• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crackpot theory time:

When this teaser was released, it teased a man in blue killing villains, who looked an awful lot like Doctor Venture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WL4XfBTCe0

Except going on a vigilante killing spree isn't in Rusty's character. It's too much effort for too little credit. But you know who has a lot of facial similarities to Doc?

The Monarch.

Now that he's barred from Arching the Ventures officially, he has to find another way to carry out his hatred.

What if he's dressing up and styling his goatee like Rusty while killing villains to raise Doc's threat level within the Guild, so that they throw all their resources at him - Arching him by proxy?

aett

Crackpot theory time:

When this teaser was released, it teased a man in blue killing villains, who looked an awful lot like Doctor Venture:

Except going on a vigilante killing spree isn't in Rusty's character. It's too much effort for too little credit. But you know who has a lot of facial similarities to Doc?

The Monarch.

Now that he's barred from Arching the Ventures officially, he has to find another way to carry out his hatred.

What if he's dressing up and styling his goatee like Rusty while killing villains to raise Doc's threat level within the Guild, so that they throw all their resources at him - Arching him by proxy?

It DOES say that he has "murdering gadgets" and a "larger, possibly more deadly friend with him"...

vypek

Crackpot theory time:

The Monarch.

I forgot about this trailer but I think you are really onto something.

Crackpot theory time:

The Monarch.

Seems bang-on to me. Dang, I cut that trailer from the OP too since it mostly dealt with Gargantua.

ALSO!
IGN: Team Venture is on top of the world - 8.3
IGN said:
The two-and-a-half-year gap between the fifth and six seasons of The Venture Bros. is, unfortunately, par for the course at this point. There's a newfound sense of urgency with this new season, though. The Venture Bros. has acquired stiff new competition in the form of shows like Bojack Horseman and Rick and Morty, and this new season needs to prove that Team Venture still has what it takes to stand out. Luckily, it's clear from the Season 6 premiere that Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer haven't lost their edge.

Zubz

Banned
Crackpot theory time

Huh. I forgot all about that teaser, too; I think I wrote it off completely when I realized it had no bearing on Gargantua, but I can totally see that being The Monarch's story while his wife's off on the Council. Plus, "Bigger, more deadly" friend could just as easily mean 21 as it does Brock...

So any guesses as to what Hatred's up to in that ending? Like, is he bodyguarding from a distance?

Venture

Huh. I forgot all about that teaser, too; I think I wrote it off completely when I realized it had no bearing on Gargantua, but I can totally see that being The Monarch's story while his wife's off on the Council. Plus, "Bigger, more deadly" friend could just as easily mean 21 as it does Brock...

So any guesses as to what Hatred's up to in that ending? Like, is he bodyguarding from a distance?
Appears to be. I wonder if he quit the OSI or if he's just watching over the Ventures in his off time.

finally watched the episode via the clip method of dividing it in 5 parts. I fail to see the point if they play automatically one after the other, it's exactly like the adult swim videos when they have breaks/ads

Regardless can I just join the choir and say that Helper was MVP this episode?

Musolf815

Amazing news! Probably has to do with the timing and length of the season. He already has family Guy as a steady paycheck.

Looking forward to the new season.

And it really helps that Warburton's son loves Venture Bros. Taking Brock off was originally supposed to have been wrapped up in two episodes:

Nrama: It seems we have Brock back in the fold, how will that affect things later on, especially with the Sgt. Venture still with the family?

Hammer: Well, Brock’s there for the fans, mostly. He’s there so we don’t have to deal with another season without Brock.

Publick: [Laughs] Yeah, that’s mainly us just giving our fans what they want. “There you go! Remember him?” A couple of years ago, we got rid of Brock and thought we were going to bring him back in two episodes...well...much like anything with Venture Bros, it takes us about five years to accomplish it.

http://www.newsarama.com/27574-venture-bros-creators-homage-marvel-comics-in-new-season.html

Ok from watching the musical season 6 trailer and the extended trailer I have seen two observations of Hank and Dean putting it in spoilers just in case people didn't want trailer spoilers I guess:

- Hank: Hank definitely seems to continue to see the gill girl, so his arc this season will likely be a romantic one. I'm sure they'll do a Romeo and Juliet joke considering they're part of two warring companies and 'good' vs evil.

- Dean: Dean might have finally caught his break of doing nothing compared to Hank. Seems like he has a magic inclination or gains superpowers ala spiderman. We see him levitating/lifting Brock easily in the musical trailer, and doing incantations in the extended trailer

I've always rooted for Dean to get a proper arc since Hank has been getting like ALL of the attention and arc development while Dean was left as the moodie 'life is meaningless' teen for a while. So I'm really happy with this development if true. I hope the creators don't continue their mean streak towards Dean while they let Hank have all the fun.

HUELEN10

Is it a good thing, or a bad thing, that I am planning to get a free trial of Sling every week just to watch this?

Can't wait for tonight's!

Zubz

Banned
Ok from watching the musical season 6 trailer and the extended trailer I have seen two observations of Hank and Dean putting it in spoilers just in case people didn't want trailer spoilers I guess:

- Hank: Hank definitely seems to continue to see the gill girl, so his arc this season will likely be a romantic one. I'm sure they'll do a Romeo and Juliet joke considering they're part of two warring companies and 'good' vs evil.

- Dean: Dean might have finally caught his break of doing nothing compared to Hank. Seems like he has a magic inclination or gains superpowers ala spiderman. We see him levitating/lifting Brock easily in the musical trailer, and doing incantations in the extended trailer

I've always rooted for Dean to get a proper arc since Hank has been getting like ALL of the attention and arc development while Dean was left as the moodie 'life is meaningless' teen for a while. So I'm really happy with this development if true. I hope the creators don't continue their mean streak towards Dean while they let Hank have all the fun.

Spider powers or Magic, Super Dean should be pretty interesting; I definitely see it happening with the CAL being a thing now. I wonder if the Guild'll give him an arch?

HUELEN10

Ordered a Venture Techno Industries shirt! There's only 12 more minutes to order that or the shirt club, so get on it girls!

Got the Sling up, lets do this!

Sou Da

Poor pirate. He fell off the ship.

Don't you mean on the ship?

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom