• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Oh man that episode was great. Good to have the Venture Bros back.

Sounds like a whale of a tale Dr. Mrs. The Monarch has for her hubby. Also, "Radical Left" and "Night Dick" are amazing names.

Epcott

It's been so long, and that was fantastic. I was so use to Hatred but good to see competent Brock back. What happened to Underbeit and Fat Chance? Did they not return to the Guild?

So tempted to get on that t shirt subscription but I've wasted so much money lately :/
But I wanted to get in on the season 2 or was it season 3 t shirt sub but missed out

Last episode I saw was the home prom , how many seasons have I missed haha?

Pretty good episode , Brock the god X lol all these heroes

Labolas

Wow, I can't believe how much I missed watching Venture Bros. Easily one of the best animated shows on tv. And one of the smartest as well.

I didn't realize that they added the new one's to Hulu soon after they air, they do this with all the adult swim shows they have on there?

I'm actually not even sure if they do honestly. But I saw they have all the seasons of this and other AS shows. I guess I'll find out if I have to watch it here or in Adult Swim's website.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I am still not sure what the proposal was.

Basically when she saves the Monarch she says that the Wale is Ventures Arch and the monarch being there is against the rules and thus guild business. That's what she meant her husband would be jealous she would have to give Venture to the wale to keep him in the guild.

AVClub: Venture Bros. returns with a new look and the same style - A-
AV Club said:
When last we left Team Venture, some major shit had gone down. The Venture compound was in flames, courtesy of the Monarch; the Sovereign, having murdered most of the Council of Thirteen, was apparently (and inadvertently) killed while escaping his compound; Dr. Mrs. The Monarch had been shot; Dean and Doctor Venture had a moment together; and Jonas Venture Jr., the Arnold Schwarzenegger to Rusty’s Danny DeVito, was dead, sacrificing his cancer ridden body in the explosion of the space station that served as the culmination of his scientific exploits. The status quo had been more or less destroyed.
NEW SHIRT!
eLTrIam.jpg

$20: http://www.titmousestuff.com/products/hostile-makovervbsc
Or subscribe (only until 2/7)!

Askani

Basically when she saves the Monarch she says that the Wale is Ventures Arch and the monarch being there is against the rules and thus guild business. That's what she meant her husband would be jealous she would have to give Venture to the wale to keep him in the guild.

This is what I got from it. The sex angle is too easy and things aren't that easy with this show.

EDIT :::::

GOD I wish I could get in on the shirt club. :/

Venture

That was pretty great. I didn't get the Wide Wale thing at first. That had to be Doc Hammer's idea, LOL. Can't wait to see Hank and Wale's daughter(?) get together.

Wasn't expecting the Council to be so tiny, damn. I thought Watch and Ward might get promoted and Phage would get his place back. Did Fat Chance die on Gargantua 2?

daveo42

Banned
Ugh...I can't justify spending $150 on shirts. >_<

Edit: ^So that's the bit with Wide Whale? Not familiar with it, but got the fact he was wearing corduroy.

If last season is any indication it should be up on Watch AS tomorrow, though you'll need a cable login to watch. They may put the premiere on YouTube, they've done that in the past too.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So glad to have this show back. I'm thinking about doing the shirt club this season. How are they, quality-wise?

So glad to have this show back. I'm thinking about doing the shirt club this season. How are they, quality-wise?
Great. I've done the previous two (though the first and second were very different) and the shirts are still in great shape after a ton of trips through the wash.

I almost forgot this was airing tonight. So happy I remembered last second and was able to catch it. Great episode with a lot of good one liners. I missed the Venture Bros; I'm happy it's back.

Also, that shirt club is so tempting!! That price tag is a little steep though :/

What they had to add a 36 sec epilogue online. It wasn't attached to the show?
It had its usual post-credits sequence but this would've caused the show to run long which AS doesn't generally allow. So rather than lose the sequence they posted it online; they've done the same in the past for this show.

Akahige

It had its usual post-credits sequence but this would've caused the show to run long which AS doesn't generally allow. So rather than lose the sequence they posted it online; they've done the same in the past for this show.
Alright I see, I know the special had an epilogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom