• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the first soundtrack ever come out in vinyl?

It did. I randomly picked it up in a record shop a few years ago. You can probably find it on discogs pretty easily.

Cover art is pretty cool too:

The%20Venture%20Bros-The-Music-of-JG-Thirlwell.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first I heard about this, and I don't see mention of it in the thread from a couple searches. It's already up for preorder on Amazon however. I know I'll be picking that up.

I'll totally get this...but part of me wonders if it's going to be packaged with the season 6 Blu-ray, like how the previous OST was handled.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'll totally get this...but part of me wonders if it's going to be packaged with the season 6 Blu-ray, like how the previous OST was handled.
Well, when the first soundtrack was packaged with Season 3 in March 2009, then I believe it wasn't released individually until May. I would have to believe they won't release the soundtrack first and then later package it with S6.

Musolf815

Adult Swim just posted the apparent first page of the next episode's script, hidden on their website if you wanna search for a worm. Or just go here. So....Season 7 all but confirmed?

Adult Swim just posted the apparent first page of the next episode's script, hidden on their website if you wanna search for a worm. Or just go here. So....Season 7 all but confirmed?

Knowing [as], it's more likely that they just cancelled the show and are releasing that script page to mock us.

Zubz

Banned

I know this doesn't change how long the wait for S7 will be, but this is pretty great! I guess S7's overarching story will be about who the Investors are? Er... Were?

B.K.

I wonder if that's a page from the first leftover script from season six or a real season seven episode.

Musolf815

I should also note that the Adult Swim page for the script says "Exclusive Sneak Peek", so I'm hoping it's not just trolling the audience.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I know this doesn't change how long the wait for S7 will be, but this is pretty great! I guess S7's overarching story will be about who the Investors are? Er... Were?

I guess we'd finally learn more about Killinger if that's the case as he seems to be the only one of those entities left in the show that we know about. I always just assumed Killinger was the devil or something of the sorts but not so sure that is true anymore what with all the developments with the investors the last couple of seasons.

Krejlooc

Banned
Just caught up on season 6

lmfao billy quizboy, pete white, and Augustus St. Cloud continue to be my favorite part of the entire series. Every single one of their interactions is hilarious.

Bumping as I've now watched the last episode. I don't know how they continue to be so damn good at this show. It's is a consistent joy. Loved the Clancy Brown cameo - an excellent addition to the cast.

I loved the Blue Morpho arc and the new villains it offered up. The Monarch and 21's relationship is so enjoyable - I love how they treat friendship, small relationships and just real life baggage across the board - as usual - a delight to watch.

Zubz

Banned
Since this is on the front page, a press release from Turner lists Venture Bros as a "returning show"
Season 7 happening?

Link to the PR

I mean, it hasn't been confirmed, but Season 6 knocked things out of the park, and we do have a scan of the first page of S7E1. It's not officially confirmed, but it's definitely looking inevitable! Them referring to it as a "returning show" has me feeling more optimistic that it really will come out soon, though.

somedevil

I mean, it hasn't been confirmed, but Season 6 knocked things out of the park, and we do have a scan of the first page of S7E1. It's not officially confirmed, but it's definitely looking inevitable! Them referring to it as a "returning show" has me feeling more optimistic that it really will come out soon, though.

Seems so. They were interviewed saying they were already writing and not sure how close but had written the season finality which they ran out of episodes for.

Owari

So they had a panel at NYCC
Reddit said:
I watched the recorded version of the panel, last night, on the NYCC Twitch channel. It had over six hours of material from the main stage so The Venture Bros portion was near the end.
Orpheus and Dermott have both been written in to Season 7, though the latter in small doses.
They are finishing working on the scripts and they hope to start production in the next month or two.
They have said this before but the first episode of Season 7 will act as a finale to Season 6. (Much like how the Gargantua-2 special ended Season 5 on a proper note).
They are very conscious that the past two seasons have not had a proper finale and they are trying to fix that in Season 7.
While they have not been renewed for a Season 8, they HAVE NOT been cancelled.
I saw that tweet too and it completely took what Jackson and Doc said out of context. They were making a joke that they should tell people the show ended on Season 5 and pretend like Season 6 never happened.
In fact, they said they are specifically not writing Season 7 as if it were the last one.
Finally, The Art of the Venture Bros. is still a go! It has expanded into a much bigger book than they imagined and Ken Plume has been doing the work on it. It has material from all six seasons, and it sounds like an in-depth interview that spans the entire book.

Man I'm really excited about all of this.

starts at 05:35:43 https://www.twitch.tv/nycc/v/93516751

Musolf815

The S6 commentary is really great as usual. I really want them to get the riff they did about Dr. Venture getting into Grecco Roman wrestling to get into the show.

Zubz

Banned
So they had a panel at NYCC

Huh. They write each season like it's the last, so it's a bit weird of them to take a different approach this time, especially because knowing [as]'s unpredictability/handling of the Metalocalypse ending, I'm always worried they'll do something stupid with the show like cancel it. Still, I'm very hyped for S7.

jstripes

Banned
Just caught up on season 6

lmfao billy quizboy, pete white, and Augustus St. Cloud continue to be my favorite part of the entire series. Every single one of their interactions is hilarious.

I finally got caught up myself. The last few episodes really were a return to form.

I still think Billy Quizboy and Pete White are the worst part of the show. Anything other than small doses of them, and the show loses direction and turns into what feels like a different show. The flow is disrupted. It's like that guy in your group who interrupts the discussion and derails it into completely tangential stuff no one cares about until he gets bored of people ignoring him and shuts up.

Peco

I hope I'm not mistaken but the pilot aired exactly 14 years ago today (February 16, 2003).

Also, do you guys think this series is underappreciated by the mainstream masses? I've seen this question pop up a lot lately so I wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

Not that I mind it being a niche show but still, I think it's worth discussing.

I hope I'm not mistaken but the pilot aired exactly 14 years ago today (February 16, 2003).

Also, do you guys think this series is underappreciated by the mainstream masses? Not that I mind it being a niche show but still, I've seen this question pop up a lot lately so I wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

Man you just broke my heart

Was so excited for a premier date

😔

To answer you're question, yea I feel it's under appreciated. Very funny show just as good as rick and north and bobs burgers

vypek

Wow. I can't believe its been 14 years. Really makes me wish we had more seasons over that time.

I don't think its underappreciated though. The series seems to get a lot of love and high praise.

Zubz

Banned
Well, this was a mild heart attack.

But wow, 14 years, huh? That pilot was absolute garbage; I wouldn't've picked up the show if I was in [as]'s shoes... Which is probably for the best, since it ended up being my favorite show of all time.

The show's definitely underappreciated. It's written from a place of love towards the old shows & comics it takes inspiration from, but manages to make a realistic feeling world out of it. The writing's also top-notch: the show's dedication to callbacks is some next level stuff. There're entire side-stories that don't register unless you binge; it's too subtle to remember these details years apart from one another. Even if Venture Bros. isn't remembered in its time, it will be remembered far more fondly down the road.

Marven

Aw man, that bump gave me some high hopes. But ya, it's crazy there has only been 6 seasons in 14 years. Love the hell out of the show too. I'm glad Adult Swim.com plays it non-stop and I can watch it anytime I want.

Speaking of that, I'd say I watch it about every day and probably seen every episode several times. Just this week I caught I joke that I haven't noticed until now. Start of season 2, when 21 and 24 are in the henchmen recovery group, the first guy speaking is talking about how his villain died and ends the story with " I'm out of a job, right? Just like that. Sorry, Charlie." They call him Charlie from that point on even though his name tag says "Herman." I never noticed until now.

The bump had me screaming back into the thread with hopes of a premier date and memories of an unfinished season
still loved it

That said, 14 years? Incredibly hard to believe, even though I didn't start watching until the tail end of 2008, the quality has remained consistently great and it still feels fresh all these years later.

Finaj

I was going to start watching this series, but I decided to wait until the show has reached some sort of conclusion (which I recognize could take a long time) as I don't want to wait for years on end for new content.

By the way, why does it take them so long to make it? It has good animation, but nothing that amazing. Small staff?

Zubz

Banned
I was going to start watching this series, but I decided to wait until the show has reached some sort of conclusion (which I recognize could take a long time) as I don't want to wait for years on end for new content.

By the way, why does it take them so long to make it? It has good animation, but nothing that amazing. Small staff?

Small staff, & [adult swim] doesn't help fund the show outside of airing it. If you're an [as] show with quality behind it, & you're not Rick & Morty, the channel likely hates you.

I loved this show once but I didn't even watch season 6 because it had been so long. I'd forgotten everything, and I'll have to watch the entire thing again, which I'm not opposed to, except for the fact that this cycle will continue. I guess I will just continue ignoring it until it ends, which makes me sad.

Ogodei

It is insane that this became Adult Swim's longest running series once ATHF finally kicked the bucket. It's older than Squidbillies or Robot Chicken, which are still current.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
shit! 14 freaking years!? good god... this bump brings back some, unfortunately, bad memories. I used to really dig this show the same way I dig Archer right now. I had a friend back then who is the only other person I know that would be a bigger fan of the show then I am. I can't even remember if he turned me on to the show or the other way around. but in any case, I lost him back in 2013 (heart attack) and I can't enjoy the show the same way ever since.

Owari

Also, do you guys think this series is underappreciated by the mainstream masses? I've seen this question pop up a lot lately so I wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

Not that I mind it being a niche show but still, I think it's worth discussing.

Absolutely. No one gives the show a shot, I presume due to the abysmal animation of the first season .. It's a shame really. People are missing out on what is literally the best 2D animated show ever created because they're closed minded.

Happy 14th anniversary!

Man the fucking Mid to late season 3ish spoilers
Johnny Quest characters
showing up was so fucking amazing and bizarre.

And Iggy Pop.

Boem

News about new Venture Bros still freaks me out after all these years. I still always just assume it's been quietly cancelled - given the large gaps all the time it's almost a miracle it's still getting made at all.

Love this show and it's insane it's been 14 years now. This show rates alongside Arrested Development for me.

B.K.

Adult Swim has been showing older shows for the last couple weeks as part of the block's 15th anniversary. The bumpers at the beginning have little pieces of trivia. Tonight, they did The Venture Bros. The bumper said that it has been 543 days since season six and 422 until season seven.

Zubz

Banned
Adult Swim has been showing older shows for the last couple weeks as part of the block's 15th anniversary. The bumpers at the beginning have little pieces of trivia. Tonight, they did The Venture Bros. The bumper said that it has been 543 days since season six and 422 until season seven.

I hope they're joking with how far out that sounds, but frankly, 1 year & 2.5 months is probably a lenient guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom