• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkscz

I was at work so I missed it. Hopefully adult swim puts it up on their website like the did Rick and Morty.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I like it. Not as strong as the last season opener, but a lot stronger then I might have worried about. The status quo change is the sort of thing that hurt Archer but Venture Bros. is usually introspective enough to handle well, so I'm not too worried

Durden77

I like it. Not as strong as the last season opener, but a lot stronger then I might have worried about. The status quo change is the sort of thing that hurt Archer but Venture Bros. is usually introspective enough to handle well, so I'm not too worried

It would be EXTREMELY hard for a standard 30 minute premier to ever top the hour long finale esque "What Color is your Cleansuit?". That episode is godlike.

But yeah, especially after seeing this episode, I'm not worried at all about the Venture Bros New York, just excited.

Akahige

I shouldn't be shocked but I am, that was damn great episode, I loved the fast pace after the longer special, and how crazy the thing became with all the superheroes showing up.

tkscz

Only EIGHT episodes this season?

OH FFS :(

Truly the Berserk of Western TV Animation :(

Also poor Dr. Mrs. The Monarch :(

Season 5 and 6 were supposed to be one big season, but FFS made it so they got the three more seasons they were looking for, but only by splitting 5 into two (at least that's what I remember reading when season 5 came out).

Also, completely forgot I could buy the episodes the moment they comeout on amazon. Got to say, amazing first episode, much better than season 5's starting episode (not the Halloween special).
Spoilers ahead, do not click if you haven't watched.

I like how Dean is progressing here. We saw in the last episode of Season 5 that he actually is taking a big interest in super science on his own, even going to the college he wants to. I like how they made it that he hated science because his dad forced it on him, but when he chooses it on his own, he finds he's good at it, and even enjoys it.

That ending had me going. I thought Shela was going to have sex with that whale man. Didn't think she was going to give up Dr. Venture to someone else. Man, Malcolm is getting the shit stick right now. I bet he becomes the sovereign

Nether!

YES!
So so good.
Love that Brock's back full time.
New York seems to be very super hero-y, my only wish is that we see the "Ninja Turtles" this season,
Looking forward to the last 7 episodes, this one went by so quick with everything they jammed in.

Tubobutts

I don't know why, since it isn't really anymore ridiculous than "Dr. Girlfriend", but The Monarch calling her "Dr. My Wife" is great.

Epcott

Well, checked Hulu... No season 6, not even Gargantua 2.

Yeah, CN and AS shows are somewhat caught up, but they never air their current seasons or recent episodes (Rick and Morty, for instance, only shows season 1).

tkscz

Well, checked Hulu... No season 6, not even Gargantua 2.

Yeah, CN and AS shows are somewhat caught up, but they never air their current seasons or recent episodes (Rick and Morty, for instance, only shows season 1).

Pretty much have to do it via Amazon, but there you either have to pay $21 for the full season or $3 an episode (which is $3 off if you buy individual episodes). To support the show I bought the entire season.

I don't know why, since it isn't really anymore ridiculous than "Dr. Girlfriend", but The Monarch calling her "Dr. My Wife" is great.

Well we know her real name was Shela. But no one ever calls those two by their real name but me.

Tizoc

Henchman 21
in his undies killed me.
Also Drug Addict Pirate Captain was golden
God I missed this show.

So glad to have this back on the air.

People on AV Club pointed out that the Captain America rip-off is the teacher/bully at Dean's college.

Durden77

Damn, I think I'm going to watch this episode again. Too much good stuff in this show.

Bout to myself right now. My roomate has cable and I never use it, but I'm so happy I have it right now. DVR FTW.

Also, it was really weird seeing Brock actually be beaten. Has that ever actually happened? I mean with more time he may have found a way out, but the Crusaders had him there. I did love him making the Hawkeye dude fumble and shit though. And the foot arrows. God man it's so good.

-Gozer-

It's so great to see some new Venture bros. I really needed that in my life atm.

It's been so long, and that was fantastic. I was so use to Hatred but good to see competent Brock back. What happened to Underbeit and Fat Chance? Did they not return to the Guild?

I think Fat Chance was left unconscious on Gargangua-2. Which sucks because I thought he was a great character.

I'm not sure what happened to Underbeit.

Akahige

I think Fat Chance was left unconscious on Gargangua-2. Which sucks because I thought he was a great character.

I'm not sure what happened to Underbeit.
Yeah only Phantom Limb and Radical Left came through his portal at the end of the episode, so I guess it's possible he is alive since his portal transported them there.

vypek

Liked the episode. A nice part of the episode that I always look forward to is the credit nickname that Kimson Albert uses. Its always a line from the episode.

Labolas

Also, it was really weird seeing Brock actually be beaten. Has that ever actually happened? I mean with more time he may have found a way out, but the Crusaders had him there. I did love him making the Hawkeye dude fumble and shit though. And the foot arrows. God man it's so good.

I don't recall Brock being actually beaten in a fight. I think that this is a first.

Zubz

Banned
Man, this was a great premiere! I'm liking the superhero focus this episode's going to have.
I'm actually a wee bit disappointed that Brock's the bodyguard again. I mean, he's fantastic, and I like that he's going to be tied to Not-Wonder Woman-but-also-Thor, but I actually started liking have Hatred as a regular and Brock during special occasions in Season 5. Speaking of which, I kind of want Henchman Uno to become a thing, too

Either way, I'm glad to see Venture Bros. is back, and that [as] is trying to reassure everyone that the wait between S6 & S7 won't be so long! The time slot's a bit worrying, though; they've always tried to show big new premieres at 11:30 on Sunday, not 12. Oh well. I'm strapped in for the next 7 episodes!

Season 5 and 6 were supposed to be one big season, but FFS made it so they got the three more seasons they were looking for, but only by splitting 5 into two (at least that's what I remember reading when season 5 came out).

That ending had me going. I thought Shela was going to have sex with that whale man. Didn't think she was going to give up Dr. Venture to someone else. Man, Malcolm is getting the shit stick right now. I bet he becomes the sovereign

Yeah. Plus, "What Color is your Cleansuit" and "All This and Gargantua-2" counted as 2 episodes for their respective seasons; even if they didn't air with the other 8 episodes, those specials bump both seasons up to a solid 10. I mean, I'd love it if the seasons were longer, but 10's a good number, IMO. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Croc, but at least it meant we had 2 episodes' worth of Venture Bros. during what would have been a long-ass hiatus!

And yeah.
I had a feeling something was up because The Monarchs are confirmed swingers, right down to Malcom joining in when Shiela was with Phantom Limb. Still, it's amusing to see The Monarch have to fight for the arching rights for Dr. Venture again. I'd love it if he

Damn. No Hulu new episodes, and AS you need a cable subscription. Guess my only option is to wait and see if by next episode they make episode 1 available in AS for free.

Worst comes to worst I'll buy the season on Amazon for 20.

Venture

I also noticed another character name was Dot Comm. I still want to know what is the name of that purple baseball player villian.
This is just a guess but I think he's Purple Rose, or something close to that.
24765070885_a38823bb6d.jpg

These are the rest of the new characters at Don Hell's:

Dot Comm we know from the credits.
24138227393_3cbf1064e5_o.jpg

I have no idea on these two but it's fun to speculate.
24397424819_42b8578d27_o.jpg
24671579121_6c537fdfec_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom