• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegan community thread - Give Peas a Chance

I'm very interested in going Vegan. I just want to know whether the vegan meats that are available have preservatives or not. Or if there are any available without preservatives. Thx

Imho vegan 'meats' should not be the deciding factor one way or the other.
That said I don't know and cannot answer your question specifically.
But there are hundreds of different vegan food manufacturers out there.
And I'm sure many vegans care about added preservatives, so I would be surprised if there isn't a sizeable market for your needs and conversely companies that seek to fill that demand.

Bennettt2

Imho vegan 'meats' should not be the deciding factor one way or the other.
That said I don't know and cannot answer your question specifically.
But there are hundreds of different vegan food manufacturers out there.
And I'm sure many vegans care about added preservatives, so I would be surprised if there isn't a sizeable market for your needs and conversely companies that seek to fill that demand.

thx. yeah, there are many reasons why I want to go vegan. Basically the reasons stated by the OP. It makes perfect sense to me.

Hypron

The one thing I miss since going full vegan two weeks ago is... lollies. Vegan lollies are super expensive (like 3 times the price for the same quantity :s).

I have been eating very little meat (maybe once every 2 weeks) and other animal products (completely stopped dairy for example) for the past year or so before going vegan, but I'd buy a pack of lollies every week because I just love that shit. The vegan alternative is expensive enough to make me think that it's a bit too expensive for what it is :(

Seems I have jumped onto the tofu train. I have been finding the block slabs of it to look a little intimidating, and trying it for the first time I found it a little bland despite being a curry variety. But right now I realized that I'm exited to have it for dinner again today.

If it's available where you are, I highly recommend Soyganic's Smoked Tofu:

Smoked-Tofu-Soyganic.jpg

They also have a garlic pepper flavour, and apparently they've just come out with Sriracha flavoured, too. Really tasty, if you can find it!

catmincer

I made a promise to someone dear to me I'd give up meat. I'm struggling somewhat to be honest, red meat was easy, it's gross. Pork I love but never cook so it's also easy, I hate fish and seafood too so good. BUT giving up chicken is so hard, I eat it so much and I like it :(

What's the best way to transition away from it? Failure is not an option! I gave myself a deadline of my birthday which is the end of July.

HALP!

dude

dude
I made a promise to someone dear to me I'd give up meat. I'm struggling somewhat to be honest, red meat was easy, it's gross. Pork I love but never cook so it's also easy, I hate fish and seafood too so good. BUT giving up chicken is so hard, I eat it so much and I like it :(

What's the best way to transition away from it? Failure is not an option! I gave myself a deadline of my birthday which is the end of July.

HALP!

What sort of chicken did you like? You can usually substitute it with tofu or seitan and the right spices.

yonder

HALP!
You're in luck because chicken is probably the easiest meat to replace. I don't know where you live, but here in Sweden almost all of the replacement-meats taste and look like chicken, so try a few till you find something you like. If you google "vegan chicken" you'll find both recipes and meat-substitutes.

Also, do some research on poultry farming and animal agriculture in general if you need some extra motivation. Good luck! :)

Famassu

HALP!
Seitan is your answer. Or if you have soy-"meat" slices like this where you live:

Those are ok as well if you want something you can just buy. If you want a good & fairly easy (especially once you've done it a few times) seitan recipe that you can make yourself in <1 hour, this is what I'm currently doing quite often:

The seitan dough:

-2,5 dl gluten flour
-1,25 dl chickpea/gram flour + soy flour (you can choose the portions yourself, I usually use 50% chickpea/gram flour and 50% soy flour. It doesn't need both, but seitan is much better if it isn't just gluten flour but has chickpea flour and/or soy flour in it as well)
-a hefty dosage of spices to your liking (I find that a combination of tons of garlic powder, some paprika, curry powder, ginger powder & garam masala spice mix works really well + I also often use a tablespoon or three of nutritional yeast as well, maybe a tiny bit of salt)
-1,5-1,6 desiliters of water (you might need to add a few droplets if 1,5dl isn't enough)
-a little bit of soy sauce

For the rest you need:
-1,5 liters of water
-2 vegetable stock cubes (the kind that you usually use 1 per 0,5 liters)
-a tablespoon or two of soy sauce
-a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar
-1-2 dl of breadcrumbs
-oil of some sort for frying

Mix the flours & spices. Mix the 1,5dl of water & a little bit of soy sauce. Pour that into the bowl with the flours & spices and start mixing it all with a spoon or a fork or something. Once the dough is a bit firmer, you can start kneading it by hand. Knead it for maybe 1-2 minutes. At this point, it should look something like this:

(I'd maybe add a little bit of water if it looked like that, to get most of the rest of the flour to mix into the dough. Not much, not even 0,5 dl or anything, way less than that).

Once it's like that, first cut it into steak-like pieces (maybe 1,5-2cm thick) and then "tap" them to be a bit thinner, even-ish thickness steaks (if you feel any hard-ish lumps at this point, maybe try to cut them out). Throw all the raw seitan-steak pieces into 1,5 liters of boiling water that you've mixed the 2 vegetable stock cubes & some soy sauce and apple cider vinegar into. To save time/make everything a bit faster, you can start heating the water sometime before the dough is done, even when you start making it to once you've got the hang of it, since it doesn't take all that many minutes to make the dough & cut it into pieces when you've got the experience & confidence to do things quickly without having to double check every point in the recipe.

Anyhooo. Cook the seitan steak pieces in the boiling water for 30-40 minutes. Once that's done, take them out of the water, cut each steak into smaller slices like you would a chicken. Throw all the slices into a bowl that has the breadcrumbs and whirl them around with whatever kind of technique you like (I just gently but firmly do a motion that throws the pieces around in the bowl). Then, once it looks like all of the seitan slices have gotten enough breadcrumbs around them, heat up some oil on a (non-stick) frying pan and then fry the breaded seitan pieces on the pan until they have gathered a nice golden brown colour. AAAAAND they are done!

Serve with anything you like. I've used seitan pieces like this in everything from salads to serving it among fried rice/couscous & vegetables and as tortilla filling as well. It's really easy once you get the hang of it. It basically goes

1) mix flour & spices and then water to make the dough
2) cut dough into pieces & cook the pieces in boiling water for 30 minutes
3) bread the cooked seitan pieces & fry them

Really simple. It might require a few tries to get the taste right and the texture can be a bit different each time you make it based on all kinds of things (how long or briefly you knead the dough, what's the ratio of chickpea/gram flour & soy flour, how long you cook it in the boiling water etc.), but I've noticed that now that I've done seitan a few dozen times, there are rarely surprises when it comes to the taste & texture. Sometimes it succeeds a bit better and sometimes not so much, but usually it's still pretty good & edible. :p

And it's really easy to modify the recipe. Just use different spices or different amounts of the same spices to make some other spice pop out a bit more. I often use garlic powder & curry the most, but sometimes I might make paprika the majority spice. Sometimes I add chili powder if I want it to burn my mouth. You can use or not use the vinegar or soy sauce, but then you might want to try something different.

Some people don't use all that many spices for the seitan dough itself and then just marinade the seitan after they've cooked it. I'm lazy and don't want to go through the trouble of marinading most of the time so I just mix all spices/herbs into the dough. That way the seitan will have at least some base taste no matter what. One can then further marinade it if one wants to add even more taste to it. I just noticed that there's a danger of the seitan being a bit flavorless if you leave everything to marinading even after marinading it, so I'd rather make sure the seitan taste good as is.

EDIT: Also, you can use the left-over cooking water to cook rise or couscous or something similar. No point in throwing the water away since it has all of that flavor from the stock cubes, soy sauce & vinegar. Makes for some tasty rice/couscous/whatever

yonder

Some tasty looking stuff, but... I just can't do it. I love my meat too much. I would love to try some of these dishes, though.
I said the same thing years ago, but eventually I turned vegetarian after watching Earthlings. Then I said I could never give up butter, cheese and ice cream, but after learning more about dairy and poultry farming I finally went vegan. Here I am now almost a year later and couldn't see myself ever going back :)

Go ahead and try some recipes &#8211; every little bit helps! You might be surprised at how easy and tasty vegan meals can be and I'll bet you find some new favourites.

EDIT: Unrelated, but I made this youtube playlist with some good "Why vegan?" type videos that some people here might be interested in: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxrSKU7XU7Y7x_4pc-zS4zJD5T2v4pDSP They're in no particular order; it's just a personal collection of videos I thought did a good job of arguing for veganism.

DJ_Lae

Try maybe a day a week or a meal a week where you cook without meat or even dairy. It will really open your tastes a bit.

I agree. I'm not vegan or even vegetarian but I love trying different things and I've been inspired by many of the posts in here.

Having a vegan meal once in a while (one or two a week for me, usually) gives you some new things to try.

Famassu

these balls are amazing!
http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-sun-dried-tomato-basil-meatballs/

I made a boozy red wine sauce and some homemade pasta noodles to go on it. The stay at home date went... quite well.
Aren't those basically... falafels? Not the most basic kind of falafels since there are sun-dried tomatoes and the spices differ some, but chickpea based meatball-ish food stuff still. Unless falafels refer to some chickpea-balls with a very specific set of spices & herbs and anything that diverges from that even a little bit ain't falafel anymore. :p

Some tasty looking stuff, but... I just can't do it. I love my meat too much. I would love to try some of these dishes, though.
You should always try. I was like you in 2009. I was, like, "I can't live without mah chicken & salami & occasional kebab pizza." Then I really started to think how much meat production fucks up the environment and the completely needless suffering it causes and there was a well-timed "facebook challenge" that I happened to notice near the end of 2009, a Meatless January in 2010. I decided I should try that. Even if it's not permanent, a month of trying new kinds of food every day or every couple of/few days would do me some good and at least give a few new foods to my regular rotation. During that month, I noticed that it was actually very easy to give up meat, and other than a few drunken kebab pizza mishaps in Spring 2010, I haven't gone back since.

You could try going cold turkey or at least challenge yourself to go without meat for a whole month. Don't put the pressure to end meat altogether with no options to go back, that is just a recipe for disaster since it can put a bit too much pressure on you at once, but still challenge yourself to go for a somewhat lengthy period without meat. See how that goes. Maybe you'll notice that it's actually very easy and like with me, that meatless month became meatless 6 years, 3 months, 3 days, 23 hours & 52 minutes so far. Or you can do what others suggested and first add 1 meatless meal/day and maybe expand from that until you don't necessarily feel the temptation to eat meat other than on some special occasions or maybe once a week/month or something. If you can even reach a point where you can go for a week or two without meat, that would be a huge improvement. Unlike some militant vegans think, I think every bit counts. If someone feels like they can't go 100% without animal products, I still think it's better if someone does a "half-assed" vegan thing (allows oneself to eat meat when they really crave it) than trying to force yourself to be 100% meat free, failing at it and then abandoning vegan stuff completely as a lost cause.

For some reason I just recently tried baked tofu. This stuff is great! Can't believe I didn't try it sooner. The consistency is very chicken-y and satisfying, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with different marinades and glazes. Anyone have any favourite recipes? I used this one: http://www.ilovevegan.com/baked-sriracha-soy-sauce-tofu-2-quick-easy-recipes/

This reminds me I have to try seitan and tempeh...

duuude. I know. you have to bake it and then drop it into a simmering sauce pot and let it reduce a bit then throw all of that into a stirfry... delicious.

Aren't those basically... falafels? Not the most basic kind of falafels since there are sun-dried tomatoes and the spices differ some, but chickpea based meatball-ish food stuff still. Unless falafels refer to some chickpea-balls with a very specific set of spices & herbs and anything that diverges from that even a little bit ain't falafel anymore. :p

I dont use garbonzo bean flour i use actual beans and some fresh basil and sundried tomatoes and roasted garlic in a food processor to make it.

I think falafels are usually the ground flour made into a thick dough and deep fried.

i mean its all semantics.

Famassu

I dont use garbonzo bean flour i use actual beans and some fresh basil and sundried tomatoes and roasted garlic in a food processor to make it.

I think falafels are usually the ground flour made into a thick dough and deep fried.

I make falafels from whole chickpeas that I put into a food processor and give it a 1-2 second whirl a few times (not so much that it becomes total smush, but enough that there aren't any whole or big almost-intact chickpeas anymore), then throw in some breadcrumbs & herbs + spices (fresh or dried coriander, a little bit of chili powder, some garam masala, salt & maybe garlic & curry powder, some other spices if I feel like it), maybe a little bit of aquafaba of the chickpeas and that's pretty much it for the dough. Sometimes I throw in some other peas or beans in addition to chickpeas for a different kind of texture, but otherwise do it similarly.

derFeef

I need to start cooking for myself (and my SO) a lot more. I hate myself for not doing it more often. I am out of juice when I come home and all I want is something to eat, fast... :(
I am sure if I put up a plan and some easy recipes it all works out.

Famassu

For busy people, weekends are a good time to take advantage of. Cook big batches of potatoes/couscous/rice and leave them as is so that you'll have something to eat with anything that just needs heating up or can be used quickly & efficiently in something else (i.e. fried rice, creamy potatoes) instead of having to go through the waiting of cooking them on the weekdays when you're already tired & perhaps don't have too much free time. Have some easy-to-use fresh ingredients that don't need cooking for simple meals (salads, red pepper bells, tomatoes, cucumber, herbs etc.) as well as some canned stuff. Cook stuff that you can use in versatile ways (i.e. tomatosauce can be used in pizza, lasagne, other pasta dishes). Make big 2-3x batches of falafel, soy meat in different forms, seitan or whatever protein source you might want to have with your food the next week (with falafel, I'd advice leaving what you don't eat as dough, freshly fried falafel is best falafel, seitan is better NOT left as dough) and then use them in a multitude of ways (seitan in salads, tortillas, as a kind of chicken replacement in some curry dishes, filling in pizza etc.)

Friends: I have been tasked with an important assignment and need to collect some info. What is your favorite or preferred vegan mayo substitute?

I'm sure we all know somebody who loves mayonnaise too much. They put it on every single sandwich. I know there are vegans out there too who are looking to find a replacement for this staple.

Does anybody here love a certain brand? Or use a certain homemade recipe? What is the standard for vegan mayo?

RDreamer

Friends: I have been tasked with an important assignment and need to collect some info. What is your favorite or preferred vegan mayo substitute?

I'm sure we all know somebody who loves mayonnaise too much. They put it on every single sandwich. I know there are vegans out there too who are looking to find a replacement for this staple.

Does anybody here love a certain brand? Or use a certain homemade recipe? What is the standard for vegan mayo?

Just Mayo. Like it better than real mayo.

moggio

Banned

No, falafels are made from chickpeas.

Pinkuss

No, falafels are made from chickpeas.

I believe you can get chickpea/broad bean combo falafel.

Also to the mayo post, I think I get mayola and I've never had Just Mayo as they don't sell it where I live (Hull, UK). Most the mayo's I've had though seem like slightly mayonnaise'y flavoured salad cream though (still does the job with chips/fries when drunk though).

Famassu

I haven't done it myself, but Aquafaba is apparently also good for self-made vegan mayo making, as far as replacing eggs go. Something like this comes up as the first result when googling "aquafaba mayo"

http://peanutbutterandvegan.com/april-all-natural-day-5/

Seems like a fairly painless, easy & quick recipe with only a few ingredients.

Here's another slightly different kind but still aquafaba based:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/03/easy-vegan-mayo-aquafaba-recipe-vegan-experience.html

That actually seems like it might be an even better recipe.

derFeef

We visited a vegan fair this weekend, it's just a 5 minute walk away so we spent 2 days there eating vegan food and watching lectures. Was a great time!

Still alienating to me, that if you post on facebook that you have a great time there, people belaugh it or get all defensive ("get real food, not cardboard") without any reason. Makes me angry. Important to know, that I only have real friends on FB. Or maybe I should stop calling them friends...
Made some new friends there though, authors and storekeepers etc.

We visited a vegan fair this weekend, it's just a 5 minute walk away so we spent 2 days there eating vegan food and watching lectures. Was a great time!

Still alienating to me, that if you post on facebook that you have a great time there, people belaugh it or get all defensive ("get real food, not cardboard") without any reason. Makes me angry. Important to know, that I only have real friends on FB. Or maybe I should stop calling them friends...
Made some new friends there though, authors and storekeepers etc.

Sounds like fun! I hope they have a vegan fair near me someday :)
Sorry about your "friends" though, that's pretty lame. Not sure why some people can't be supportive or at the very least refrain from belittling something that's important to you.

yonder

I've been focusing on eating whole foods lately and staying away from the vegan junk, and I've been losing about 0.5-1kg a week so far without much effort :) I eat whenever I'm hungry and eat as much as I want, and I still lose weight as long as I keep to legumes, whole grains, veggies and fruit. I'm limiting nut butters to about 1-2TBSP/day since I tend to go overboard on them, but otherwise I don't restrict myself. It's essentially McDougall's Starch Solution, I guess, and it seems to be working well.

I've mostly been eating stuff like oatmeal with fruit and berries, beans and rice and different grain salads. Whenever I'm stressed I usually just have a huge bowl of short grain brown rice and peas with some soy sauce and garlic. Never get tired of it.

I've been focusing on eating whole foods lately and staying away from the vegan junk, and I've been losing about 0.5-1kg a week so far without much effort :) I eat whenever I'm hungry and eat as much as I want, and I still lose weight as long as I keep to legumes, whole grains, veggies and fruit. I'm limiting nut butters to about 1-2TBSP/day since I tend to go overboard on them, but otherwise I don't restrict myself. It's essentially McDougall's Starch Solution, I guess, and it seems to be working well.

I've mostly been eating stuff like oatmeal with fruit and berries, beans and rice and different grain salads. Whenever I'm stressed I usually just have a huge bowl of short grain brown rice and peas with some soy sauce and garlic. Never get tired of it.

When I switched vegan/buddha bowls were my go to meal, still are. Having a few meals that you know you can whip together in a few mins that are tasty, fresh, and healthy always makes it easy. The reason I like them is you can pretty much make any flavour profile you like, my personal balance for them is one type of leafy green, one type of salad leaf, four to six types of vegetables, a portion of carbohydrates, a portion of something with protein (sometimes not necessary depending on what you are including in the bowl) and a dressing. Sometimes throw in some nuts or seeds or other extras depending upon the flavour I wanted to achieve. Finding a good green grocer is what really made vegetables enjoyable for me, Natoora is my personal favourite the variety and quality is always amazing and the seasonality of the produce always makes me want to experiment even though it is more expensive than the norm.

This!
I don't eat anything with ingredients on it anymore.
Whole foods all the time.

derFeef

I am eating too much crap sadly. Luckily I started to make rice bowls and stews - they are easy and not too heavy. I am not ever gaining any weigth no matter what I eat so I don't really care about that stuff, lol. (I wish I did gain weigth).

yonder

I am eating too much crap sadly. Luckily I started to make rice bowls and stews - they are easy and not too heavy. I am not ever gaining any weigth no matter what I eat so I don't really care about that stuff, lol. (I wish I did gain weigth).
If you want to gain some weight you could try eating more nuts and especially nut butters. They're healthy and very calorie dense. Try putting a big dollop of peanut butter in your oatmeal for example. Dried fruit and dates are pretty calorie dense too. I stall my weight loss like magic every time I have too much nut butters, so they might be helpful for weight gain. They're healthy foods, but it's so easy for me to eat a lot at once.

derFeef

I eat a lot of nuts and dates already throughout the day, love that stuff. It has something to do with my system and partly my condition I guess. I am okay with it, I just don't like the fact that I can't control it and people always assume a vegan diet is causing it and the comments.

yonder

I eat a lot of nuts and dates already throughout the day, love that stuff. It has something to do with my system and partly my condition I guess. I am okay with it, I just don't like the fact that I can't control it and people always assume a vegan diet is causing it and the comments.
I see, that sucks. Another idea would be to increase the processed whole grains (or even refined grains) which are more calorically dense than non-processed starches. Stuff like pasta, noodles, bread and wraps instead of potatoes, rice and other whole starches.

Find more calorically dense stuff, especially stuff you like and can eat a lot of. Anyway, I'm no nutrition expert and could have things wrong, but I hope that helps.

It may just be your body type.
I gained a lot of weight over winter and although I look much bigger than before, I feel like total crap.
I have just come to accept what will be will be, and being slim and healthy is fine with me.
When I first went Vegan I used to exercise like mad because I suddenly had so much energy, and it caused me to be super slim.
I have now toned the mad exercising down a notch and find it much easier to put on weight.
Also check out HITT training and Calisthetics, as they may help you build mass.

derFeef

SO gifted me "The Vegan Zombie" cookbook. Seems neat but very american/australian recipes. Problem is I don't like to fry stuff at home and there is a lot of fried stuff in that book. Also for the premise of "fast recipes for the zombie apocalypse" a lot of them seem to take an hour and longer, hah.

swROZE0.gif

Booked a hotel enquiring about vegan options at the breakfast buffet.
After being told that there is nothing specifically vegan but lots of marmalade, whole grain bread, fruits and vegs... yay[/s]
I sent another friendly note that they might consider providing a basket of vegan spreads in future, as they have a long shelf life and are also tasty for non-vegans. :)

Let's see if it helps. I'll bring some for myself just in case anyway.

