• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the beginning of Season 2, after Hank and Dean 'died' where they were teasing people on Doc and Jonas Jr being 'the venture brothers' now
I think every season except for maybe season 5 and 6 the first episode had a different intro. Like one of them was rusty and Jonas Jr, another was monarch and Dr Mrs Blue Morpho

NEO0MJ

An idea that occurred to me is that both Monarch and Rusty are brothers, but were fathered by the Blue Morpho instead of Jonas in that double sex night. Jonas Jr is a dizygotic twin fathered by Jonas.

Venture

I just want a blue morpho show. It's been the best character change. I mean the monarch is amazing and all, but blue morpho is a breath of fresh air.
I would go for that. Although if we could only get one spin-off I'd rather have an Order of The Triad show. There's enough with Orpheus and Triana alone to fill a series. And Jefferson Twilight and The Alchemist are both terrific characters. Come to think of it, a show focused on Triana at magic school could be amazing with Jackson and Doc at the helm.

is there even a proper magic school? looks to me from the gathering of mages episode that it's more like self taught and mentor/apprentice situations more than a Hogwarts.

Rusty and Monarch are absolutely brothers. I can't believe it took until this season for me to work that one out, so good!

This season has been great. I don't think a single episode has missed the mark. I was hoping Think Tank would stick around a little longer though.

NEO0MJ

More like: what are the chances Manolo is the new form (or just a temporary one idk) of the Sovereign?

Isn't the sovereign dead? Shot while in bird form? I mean sure they didn't confirm the bird was dead on-screen but it would feel kinda ridiculous for him to come back.

wwm0nkey

More like: what are the chances Manolo is the new form (or just a temporary one idk) of the Sovereign?
I'm thinking Killenger honestly IF Manolo is posing as someone. He's tried to help a few people go on the path they should be on.

Hey, the show is still about the Venture Bros.

Pretty much. I'm liking the focus on Doc and Monarch. I like Hank and Dean too but prefer if they had their side adventures away from each other: Dean attending college and Hank trying to get with Wide Wale's daughter.

Zubz

Banned
Rofl you guys are looking way too far into it. Manolo is just some landscaper.

I mean, that's my guess, too, because Manolo hasn't actively tried to guide anyone anywhere. He found the Morpho Cave by accident, and has outright stated he doesn't care about The Monarch's career crisis (Although he did help with the Redusa incident). Assuming he's just there to fix The Monarch's house, all he did was stumble upon a secret passage in a home he was fixing up and notice a car in the cave.

However, even if it's been subtle, he's still moved the Morpho plot along, and the fact that he has repeatedly been shown/is a named character does give him some prominence. It's definitely possible that there's more to Manolo, though, especially in a show that pays attention to every detail like VB, and doubly so because shapeshifting & guiding someone to aspire to something greater is totally something Killinger would do. So really, this early on in the story, Manolo could end up as a megaton or a recurring, minor character.

Parch

I used to have a neighbor that talked like Dr. Orpheus. Dude was weird. I mean who wears a cape?
He would always wait until I was cutting the lawn to go in his backyard and practice his conjuring. Friggin' weirdo.
"You're not a necromancer, you dork. And stay away from my cat."

vypek

Loving this episode. Also I think for once I can tell most of the inspirations for villains this episode

daveo42

Banned
Man, this is an absolute insane episode. Doom Legion group is amazing. Best arc group ever.

I would have also opted for a hay ride before sticking his dart in her ass. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom