess. Too close to the heating element, too much olive oil. But I got a mix of deliciously soft and almost chip-like crunchy noodles.

I really don't like the taste of zucchini; any ideas what else I can turn into delicious noodles?

I've been slowly adding more vegetables to my diet and phasing out meat, but yesterday I received the spiralizer that I'd ordered and tried making butternut squash noodles. Holy fuck why didn't I do that sooner :(

My first go at baking them was a bit of a mess. Too close to the heating element, too much olive oil. But I got a mix of deliciously soft and almost chip-like crunchy noodles.

I really don't like the taste of zucchini; any ideas what else I can turn into delicious noodles?

Spiralizer rocks! Pretty fun to experiment with.

I will say this that even if you dont like the zucchini taste you wont notice (as much) it if you make some sauce with it.

An example of what you can do with zucchini:
http://www.eastewart.com/recipes-and-nutrition/raw-zucchini-noodles-with-lemony-avocado-pesto/

I used to hate zucchini (cooked at least) but got more used to it. But it is fun to make tomato, pasta sauces to go with the raw zucchini. I also enjoy making tabuleh with raw zucchini; parsley, chopped tomatoes, onions, fresh lemon juice, salt (and mint optional).

Zakalwe

Banned
Subbing for ideas.

----

My staple meal at the moment is the following:

Curry paste of choice (homemade or jarred)
1 can coconut milk.
1 Cauiflower cut into chunks
2 Sweet potatoes cut into chunks
1 Aubergine sliced
1 can butter beans
1 can sweet corn
1 can peas
2 onions cut into 6ths

Add the onions and paste. Cook on low-medium heat until the onions soften a little, then just chuck it all together and let it cooks slowly until you hit your desired consistency.

I generally serve it on a bed of raw spinach with some zoodles or rice or quinoa.

----

Life saving snacks:

Nakd bars.
Falafel bites (any that are vegan).
Bananas.
Nut butters.

----

It amazes me when I get asked "but don't you get bored"? Looking at this thread alone it seems most of our diets are extremely varied, I know my own has become much more adventurous and interesting since I switched.

Famassu

Yeah, I can't really understand some of those "vegan/vegetarian food will get boring" complaints. I mean...

1)vegans have meat-like things that can be used to replace quite a lot of different meats in dishes (I mean, one can make stuff that replaces sausages, minced meat, chicken, ham, pulled pork & even bacon). Fish & other inhabitants of the seas & other waterbodies and some animal organ foods (i.e. liver-based food) are pretty much the only few things that don't really have anything that comes extremely close to it in a vegan diet (there was a "vegan fish" recipe somewhere in this thread, but having tried it, I don't think it will turn fish-loving people into vegans). They do differ a bit from actual meats with their texture and/or taste, but I personally think stuff like seitan and soy granules are close enough so that the switch to non-meat diet is extremely easy.

2) there are relatively few recipes that can't be replicated 1:1 or near enough as a vegan.

3) vegans have quite a lot of things that aren't supposed to replace meat as is, like falafels, tempeh & a million different varieties of vegetable patties that a lot of meat eaters, if not even most of them, never touch (or eat extremely rarely), in addition to ingredients & foods vegans probably eat a lot more than meat-eating people.

But these people are probably the kind who think all vegans eat are "bunny rabbit" food like salads.

lately i have been putting maple syrup on EVERYTHING. potatoes and tofu and broccoli. Like i dont know anymore. I just need it. I have also been dating a ton and i have had to find way to make my meals more calorie dense since i only get 1 meal at home after work a day and small lunch. The rest are alcohol calories and almonds.

I have been slamming through so much broccoli.

Famassu

Wuu, got an apprenticeship in a vegan restaurant yesterday, so long as some monetary support application stuff goes through. First step in maybe setting up my own in the future!

tumblr_lzf0fgJVzA1qzgwino1_500.gif

Famassu

Grats, this is great!
Thanks. This feels great and it's the first time in a long while that I feel like I have a (good) direction I'm optimistic about in life, after a few years of general angst & just kind of feeling trapped in something that I just generally didn't want to do.

derFeef

Thanks. This feels great and it's the first time in a long while that I feel like I have a (good) direction I'm optimistic about in life, after a few years of general angst & just kind of feeling trapped in something that I just generally didn't want to do.

It's funny. Becoming vegan also made me think of my direction, job and so on. I feel like my whole life progress has stalled compared to going vegan, which was very simple and one of the best things in my life.

Famassu

If/when it becomes a reality, sure, I'll promise NeoGAF vegan thread bros a free meal if they come to Finland and wherever I set up the restaurant here. :)

Wuu, got an apprenticeship in a vegan restaurant yesterday, so long as some monetary support application stuff goes through. First step in maybe setting up my own in the future!

tumblr_lzf0fgJVzA1qzgwino1_500.gif

Congrats! What kind of restaurant would you want to set up?

We just had a brand new vegan bake shop open up in my city. They have vegan poptarts and twinkies. I never knew I liked either of those things, but this place has shown me otherwise!

Famassu

Congrats! What kind of restaurant would you want to set up?
Quite similar to where I'm going for the apprenticeship. A nice, small(er) place (at least for a start, who knows if it turned out to be a huge success story maybe I could expand) with a daily switching, reasonably priced small menu with some lighter options & one or two "heavier" meal options per day (so if one just wants a soup or a salad, they can, but then there's also something a bit more filling like lasagne) + maybe an option to buy/order some tasty vegan snacks/fast food as well. Probably not gonna set up a restaurant where one has 50 options that need to be doable really quickly, just seems a bit too stressful to me.

The kind of manageable thing that 3-4 people can run so that it doesn't have to have 100+ customers per day to be profitable.

Congrats Famassu! Cool to see another Finnish vegan too :)
Thanks. Finnish vegans represent. :)

olympia

probably been asked to death but are there any resources on vegan/veg meal prep that is also cheap, easy and will help me loose weight and also possibly cure cancer and make me rich

probably been asked to death but are there any resources on vegan/veg meal prep that is also cheap, easy and will help me loose weight and also possibly cure cancer and make me rich

Rice, Tofu frozen broccoli... Add some avocados or switch tofu out for beans. Its pretty well rounded, and cheap. If you can buy fresh it helps a bit.

derFeef

Quite similar to where I'm going for the apprenticeship. A nice, small(er) place (at least for a start, who knows if it turned out to be a huge success story maybe I could expand) with a daily switching, reasonably priced small menu with some lighter options & one or two "heavier" meal options per day (so if one just wants a soup or a salad, they can, but then there's also something a bit more filling like lasagne) + maybe an option to buy/order some tasty vegan snacks/fast food as well. Probably not gonna set up a restaurant where one has 50 options that need to be doable really quickly, just seems a bit too stressful to me.

The kind of manageable thing that 3-4 people can run so that it doesn't have to have 100+ customers per day to be profitable.

Our favourite cafe (with amazing wraps, hot dogs, doner, salds, sandwiches...) is run by 3 people. That sounds like something you are aiming for? I love those small-ish joints since they always have much more charm and better, more personal service. Good luck and keep us posted about the progress. Maybe we will visit you one day, since Finland was always on my radar (I hate flying though).

thank you thank you

I stopped dating for a bit and have had time to cook again!. Its been a good two weeks.

Penne in an Almond tofu garlic white sauce with broccoli mushrooms and asparagus.
3Y00cfzBZuXBfQZ7cHW_s1RHHQmMP_-7nDQfGlbIUa4BSgZrHub76z8VmF9P7PlEqrXqDStNzeQIOlKRWhLzfPEvfh6xUgdEd7B30BvWF32QPrSHDFtncWF3_Y7_sbrvAUqnFPBJCbr3k9kwMddc_F28BUxJ8OBmEkDe1HNbftkxShmhpZdJ5D6E9yQ7uJ67jFBqjshuxnyHhdGmwwaQh1sXdsZHPkZUbm6L1NYPeEPzZ3q1O36ikRZdxs5pzjCV3nTvVSne3iBLhx_fugRxvgJX5ubs6G_ScgbL7iCj1zaMYMpNflDfx1JAgAbtiNKzYW53N0DVItvdhy4jBlbz3J8FIcFD7XIkZUfpyO362ttFoFJGnNyl5i5Ai-VkY8BSKBmhq7F-SNsl11uvlDUctbe8TV-qK28vDIwrAwNWzNR2m5CuEHRAl7buyiglqaO5Z32tM0-p3mQ0d5w9JVLP-wFHZgCGm8DednuXHck4l3o7v3_EyckRGDT4kwOU4ivsvW9zH7KHJDk16VTc923Fkd9O8BcnOimNwFjpMX7IJtAuVJgzH3GsRhuraGy4xVJm9EHh0gQwZzxX_O_RXXG8g0DhVkRPBmix=w808-h606-no

Manwiched Lentils with spinach avocados and green salsa.
uTbmwzJpYz79NRDOUgU5dvW3A8ZsOeVJeha7oPsn7BVdi3mA68U2hSEypCU6z0s5PyUtHW9f2o6dg6AKCko1aGeoAZ-rgt5gC1htZ8FMbUL_Ii7POISKbMyINFW3DOneqgMmXnravILef2l0W1xLWOlKPFYqyjMaCQu9N3ZfqWAmBge3Eo6sVxpgrdA3nVm8wnI4xOZ4IdlLqANnwtm1B6NttzdLdAcx4ioKVJV-xqEQo0lgz2LXGEUy2zPtbFQYmskwaIfUbTMsU8Z0oka0sv03csSx-jblryaV1WpbPTgUtl0ANvq9gxVv1oIluwu6oePe2aK_Xg0-atT_cSmjdKQjKhS-2ByGgVlRKQSOJMeU0yCbPPl8GSyEHLXcoXwH34wBgn57HS5pdUobqK8FnzZNa-j95yHzn9Feu8_izxR_bAiJoU1C1b-NbNhFcl6RrbmJAZDWGfZJkVCATrLNVRQ0jsrNt2V5HzFXLeCCQj4f7wGzaomCXy1Gkkpv7-P7LfVYtMhyiQyTkT7xAfNk94ERaIk3V6DFwuogl5IjdmEhalrDrapACdYEUtdsy9gF6NwX8MApcKplOffryoqiRGNyDE1QDqKo=w808-h606-no

Spaghetti with a sweet red wine marinara and chickpea meaat balls.
Plb20lF656JiJ_hzmoyOkMbZP8EZhIMotR48SuxOnyC9WupMxHo7kDoLFdn3rpSZv_09W84GYbw4TqmQerEpduV0BDULfP-XKXfYpxH7l0NmIiyCSN0eTDB5ugaX4y6Hyv5DG8EV5uJDahUwmcc3WvQscxRC4gVMrXQz4aaa-E-e9t0zTBYswHpYJny7-iM5c9JpHN-L-sqndayffuDLyDnJzSqxRJjEFpMYYHj9jZIV9c-ALvWhm2u6aVgsZa-CtiKv8P4zia3Y8wzw3oQB2gXc24AnmoGxglwpDzzrT3Yoi2hgZpY9nA7KWArsxEsy9XKu9tLNXdNC1PsSJqsQDIDxD2lZiNXc35o_I25xmNGkJDeFlItNErhH3HgQfz59EV9W0dl9MZ9JuYnMVGdF7yJojkCqh1f-P4UlZG0dwBoWk6uPRSq8GOeQcH9tiIdzu6IbFH4SdY-99lq_bQI5UK7cczzqR2Nj3AuQmTgv7Tk1YaaENIXhyeRIdEgM9AM1WLpua4jCoXRA0zsX1rwYCcZS-UmDSlShPwZijBipOvhznySIQT6YksOT7vYKGgW87_MgzNZhmlzTazDioNjDMLTcY4WxrzHS=w808-h606-no

I stopped dating for a bit and have had time to cook again!. Its been a good two weeks.

Penne in an Almond tofu garlic white sauce with broccoli mushrooms and asparagus.
3Y00cfzBZuXBfQZ7cHW_s1RHHQmMP_-7nDQfGlbIUa4BSgZrHub76z8VmF9P7PlEqrXqDStNzeQIOlKRWhLzfPEvfh6xUgdEd7B30BvWF32QPrSHDFtncWF3_Y7_sbrvAUqnFPBJCbr3k9kwMddc_F28BUxJ8OBmEkDe1HNbftkxShmhpZdJ5D6E9yQ7uJ67jFBqjshuxnyHhdGmwwaQh1sXdsZHPkZUbm6L1NYPeEPzZ3q1O36ikRZdxs5pzjCV3nTvVSne3iBLhx_fugRxvgJX5ubs6G_ScgbL7iCj1zaMYMpNflDfx1JAgAbtiNKzYW53N0DVItvdhy4jBlbz3J8FIcFD7XIkZUfpyO362ttFoFJGnNyl5i5Ai-VkY8BSKBmhq7F-SNsl11uvlDUctbe8TV-qK28vDIwrAwNWzNR2m5CuEHRAl7buyiglqaO5Z32tM0-p3mQ0d5w9JVLP-wFHZgCGm8DednuXHck4l3o7v3_EyckRGDT4kwOU4ivsvW9zH7KHJDk16VTc923Fkd9O8BcnOimNwFjpMX7IJtAuVJgzH3GsRhuraGy4xVJm9EHh0gQwZzxX_O_RXXG8g0DhVkRPBmix=w808-h606-no

Manwiched Lentils with spinach avocados and green salsa.
uTbmwzJpYz79NRDOUgU5dvW3A8ZsOeVJeha7oPsn7BVdi3mA68U2hSEypCU6z0s5PyUtHW9f2o6dg6AKCko1aGeoAZ-rgt5gC1htZ8FMbUL_Ii7POISKbMyINFW3DOneqgMmXnravILef2l0W1xLWOlKPFYqyjMaCQu9N3ZfqWAmBge3Eo6sVxpgrdA3nVm8wnI4xOZ4IdlLqANnwtm1B6NttzdLdAcx4ioKVJV-xqEQo0lgz2LXGEUy2zPtbFQYmskwaIfUbTMsU8Z0oka0sv03csSx-jblryaV1WpbPTgUtl0ANvq9gxVv1oIluwu6oePe2aK_Xg0-atT_cSmjdKQjKhS-2ByGgVlRKQSOJMeU0yCbPPl8GSyEHLXcoXwH34wBgn57HS5pdUobqK8FnzZNa-j95yHzn9Feu8_izxR_bAiJoU1C1b-NbNhFcl6RrbmJAZDWGfZJkVCATrLNVRQ0jsrNt2V5HzFXLeCCQj4f7wGzaomCXy1Gkkpv7-P7LfVYtMhyiQyTkT7xAfNk94ERaIk3V6DFwuogl5IjdmEhalrDrapACdYEUtdsy9gF6NwX8MApcKplOffryoqiRGNyDE1QDqKo=w808-h606-no

Spaghetti with a sweet red wine marinara and chickpea meaat balls.
Plb20lF656JiJ_hzmoyOkMbZP8EZhIMotR48SuxOnyC9WupMxHo7kDoLFdn3rpSZv_09W84GYbw4TqmQerEpduV0BDULfP-XKXfYpxH7l0NmIiyCSN0eTDB5ugaX4y6Hyv5DG8EV5uJDahUwmcc3WvQscxRC4gVMrXQz4aaa-E-e9t0zTBYswHpYJny7-iM5c9JpHN-L-sqndayffuDLyDnJzSqxRJjEFpMYYHj9jZIV9c-ALvWhm2u6aVgsZa-CtiKv8P4zia3Y8wzw3oQB2gXc24AnmoGxglwpDzzrT3Yoi2hgZpY9nA7KWArsxEsy9XKu9tLNXdNC1PsSJqsQDIDxD2lZiNXc35o_I25xmNGkJDeFlItNErhH3HgQfz59EV9W0dl9MZ9JuYnMVGdF7yJojkCqh1f-P4UlZG0dwBoWk6uPRSq8GOeQcH9tiIdzu6IbFH4SdY-99lq_bQI5UK7cczzqR2Nj3AuQmTgv7Tk1YaaENIXhyeRIdEgM9AM1WLpua4jCoXRA0zsX1rwYCcZS-UmDSlShPwZijBipOvhznySIQT6YksOT7vYKGgW87_MgzNZhmlzTazDioNjDMLTcY4WxrzHS=w808-h606-no

Even if you don't date, you could still invite us over to dinner. That looks delicious!

standing invitation for anyone in the chicag oland area or stopping through. :D

More pictures comings soon (friday?)

my friend is going in for surgery and im makings some food for her. Souther Pot Pies, Spring Coleslaw, and Peanut Butter Mouse with bourbon Carmel Cups.

standing invitation for anyone in the chicag oland area or stopping through. :D

More pictures comings soon (friday?)

my friend is going in for surgery and im makings some food for her. Souther Pot Pies, Spring Coleslaw, and Peanut Butter Mouse with bourbon Carmel Cups.

You're on. I loved my last brief stop in Chicago. I am sure I will be back once I move to the US in the next couple of months. :D

Vegan Homemade Peanut Butter Cups. they filled with coconut cream and peanut butter and then i scooped out the middle and put a small bit of bourbon caramel in the center.
Q-YQM69wEdvLioeVQF6k0vraHP3D5Gv0dnjEg9ORZngUoOQlYAKqKJzOedQXG_KjLu2HWvJcAqCwHPP9rHRTC8QnFc3UDenX1hSD3hRE15fllYZ03ag12IwwbFJGVO5r_pXXEIcY3_ajdTu_YcQEGKdLzChP070gQkN3R6DAZ6fTNGnIwPbdCOZmfWMm6_hF4T4EsgUa7dW_gQQOnQ45MMZ83C036FKoa39K1eQ5w7pBlh6tJ3t35Tovejqd0P9dIcK5be9JofBg-_q-gHlfoTWxWOQOuPQwjU_wY1Dtwp12SlRmyRyeqADhBGrwvgIZqyoS45dKJ5iaq48x_vF_tQJj44ac2nN52bA83h1FlQOFeNhgc8s9l-BTyi9EVW1BomhEzPJBo-o5UwMOvPHDoNEHCrlnNsluEWJg8IBNQu9yF_t5kfFSMSMaKckoNHUStSWVARQ6-v2cTHOmenlIsBFWdt2hunZbLuiR-TbfwEkSYoKtpsjOd5iHp93qZZ1G_rYWkfc89cj2buEis3QRnjl7G6hUawUx3tuGGySOwZ27V1TufABcciNBa7ETwDzm01IdsK3acm84_jagIpG8udi6pkzlTv8f=s651-no

You think vegan gaf can make a cook book of all of our favorite recipes? Its fucking summer time. Post your favorite Vegan Burger Recipes.

Here are my top 2.

1 cup (155 g) cooked brown rice*
1 cup (120 g) raw walnuts (or sub bread crumbs)
1/2 Tbsp grape seed or avocado oil, plus more for cooking
1/2 white onion (~55 g | 3/4 cup), finely diced
1 Tbsp (~8 g) each chili powder, cumin powder, and smoked paprika
1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper, plus more for coating burgers
1 Tbsp (12 g) coconut sugar (or sub organic brown or muscovado sugar)
1 1/2 cups (227 g) cooked black beans*, well rinsed, drained and patted dry
1/3 cup (22 g) panko bread crumbs (if gluten free, use gluten free bread crumbs)
3-4 Tbsp (51-68 g) vegan BBQ sauce
Instructions

Roast Walnuts in Pan
Carmelize Onions in Pan after removing Walnuts
Throw it all in a food processor.
Scoop out and coat with a bit of salt Peper and garlic and chili powder.
Grill on Grill or Cast iron Pan

Eat delicious food.

Rainy Dog

Been meaning to post this for a while but just a heads up to UK gaffers that Iceland do a couple of superb healthy vegan frozen meal bags for only £1.50 a piece.

Zesty Bean Quinoa and Couscous with Veggies. Both are enough for a full meal and neither contains any rubbish whatsoever not even any added sugar. Keep at least three bags of each in my freezer at all times.

They also used to do a Bulgur Wheat with mexican vegetables, mint and avacados one but seem to have stopped it recently sadly.

Top Bottom