20 kg of potatoes. I welcome sauce recipes!

13015297_471380676386jpxta.jpg

2 TBS to go on the rice itself? how about a peanut sauce? ginger, garlic, tamari, PB, rice vinegar, agave or sugar, and a little sriracha, some water to thin it out.

ive been making one with curry powder in it recently that is insanely good. definitely my go to peanut sauce for now.

Yes. I try to avoid fats (HCLF) but I'll give peanut a try sometime.

Hypron

I'm really lazy when it comes to food so I just tend to throw some brown rice, canned chickpeas/kidney beans (sometimes some black beans I cooked myself if I've got the time), canned chopped tomatoes, and frozen baby peas in a bowl and microwave everything.

I'm not sure how healthy it all is but it takes 0 effort and it's very cheap.

I should really look at some nutritional guides one of these days to make sure I'm not missing anything major in my diet.

I'm really lazy when it comes to food so I just tend to throw some brown rice, canned chickpeas/kidney beans (sometimes some black beans I cooked myself if I've got the time), canned chopped tomatoes, and frozen baby peas in a bowl and microwave everything.

I'm not sure how healthy it all is but it takes 0 effort and it's very cheap.

I should really look at some nutritional guides one of these days to make sure I'm not missing anything major in my diet.

Get blood work done at your GP, that should tell you if you are missing out on anything significantly.

Is there any way at all to get a good macro balance as a vegan? All the protein sources either have more fat than protein or way more carbs than protein or both. The only way to avoid that seems to be soy/tofu or vegan protein powder, both of which are highly processed, powder being also super expensive.

Famassu

If you eat varied, well balanced meals with a multitude of protein sources, getting a balanced dose of all essential nutrients at the same time shouldn't be that much of a problem. So unless you're one of those people who's pathetically hysterical about every milligram of carbs no matter what the source of it, there's really no problem with a vegan diet so long as you make sure you aren't lacking in the few micronutrients that vegans can easily omit from their diet.

Is there any way at all to get a good macro balance as a vegan? All the protein sources either have more fat than protein or way more carbs than protein or both. The only way to avoid that seems to be soy/tofu or vegan protein powder, both of which are highly processed, powder being also super expensive.

You don't actually need that much protein unless you are muscle building, that thought is primary a hang over from research done well over a hundred years ago and is well out of date (here is the modern portion guide).

56 grams is the recommended daily amount (RDA). Protein is found in most whole foods, without adding a specific food that is high in protein you should be coming close to your RDA in protein if you are eating a healthy balanced diet. A meal that contains a portion of chickpea/garbanzo beans and has a side of bulgur wheat you have hit the RDA, if you are a meat eater all you have to eat is one chicken breast and you are over the RDA. Not to say that amino acids aren't important, they are but the type is more important than the quantity. In a vegan diet the only vitamin that is hard to come by is B12, a supplement once a week will take care of that or fortified foods a few times a day, the vegetable sources such as fermented foods aren't a reliable source as it is hard to consistently measure and spirulina contains a pseudovitamin B12, it has a similar structure but isn't actually B12.

If you are muscle building you just add legumes to most things and chuck unsweetened nut butters in. Or just pick up a protein powder such as Sun Warrior.

Not my picture. I just came back from Costco and these taste AMEEEEEEZ1NG!!11. Throw on top of jasmine rice or mix with canned beans and you're done. I could drink one bottle alone.

20140427-3.jpg

yonder

If you need a ton of unprocessed protein, try some edamame. I had a big bowl the other day (around 500g) which netted me 54g protein, 50g carb, 26g fat, not to mention a fuckload of iron, a bunch of zinc and calcium as well as lots of omega 3, all for 600kcal. Edamame is awesome.

Although I wouldn't worry too much about how many carbs you're eating. Focus on eating good, whole, healthy foods instead.

Top Bottom