• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Velocity Ultra |OT| High speed PSVita gaming - Show Thumb Respect

Number45

Do you still have to "grind" old levels to get to new ones in the remake ?
You need a certain amount of XP to unlock each zone, but I didn't have to go back and do any more than one successful run up to zone 42 (far from perfect runs as well). I've now gone back and perfected right up to zone 44 so it's not relevant any more.

EDIT: Also, competition

Jack_H_Print.jpg

Footos22

I perfected all 50 the day after I started playing it. Just waiting on the patch. I left it at 999 long range teleports. It's the last thing I need for the platinum. Love this game.

goddammitwalter

Neo Member
I have no idea what i missed but, in the progress menu everything seems to be completed yet i still cant get the Ripley Award which is the only trophy left for the platinum. Any ideas?

Wozman23

Made my entry for the competition yesterday. Quality art really isn't in my wheelhouse, so I opted to show off my minimal understanding of Photoshop.

BLDYnpWCUAAaax6.jpg

Plastic and metal are not worthy enough for Velocity's brilliance. That's why you have to get it in its raw, ethereal form of ones and zeros.

wouwie

First 23 stages Perfected.

I hope this is getting the love (money) that it deserves.

Exactly the same amount as i have. I finished all stages and perfected the first 23. I also rescued all civilians in the main missions but didn't get the throphy.

It's actually the first game where i have bothered looking in the trophy list to see if i could get a decent amount of those if i put in an effort. The game is so good. From a gameplay point of view, it's just pure fun.

I hope we're going to see a sequel, Futurlab.

hurzelein

Was a bit turned off at first, thought only the "speed" levels would get my full approve. But after getting into the controls and the mechanics, Wow it is such an awesome awesome game! Will defintily buy it when my Ps Plus ends in a few days.

There was a thread on neogaf where the developers made an offer to put your name in the game a certain screen, exclusively for neogaf-users. I was pretty interested in the game so I thre my name in.
Can someone help me and link to this particular thread or tell me where I can find my name?

Thank you!

Corto

PSY・S;60116409 said:
Any word on the NA release?

They will resubmit for last (hopefully) QA testing at SCEA today. Some extra legal shenanigans needed to be ironed out for the USA version. So... soon?

Carl

Yeah they re-submitted, so keep your fingers crossed it will be out soon and NA players can get in on the awsomeness. :)

RpgN

This patch is great! The invaders mini-game is much more pleasant to beat on level 4 and the fact that you can select level 4 even after you die once. Thank you for saving me time to finish that one.

Pretty much all the in-game trophies have been achieved except for 2 where you have to use long form teleport 500 and 1000 times. How do you get them? I thought you only have to place a pod and teleport back but the stats don't count how often I've done that, as if I never used that ability. Unless they mean something else here? Somebody please help!

Footos22

90th Platinum go! :D

Ive checked everday and nothing.

The one day i forget to check and BAM.
will download later today

Edit: Nevermind, used my phone as a hotspot to download the update.

Platinum 90 GET!

Great game, hope their is some DLC coming it really is my favourite game this year so far.

RpgN

Maybe they don't count the teleports until you've completed a level?

I'm starting to think my long form teleport count is glitched because I do complete levels and I must have done it at least once when a tutorial level introduced this mechanic for the first time, yet I don't even have one count. Unless I'm missing an important element that is. Did others get these in-game trophies? And if so, what did you do to get them?

Arukado

I'm starting to think my long form teleport count is glitched because I do complete levels and I must have done it at least once when a tutorial level introduced this mechanic for the first time, yet I don't even have one count. Unless I'm missing an important element that is. Did others get these in-game trophies? And if so, what did you do to get them?
I achieved the platinum yesterday, and for the long term teleport i dropped 2 capsules and started to teleport between them non stop. I didn't need to complete the stage for them to register.

Now, about the game, damn, what a ride. I had a lot of fun playing this. The touch teleport controls kind of break the game (or at least they make the game easier), but they made the game more enjoyable for me, so thanks futurlab.

In fact, double thanks, because i found myself in the game too:

8745043951_9fe52570b6.jpg

I look forward to your future endeavours.

RpgN

I achieved the platinum yesterday, and for the long term teleport i dropped 2 capsules and started to teleport between them non stop. I didn't need to complete the stage for them to register.

Now, about the game, damn, what a ride. I had a lot of fun playing this. The touch teleport controls kind of break the game (or at least they make the game easier), but they made the game more enjoyable for me, so thanks futurlab.

In fact, double thanks, because i found myself in the game too:

8745043951_9fe52570b6.jpg

I look forward to your future endeavours.

I tried your method over 500 times and the in-game trophy popped up. I now understand where the problem came from, the game doesn't count how many times you teleport (as in it's not included for reference). I expected as such because they do count how many times you kill monsters. Thank you for your help! Now I have the 1000 one left which is going to be tedious in one go but I might as well since it's the only trophy left.

Footos22

I tried your method over 500 times and the in-game trophy popped up. I now understand where the problem came from, the game doesn't count how many times you teleport (as in it's not included for reference). I expected as such because they do count how many times you kill monsters. Thank you for your help! Now I have the 1000 one left which is going to be tedious in one go but I might as well since it's the only trophy left.

It does count long form teleports!
i left the count at 999 before they uploaded the patch.

Did my one long form teleport this morning and got the plat

RpgN

It does count long form teleports!
i left the count at 999 before they uploaded the patch.

Did my one long form teleport this morning and got the plat

Oh god, it's in the stats map! I meant when it shows in the progress map next to the description of trophies. I can't believe I missed that. Oh well, platinum is unlocked :D

As for the game and how good it is. I played the minis one with the main 50 zones on perfect, I left the rest for the vita release to have a fresh experience. Even if that wasn't the case, I'd have still played the game again. Even after having a platinum, I could still see myself playing the game again. It's that good.

Not to mention the extra 20 missions, they're fun and add a lot of value. I love how they made their own versions of Invaders, Minesweeper and Snake along with Coconuts Dodge lite. It makes me wanna own the game forever and play those mini games.

It's difficult going back and playing the minis version now. The use of touch screen and right stick make the game more enjoyable to control, along with the game looking better on the big screen. Congrats on making a game that is worth remembering and playing over and over.

They've submitted to SCEA, so whenever it gets approved (assuming it does). Sounds like it's missed the boat for this week though. :(

Great, so ... maybe by Christmas.
I asked the Flying Hamster HD people about it's release in NA and was told "beginning of May" back in March and now they're saying 6/11 when I contacted them again. SCEA sure likes to prevent Vita owners from getting quality games.

Oh well, maybe US owners can get Velocity Ultra as a PS+ title in July! :lol

Ravage

Oh god, it's in the stats map! I meant when it shows in the progress map next to the description of trophies. I can't believe I missed that. Oh well, platinum is unlocked :D

As for the game and how good it is. I played the minis one with the main 50 zones on perfect, I left the rest for the vita release to have a fresh experience. Even if that wasn't the case, I'd have still played the game again. Even after having a platinum, I could still see myself playing the game again. It's that good.

Not to mention the extra 20 missions, they're fun and add a lot of value. I love how they made their own versions of Invaders, Minesweeper and Snake along with Coconuts Dodge lite. It makes me wanna own the game forever and play those mini games.

It's difficult going back and playing the minis version now. The use of touch screen and right stick make the game more enjoyable to control, along with the game looking better on the big screen. Congrats on making a game that is worth remembering and playing over and over.

I agree wholeheartedly. Spent lots of time on the mini version and this game is still easily worth the asking price.

RpgN

Quoting myself.

Do the in-game badges give a hint as to where these are?

No they don't. The secret areas are fairly easy to find though, just check the map to see if there are any small areas that stray off from your given path to not miss those more hidden ones.

Number45

Secret areas down! ^_^

I still have a load of locked missions, and I have no idea what the reaction test minigame is. :s

Please tell me I don't need to do all of those coconut dodge levels. D:

Footos22

Secret areas down! ^_^

I still have a load of locked missions, and I have no idea what the reaction test minigame is. :s

Please tell me I don't need to do all of those coconut dodge levels. D:

Reaction test is the snake Minigame

if your going for plat you have to finish coconut dodge
its pretty easy there's only a few levels. Didiit first time.
Just take the easy paths don't collect anything if you want.

On that note i just 100% coconut dodge revitalised.
almost as addictive as velocity. got 10th on the leaderboards too.

futurlab <3

crispyben

I just perfected zone 46, and as I'm tackling the scary final levels, I was wondering about teleporting and bombing, because it seems opinions vary wildly. Is touch teleport better or worse for quick movements? Is there another way to use bombs instead of the right stick?

Footos22

I just perfected zone 46, and as I'm tackling the scary final levels, I was wondering about teleporting and bombing, because it seems opinions vary wildly. Is touch teleport better or worse for quick movements? Is there another way to use bombs instead of the right stick?

You could use the right stick for bombs?

well colour me surprised.
I used square for teleport and o and left stick for bombs.

Found it pretty easy.

Top Bottom