• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Velocity Ultra |OT| High speed PSVita gaming - Show Thumb Respect

DBT85

Went on a rampage.

Only need to Perfect lvls 47, 48, 49.

RAWR!

Edit: all done :D

Now fit the few remaining bits.

My final time on lvl 48 was exactly 5:00. One second more and I would have missed it.

anddo0

Zone xp?
what determines this?

I keep getting a silver on Zone 10 despite saving everyone, killing everything, and finishing with more than enough time on the clock.

edit: finally got the gold. I was hitting 50 seconds, but it didn't count until now.

Raonak

Banned
Platinumizied, was very satisfying, got about half the levels perfected in the minis version, but managed to fully do Ultra, the R-Stick bombs were a big, big help.

DBT85

Beat Stage 30. Fuck that gold time. My hands hurt getting that perfect

My sweet summer child... lvl 50. lvl 50.

Still not got the plat. All main lvls perfected, 18 of the 20 bonus missions done, just need to finish lvl 20 and get a better score on Space Coconuts. And do the minesweeper game. Find secred area 2 and 9. Change the wallpaper. Do a few more long teleports. and a few other bits.

But that lvl 50. 48 is a git too as it is so long.

Number45

I did though, I remember doing it. Maybe it didn't register.
Perhaps. I tried to finish it properly but failed miserably, then I went through just keeping as far away from everything as possible. I know I never got anything like a good score in the minigame anyway.

Wozman23

Platinumed it yesterday.

While critical urgency zone demand usage of the buttons, I really liked using touch teleporting when I could. Often times it felt easier. Using right stick bomb flinging really helped on those last few zones that had huge cluster of enemies. With it I wasn't slowly inching myself toward them.

Really love the new pieces of art too.

d861bc87-9bca-4f96-925b-b96291af6767_zps25d398bb.jpg

DBT85

Notice yours popped as you went in to check on the in game awards, mine did the same.

It was just the delay. I knew I had to just beat Smiths Challenge on hard, and as soon as I did it I jumped back to the menu and by the time I'd done that it popped the trophy before the Plat, and then the Plat. Just so happened to be on that screen looking to check when it popped.

DBT85

The demo is a lot of fun, but I think the full game might be a bit tough for me.

The game isn't difficult to play, just difficult to get the Perfect time on each level etc. You can get through each level without being any good at it, and get the gold medal for most with a few retries.

It's genuinely fun from the very start until the very end.

DBT85

Can anybody give me tips on how to perfect zone 50??

It's the only one I have left and I just can't do it :(

It's all about the timing, I gradually got better to the point where I could perfect the first stage, then the second and then I was just working on the third.

I also made sure to be near the top of the screen when you needed to teleport to give you more time to get in the right position.

For Red gates 8 and 9, go left and hit gate 8, then as you fly up the level (you need to keep boost on) teleport over the barrier to the left and hug the wall and send another bomb down to hit gate 9. Then sit as low on the screen as you can so that the red barrier is down before you get there!

For Blue gates 5,6 7 8, you need to fling a bomb at the same time as you get the last life pod in each group, that last pod is parallel with the gates so use it as your timing reference.

Just practise practise, and hold boost all the way. Not possible if you let go for a second.

It's all about the timing, I gradually got better to the point where I could perfect the first stage, then the second and then I was just working on the third.

I also made sure to be near the top of the screen when you needed to teleport to give you more time to get in the right position.

For Red gates 8 and 9, go left and hit gate 8, then as you fly up the level (you need to keep boost on) teleport over the barrier to the left and hug the wall and send another bomb down to hit gate 9. Then sit as low on the screen as you can so that the red barrier is down before you get there!

For Blue gates 5,6 7 8, you need to fling a bomb at the same time as you get the last life pod in each group, that last pod is parallel with the gates so use it as your timing reference.

Just practise practise, and hold boost all the way. Not possible if you let go for a second.
I'll never get it lol

Thanks for the tips tho. I'll try some more.

DBT85

I thought the same until I got it tbh.

Just keep going, never let go of the boost button. If you do or if you miss a gate, restart. Eventually you'll be able to do the whole Blue section most of the time, then the Blue and the Red most of the time and then you just need to do the green.

No idea how many restarts I did but it was a lot.

hurzelein

Any information available what the Velocity Team is doing right now? The game evolved to be one of my favorite games this year.

Can't see myself platinum every track, but then again I said that same thing about Trials HD and I still play it after 3 years.

Would love to buy some DLC, especially the Critical Urgency levels are what its all about in my opinion. But I don't think we will see any Downloads, so any informations about a new title they are working on? Vita?

recurv

Neo Member
Any information available what the Velocity Team is doing right now? The game evolved to be one of my favorite games this year.

Can't see myself platinum every track, but then again I said that same thing about Trials HD and I still play it after 3 years.

Would love to buy some DLC, especially the Critical Urgency levels are what its all about in my opinion. But I don't think we will see any Downloads, so any informations about a new title they are working on? Vita?

Great to hear your appreciation for Velocity :)

We're working very hard on something that the whole team believes in. That's all you need to know at the moment ;)

Carl

Great to hear your appreciation for Velocity :)

We're working very hard on something that the whole team believes in. That's all you need to know at the moment ;)

And if that isn't enough to get people excited, I don't know what is! ;)

Playing this courtesy of PS+ and damn is it good. It doesn't look like much but it sure is fun as hell to play. Trying to perfect every stage is like crack.

Played the demo on the Vita recently after seeing the announcement of the Velocity 2X for the PS4, never heard of it before
Wow really impressed by the game design.

Does anyone know if PS+ games ever come back onto IGC?, I missed this the first time it was on there [EU] and was not sure if they only ever get added once.

Trying to blast through Guacamelee! prior to getting this game.

Number45

Does anyone know if PS+ games ever come back onto IGC?, I missed this the first time it was on there [EU] and was not sure if they only ever get added once.
Happened once or twice early in the service and there was uproar, so I wouldn't expect it. Could get a good sale price of course. :)

I got it in the IGC and donated £10 to Futurlab.

Top Bottom