• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

This season has been amazing so far.

The villains have been great but sucks a bit they kill them off each episode.

I'm okay with it and like this kind of routine they are trying out that seems to be an issue in the IGN review posted earlier. The villain of the week thing is kind of cool to me and they are getting rid of pretty random, no-name people. I'll be displeased if a long standing villain goes down.

Doom factory was a good group I wouldn't mind the survival of though. But villain deaths are necessary for the guild stuff going on.

Just don't kill Brick Frog.

Lokimaru

All I could think about...

46335540.jpg

Just watched it. Fantastic. Hank really got her interested in him like a boss. And the 4 different albinos line made me laugh.

and of course

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

DUDE

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

SoulUnison

Banned
"You're the boss, Applesauce." was as goddamn creepy as it was hilarious. Absolutely came out of nowhere and I had to pause and catch my breath before I could get back to the show.

Inumbris

Oh man, I loved loved LOVED this episode!

On thing I'm wondering is: Rusty and the Blue Morpho were face-to-face at the end of the episode, with Malcom even shouting at Rusty about the explosion. What are the chances that Venture figures out that Malcom is the Blue Morpho from the voice/build/hair colour alone?

I suppose he could still be distraught after losing his research and 15 minutes of fame, not being able to put the details together. Or I guess he might not even care (at least until the Guild starts upping their game against the Blue Morpho and wrongly targets Rusty).

I'm just waiting for the episode where everything returns to the status quo. This 'Rusty living the high life' thing isn't gonna last more than a season. Neither is having PW the whole time again.

They'll likely have Rusty lose all of the money except for enough to rebuild their old home, Brock goes back to OSI as Rusty isn't a high profile client anymore, and Hank has to leave his new GF as their families are too different and he has to move away.

But then again, Dean being in college also might mean they gotta keep the family in NY unless they have Dean kicked out of college. Which knowing their creators and their love to fuck with Dean, is likely lol

I'm just waiting for the episode where everything returns to the status quo. This 'Rusty leaving the high life' thing isn't gonna last more than a season. Neither is having PW the whole time again.

They'll likely have Rusty lose all of the money except for enough to rebuild their old home, Brock goes back to OSI as Rusty isn't a high profile client anymore, and Hank has to leave his new GF as their families are too different and he has to move away.

But then again, Dean being in college also might mean they gotta keep the family in NY unless they have Dean kicked out of college. Which knowing their creators and their love to fuck with Dean, is likely lol

Part of me feels like Doc and Jackson know what we are expecting, and will let this all play for longer than we think. But who knows.

Opto

Banned
I hope they stay in New York. Too many homes were destroyed last season that going back to the southwest would wipe away too much building in this season. Like literal building, the Monarch's house isn't even finished yet

Exodust

Banned
I'm happy with the change. The show didn't need any freshening up(it changes things all the time) but I really like this change of setting. Hope they stick to it for a bit going forward.

I still miss the Order of the Triad, btw. Hell, I want to see more happen with Dermott. I guess I miss some of the staples of the old setting, while really liking the aesthetic of the new setting.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I half expect Rusty to end up as The Monarch at this rate.

It's be pretty neat if the setup for next season is Monarch staying as the Blue Morpho and Rusty becoming a Guild member for their new arching relationship. Even if it's just a one episode thing before things return to normal, I'd love to see it.

Cuburt

I'm just waiting for the episode where everything returns to the status quo. This 'Rusty living the high life' thing isn't gonna last more than a season. Neither is having PW the whole time again.

Well, Rust did just have all his equpiment stolen by the Doom Factory before they got all blown up.

Maybe we will see the repercussions of that by the end of the season.

Sapiens

Back to sold out or I would.

Thats cool - I took some measures.

First thing I did was email AS to see if they would budge.

Second thing I did was sign up for a myus account - and I was able to order a set - so hopefully I don't get raped too hard on their service charges.

So good news 1.

Good news 2 is that AS actually send me a set of super hi-rez posters via email (6400x8000 pxls) - a 115 MB file - here's the link:

http://bit.ly/1U7kMdi - this is their link, so dl before it disappears. I don't think I've seen this rez for the posters anywhere else online.

I guess we can have our own printed now (it's all four of them).

Thats cool - I took some measures.

First thing I did was email AS to see if they would budge.

Second thing I did was sign up for a myus account - and I was able to order a set - so hopefully I don't get raped too hard on their service charges.

So good news 1.

Good news 2 is that AS actually send me a set of super hi-rez posters via email (6400x8000 pxls) - a 115 MB file - here's the link:

http://bit.ly/1U7kMdi - this is their link, so dl before it disappears. I don't think I've seen this rez for the posters anywhere else online.

Whoa! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

NEO0MJ

Secret best part.

25323139800_5d4594337c_z.jpg

The moment the Monarch realized his addiction to being the Blue Morpho might be a problem...and continued donning the suit anyway.

Sweet. Maybe I'll finally be able to print it because it will now be easier to edit rusty out :p

vypek

I don't know that much about ratings but aren't those numbers great? I mean considering the network and time the show is airing?

I don't know that much about ratings but aren't those numbers great? I mean considering the network and time the show is airing?
My understanding is that yes they're pretty great especially if you consider the time slot, the cable channel, the specific audience and how many people are moving to no cable television

somedevil

My understanding is that yes they're pretty great especially if you consider the time slot, the cable channel, the specific audience and how many people are moving to no cable television

Yeah, I believe it as well because I can never watch it live due to work. The show at midnight does better numbers than Archer but Rick and Morty beats it. I wonder though what the show would do if it aired at 11 like Rick and Morty does.

Pein

Banned
Rick and morty just has a bigger audience if I had to guess. Love both shows but Rick and morty has that new show smell.

not to mention there not a whole lot of deep continuity so you can basically just watch a random ep and be fine.

Got my posters and ordered last weeks shirt, gotta get that doom shirt too. He was such a weird but cool villain, that god watch line killed me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So I'm guessing the red grim reaper voiced by Clancy Brown is next week's villain. Wonder how he'll die haha?

HStallion

I feel Dr. Mrs. the Monarch has to find out about Blue Morpho this next episode.

I'm hoping Rusty takes over the Blue Morpho gig from the Monarch and steals all the infamy for himself. Maybe after crashing his brothers company into the ground but has the perfect excuse in that he was taking out Guild villains left and right. I could Rusty doing it for the glory and gives the Monarch yet another reason to arch him.

That or we find out that The Monarch is the actual son of Jonas Venture and he gets Ven Tech industries.

vypek

I didn't realize it was getting better ratings than Archer. That is a little surprising. I think Rick and Morty and Venture Bros. are both solid shows though. Don't know if I can pick one over the other. Love them bosh a lot. Same issue for both where they don't come out nearly soon enough as I want and their seasons are too short.

Opto

Banned
I predict the end of the Monarch marriage. The slow build up to the house being finished only to be all for naught when Dr Mrs. the Monarch leaves him

Zubz

Banned
I predict the end of the Monarch marriage. The slow build up to the house being finished only to be all for naught when Dr Mrs. the Monarch leaves him

Sadly, I see that happening, too. I mean, there's a 3rd costume pod in the Morpho Cave, so there's a chance that Dr. MTM joins with her husband after discovering an attempt from, say, Wide Wale to overthrow the GCI, realizing that her husband's unscrupulous methods are an easier way to weed out traitorous Guild members (Like Molotov did to the OSI last season). However, it's also possible that they build up that 3rd pod, only for it to be unusued.
Or used by Manolo

vypek

I was thinking of that during the last episode where she would leave him if she found out he is Blue Morpho. Definitely not a development that I would like in the show.

Speaking of ratings, this season's ratings are bad compared to their previous one. Could be a couple of factors: the fact this season is more serialized compared to previous, the long wait between seasons.

It'll be a shame if a season 7 isn't greenlit because of it. This season has been the shot in the arm the Venture Bros. series needed.

vypek

Speaking of ratings, this season's ratings are bad compared to their previous one. Could be a couple of factors: the fact this season is more serialized compared to previous, the long wait between seasons.

It'll be a shame if a season 7 isn't greenlit because of it. This season has been the shot in the arm the Venture Bros. series needed.

I want to and hope its just the fact that the wait between seasons is long. To be honest, I was caring about it less after waiting so long combined with the fact that I didn't think season 5 was too great.

I want to and hope its just the fact that the wait between seasons is long. To be honest, I was caring about it less after waiting so long combined with the fact that I didn't think season 5 was too great.

I liked Season 5. Sure it wasn't the best but still. I believe another factor is the timeslot. When Rick and Morty premiered on a Monday, it was at a 10:30pm timeslot and I believe the show is even more explicit than the Venture Bros. I kind of wish VB was given an earlier time slot like 11pm or 11:30pm.

Inumbris

Wow, thanks so much for the link!

I'm in Australia, so postage is a big no-go for me. I'll definitely get a couple printed at some point.

For now though, with a little cropping and editing, I have a gorgeous new phone wallpaper.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Too bad Venture Bros is a much much better show.

I don't know anybody creatively involved with Venture Brothers since they are east coast, but I do know talent behind Rick and Morty, and it appears both parties have an insane amount of mutual respect for one another, so don't play that game!

For the longest, I'm trying to remember where Hank's speech to Sirena at the Ninja Restaurant came from, now I remember: an excerpt from Billy Wilder's film 'The Apartment'

HStallion

I don't know anybody creatively involved with Venture Brothers since they are east coast, but I do know talent behind Rick and Morty, and it appears both parties have an insane amount of mutual respect for one another, so don't play that game!

The team behind the Venture Brothers are the snappier dressers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom