• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
what the shit
4tCIK.gif

daveo42

Banned
Holy shit at that ending. Was waiting for that Doom Boom, but that timing. So good. Also, I almost wish they had stuck around longer. Best arc ever.

That Ninja restaurant needs to exist.

Edit: Now I need to go to NYC to go to that ninja place.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Brilliant episode.
The villains were so out there it was amazing. I don't think the joke could have worked again so the delayed explosion makes sense.
Awesome that Hank finally succeeded at getting a girl. Well there was Nikki but he purposely forgot about that.
Blue Morpho really is the best thing to happen to this show.

Raxus

Yeah this season has been pretty flawless. Shame we only have 2 episodes left.

I thought the waiter sounded like Nathan Fillion and then he put on the costume lol.

daveo42

Banned
Brilliant episode.
The villains were so out there it was amazing. I don't think the joke could have worked again so the delayed explosion makes sense.
Awesome that Hank finally succeeded at getting a girl. Well there was Nikki but he purposely forgot about that.
Blue Morpho really is the best thing to happen to this show.

At least he had a good reason to. At least it'll make for a great episode when Hank find's out he's father to Dermott's brother.

I still want to see a Dean growth season, though I agree it is good to see Hank moving on up.

Raxus

I hope the Guild doesn't kill The Monarch when they find out he's the Blue Morpho.

There is still way too much story for The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch especially after her near death experience makes them relatively immune to plot threads. I think this season/the 1 hour special in 2 years will have them confront one another about what is going on now.

Opto

Banned
So I think that was the first time
Brock's no gun rule was implied to be anything more than "guns are fruity"

Based on the frame rate of TF2 that Doc and Hatred were playing, I'm guessing it was the PS3 version.

Also, I don't know how long this price will last, but S5 bluray is $12.96 on Amazon.
link

Nether!

Ah! So amazing!
What a great episode.
They can expand the cast with great character designs and then kill them off the same episode.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
One thing I just realized is that in All this and Gargantua 2 Brock says Jonas doesn't buy into the whole super scientist and super villain stuff. So it doesn't make sense that Wide Whale would be expecting payment from the Venture Corporation when Rusty moves in and get mad at him when his payments are short.

TTG

This season has been great, tonight's episode the best so far. Funniest thing I've seen on tv in a while and it may very well stay that way depending on what direction Veep goes this season. Makes me regret erasing the entire series I had on my DVR, I would love to go back and watch it from the beginning.

It's just so goddamn dense with great characters and plot lines. I guess that's the benefit of taking almost three years between seasons.

Labolas

Man, one episode left. I mean, this season went by super fast. Venture Bros remains as one of my favorite comedy cartoons of all time. The only one I can think of that has been consistently good is Rick and Morty.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Finally caught up with this season after being insanely busy these last few weeks. Damn this might be their best season yet. Its built upon so many different story lines over so many seasons to get here but its great seeing all these characters adapting to their new home and dare I say it, actually succeeding at things. I'm sure it will all come crashing down in a giant fiery mess because of some colossal fuck up by Rusty or the Monarch but until it does, glad to see so much progress made.

I'm happy for Dean but he's been on this trajectory for a while, who I'm actually glad is getting some progress is Brock. The whole bit with the God Gas was great and like others, really enjoyed the Think Tank character and episode, too bad he went out so fast.

AV Club: Hank goes on a date and Blue Morpho strikes again on The Venture Bros. - A-
Is this the most structured Venture Bros. season ever? Previous seasons have had over-arching plots, but those plots have largely been parceled out over the course of several comparatively standalone entries; if I had one major criticism of the show is that its narrative economy occasional borders on the abrupt. But it worked, for the most part. This time, Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer seem to be trying something new. The show feels more heavily serialized than ever, and what’s more, each episode seems to be building on the last in a way I don’t remember happening before.

It Happening One Night is up for streaming:
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/it-happening-one-night/ (cable login required)

Clip method (no cable login needed, I guess it's slightly more inconvenient? Maybe there are more ads? I dunno):
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/it-happening-one-night-pt-1//
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/it-happening-one-night-pt-2/
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/it-happening-one-night-pt-3/
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/it-happening-one-night-pt-4/
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/it-happening-one-night-pt-5/

IGN: "Why did it have to be ninjas?" - 7.4
The Venture Bros. Season 6 has settled into a comfortable formula over the past several weeks, and "It Happening One Night" didn't do much to rock the boat. Once again a new group of parody villains surfaced to menace the Venture family, only for Blue Morpho and Kano to bumble their way into wiping these new villains off the map. It's a formula that has worked and continues to work, thought not quite as well this time around.

NEO0MJ

I love the Monarch's enthusiasm as the Blue Morpho. He has a spark in his eye that shines almost as much as his hatred for Venture.

Also, I wanted to see if Mrs.The Monarch could really change in less than 20 seconds ( ._.)

One thing I just realized is that in All this and Gargantua 2 Brock says Jonas doesn't buy into the whole super scientist and super villain stuff. So it doesn't make sense that Wide Whale would be expecting payment from the Venture Corporation when Rusty moves in and get mad at him when his payments are short.

JJ doesn't enjoy the whole arching thing so he probably payed them off to keep them away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom