• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Great episode. Red Death is da GOD. Saw stuff was on point, though I missed most of the pre-title bit. Feel a little disappointed in how things kind of wrapped up. Felt less like a season finale and more like just any other episode.

That ending tho...I guess love can bloom on the battlefield.

Edit: Yup, last week would have been more of a finale than this. Wandering Spider mess that up.

Zubz

Banned
The ship was the last scene ever for the show

It shows love can exist between two enemies

C'mon, man. A 3 year wait's painful, but it's just a wait! This Season killed in ratings; one of these days, we will see a Season 7.

Heh, wow.. Guess the Blue Morpho ride isn't even over yet. Foreshadowing by Dr. Mrs. anyways....

Anyone else thinking that this is what the Special will focus on?

B.K.

C'mon, man. A 3 year wait's painful, but it's just a wait! This Season killed in ratings; one of these days, we will see a Season 7.

But it's still three years! Who knows how many of us will even still be alive when season seven starts!

Zubz

Banned
But it's still three years! Who knows how many of us will even still be alive when season seven starts!

Well, the Special's already scripted, so it might just be a year-long wait for those 2 episodes? I hate the wait, too, but there's no need to go all fatalistic, worst-case scenario. The show'll be back relatively soon!

Kinda wish we had more Hatred this season, by the way. He didn't get much of a chance to shine.

Venture

I loved this season but none of the episodes quite made it to all-time favorite status, until tonight's. Top to bottom terrific episode. This feels like it should be the middle of the season instead of the end. They were just starting to really get rolling. :(

DarkKyo

Nope. Hammer and Publick said that they ran out of episodes again this season. They claim they didn't know if All This and Gargantua-2 counted part of their 10 episodes or not. They have two more scripts already written that they intended for this season. Hopefully those will be the next special and hopefully it won't take as long since those two scripts are done.

Interesting! Thanks for the info on that.

I loved this season but none of the episodes quite made it to all-time favorite status, until tonight's. Top to bottom terrific episode. This feels like it should be the middle of the season instead of the end. They were just starting to really get rolling. :(

More than anythingit just kills momentum. Kinda sucks.

Haven't watched yet, about to rectify. Thread's got me excited!

BUT FIRST!

SHIRT CLUB!
$20 - http://www.titmousestuff.com/products/eightredmeansstop
MEN:
eliIOdv.jpg

WOMEN:
uyHti2I.jpg

AND!

AV Club: “Rules. They help us hate.” - B-
Well huh. I hadn’t realized “Red Means Stop” was a season finale until roughly halfway through the episode. There were bits and pieces that suggest the situation has reached a new peak: the Guild teams up with OSI to take down the Blue Morpho; Dr. Venture’s lasted arch, the Red Death, is the most dangerous of the bunch so far (but surprisingly well-adjusted in some ways); and the Monarch and Gary finally meet a bad guy they can’t inadvertently murder. All of these elements represent a certain raising of stakes and shifting of the status quo. Hell, there’s even a creepy secondary story that ultimately shows what Gary’s been doing with all those Rusty arches we haven’t seen.

Great episode. Red Death is da GOD. Saw stuff was on point, though I missed most of the pre-title bit. Feel a little disappointed in how things kind of wrapped up. Felt less like a season finale and more like just any other episode.

That ending tho...I guess love can bloom on the battlefield.

Edit: Yup, last week would have been more of a finale than this. Wandering Spider mess that up.

That's because, just like last season, they didn't realize the between-seasons-special counted toward their episode order. The real Season finale will be the special before season 7.

Episode was amazing. I LOVE Red Death. Wow. I hope we get a ton more of him! Clancy Brown was fantastic, what a great addition to the voice cast. Great to get John Hodgman back too!

This season was so good and the stories the tightest they'e ever been. Huuuuge bummer there's two episodes left we have to wait to get.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Before this season I had watched random episodes on Adult Swim and kinda liked this show. Though once the past two weeks I binged the entire series and this season was good. I feel it was better than 4 and 5 for the most part. Still miss Dr. O and the gang though. Favorite episode of the season was the 7th. Last weeks was just so well put together and felt like a classic episode.

tkscz

Before this season I had watched random episodes on Adult Swim and kinda liked this show. Though once the past two weeks I binged the entire series and this season was good. I feel it was better than 4 and 5 for the most part. Still miss Dr. O and the gang though. Favorite episode of the season was the 7th. Last weeks was just so well put together and felt like a classic episode.

I felt something was missing from this season. Dr. O hasn't had a single appearance. Not even sure if he was in the hour special either.

Sapiens

Just got my posters in the mail. Holy shit, are these things amazing. The quality of the cardboard and the matte finish...man. So big too.

Zubz

Banned
I felt something was missing from this season. Dr. O hasn't had a single appearance. Not even sure if he was in the hour special either.

The Triad's there for, like, a second, trying to help Sgt. Hatred put out the fires in the Venture compound. Dr. O himself also gets alone in the epilogue about repairing Mr. Reachy.

Tizoc

Gary
Gary
WTF man
WTF
Gary come on
Gary

Also Lex Luthor gave his BEST Clancy Brown performance ever.

Dat post credit scene doe.

vypek

Damnit, had no idea they ran out of episodes again. Also, did they wiped out every other possible arches for Dr.Venture in that washroom?

They said there were two left early in the episode and that Red Death was the next target so I think there should be someone else left as well.

Anyone else not get the "ran out of episodes" excuse? Like, how do you not call up Adult Swim when you're writing the first episode of the season, or the third episode of the season, or WHATEVER episode of the season and square that away? Especially after it happened once. Come on guys.

Clancy Brown needs to do more comedy work.

Fun episode and a nice send off for the season. Not everything was resolved but it only makes the wait for season 7 that much worse (in a good way).

Overall this might have been my favorite season since three, maybe even two.

Zubz

Banned
Wait, that was the last episode of the season? Seriously? That left so much opened and unanswered.

If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't written as the finale. If the showrunners had their way, this would've been a little after the midway point in the season.

I think this episode did a great job at tempering the Blue Morpho plot, though. I mean, it's not done, but it ended this season on a satisfying note, while staying ripe for the next. Red Death suggested The Monarch should outright kill Venture, so it felt like a "near the end game" speech. And since Red Death is a genuine guy, he'll probably step down from arching Dr. Venture, too. Because 21's accidental Saw scenario offed the remaining villains in line, the only things left in The Monarch's way are Wide Wale and the fact that the Council of 13 and the OSI are out for his blood... And any villains whose levels rank between Wide Wale's 10 and The Monarch's 4. I'm half-expecting that revelation to hit The Monarch after eliminating Wide Wale.

The story wasn't "wrapped up," but I think the show's going to stick around NYC next season. Dean, Hank, and Doc just had hooks for new stories rather than arcs to resolve, so the only thing that feels like it can be wrapped up is the Blue Morpho, anyway.

Tizoc

My prediction for the next episode?
Jonas Venture Sr. returns, alive and healthier than ever

NEO0MJ

I hated this episode, because it's the last one we'll have for two years :(

The part when Red Death explained how he got over his hatred was pretty scary. I wonder if it's foreshadowing of how things will go?
Either Monarch kills Rusty or he'll be driven further and further away from his married life?

My prediction for the next episode?
Jonas Venture Sr. returns, alive and healthier than ever

Except it's not really Venture Sr., but Rusty's childhood friend we knew nothing about who was jealous of him for some stupid reason and decided to work with an evil organization.

Nuke Soda

Red Death was great and the part with the
butt eater
was pretty funny. It is going to be a long wait for the next season.

vypek

Wait...why was that guys chain longer than the others? Lol. If it wasn't then maybe more of them could have lived

somedevil

lol, Red Death is amazing. They need an action figure of him.

Its also true the season finally is not til next season again.

Owari

Can't believe the killface shoutout. The Saw shoutout. Omfg. Brockshoreleave, baby killer and Kano the murderer confirmed Best finale ever.

IGN: "He needs me to feed on your butt." - 7.9
First off, apologies for the lateness of this review, especially with this being the season finale. But maybe it's appropriate, considering that "Red means Stop" didn't play much like a proper finale. While the show did a better job than expected of rekindling momentum in the Blue Morpho storyline, ultimately this episode failed to offer much resolution to what has generally been the most consistently strong season in Venture Bros. history.

Redd

One of the best Venture Brothers ever. I freaking loved the scenes between Red Death and Monarch. Hopefully we'll see Red Death a lot more.

Finally watched it some comments:

- Red Death is amazing haha, suburban badass

- The little baby!

- The OO-BEEP OO-BEEP OO-BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP was amazing too lol fake Helper.

- Yeah not gonna lie, that Taken direct quote was cringe this day and age.

- that ending twist was hilarious. And the ending scene was super sweet.

No but seriously, this season has introduced two amazing new plotpoints and characters. Easily one of the better seasons of the show, non-finale and waiting a year+ for ending aside.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Taken quote isn't even close to the most dated reference in this season, I think Billy Quizboy failing to eat a cheeseburger while all doped up on god gas takes that prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom