• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
I don't think I've stopped laughing since we got back from commercial
4tCIK.gif

daveo42

Banned
Best episode of the season hands down.

The whole 2nd half was amazing. Also Rusty and Monarch are totally half-bros.

daveo42

Banned
Blue Morpho is probably the best development the show has had in a long time. Literally killed it with the bit and the whole
Billy thinking Rusty was Blue Morpho at the end.

Oh man. Brock taking that....L?

Is it really an L if it's what he's wanted since the start of the season? Maybe he can finally get over Cocktease.
Nah that'll never happen.

Hamlet

Fantastic episode. Everything to do with Blue Morpho was just great. Loved the new intro montage for the Blue Morpho.

Tamanon

Banned
I actually kinda want that Morpho shirt.

So happy this season is about a different pair of Venture brothers than Hank and Dean.

Venture

Ah, that was great. I lost it at the Blue Morpho giving fruit pies to teens at the end of his comics.

Dr. Mrs. the Monarch cannot be this dumb
Yeah. I mean not now, but once the Blue Morpho is known to The Guild she should realize what's going on now that she's seen Monarch in the suit.

omg 24

AV Club: The Monarch changes his colors on The Venture Bros. - B+
You know those D&D alignment charts for fictional characters that used to be so popular? Y’know, the ones that would slot the Star Trek: Next Generation cast or some other sufficiently large group of fictional characters into personality types like “Chaotic Neutral” and “Lawful Good” and so on and so forth. I wonder if anyone ever did that for The Venture Bros. Hell, I wonder if Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer might not have done it themselves. It seems like the sort of thing they would do.

SHIRT CLUB!
$20 - https://www.titmousestuff.com/products/fourrapacityinblue
MEN:
bacJh8j.jpg

WOMEN:
L2wAVSj.jpg

Hey Molotov, Warianna would like to have a word with you...

You are awesome, thank you. So bought.

IGN: "I'm 90% sure I just punched a man to death." - 8.8
IGN said:
Aside from the ever-present theme of failure, one of the prevailing ideas that drives The Venture Bros. is that there's a very thin line between being a hero and a villain. Whether you count yourself good or evil, it boils down to putting on an outlandish costume and taking part in a never-ending game that has little impact on the world at large. And as we've seen several times over the course of the series, it's not uncommon for characters to bounce between one side and the other as their arcs unfold. That's very true of The Monarch this season in general and in "Rapacity in Blue" in particular. In order to reclaim his status as the officially sanctioned arch-villain to the Venture family, Monarch is willing to play the hero.

Really enjoyed the episode and decided to get the shirt for this week since it's really the only way to the support the show from here, does anyone know how long the shipping will take to Western-Europe?

It's an Adult Swim shop for limited run wares and the posters deal was linked through Adult Swim's FB page. Only way I would have found out about it to begin with.
Yeah, totally legit. They do stuff like this all the time ever since Williams Street Shop went away. They've sold VB bed sheets, China, IL shower curtains, etc through a MyShopify "As Seen on AS" site.

Finished the episode. The Blue Morpho costume is great, a part of me was hoping he'd be more involved though. The few instances we've actually seen the Monarch in action he's actually not half bad. Hopefully like the Poster suggest he starts using a gun. Wouldn't it be funny if he actually doesn turn into an anti-hero and the Guild puts them on their hit list or something? lol

Is there any word on season 7 yet?

not yet, but it's more of a creative reason it hasn't been announced as they haven't really decided if they wanna do one. Chances are they will though, let's not kid ourselves.

Zubz

Banned
Okay, so I was losing it at the Boom Broom callback. I think I totally lost it for 24 cameoing again, but I came back for the Blue Morpho sequence. And then died again at "90% sure I just punched that guy to death." I wonder if that ending means that Billy will spread a rumor that Rusty's the Blue Morpho, meaning that the Guild throws even more villains at him? Either way, as much as I love The Monarch as a hammy villain, I've wanted to see Gary back in a "good guy" role since S5, and somehow, it works for The Monarch, too, so I'm strapped in for The Blue Morpho.

There's a reason this show is king in my book. And I really need that poster.

Okay, so I was losing it at the Boom Broom callback. I think I totally lost it for 24 cameoing again, but I came back for the Blue Morpho sequence. And then died again at "90% sure I just punched that guy to death." I wonder if that ending means that Billy will spread a rumor that Rusty's the Blue Morpho, meaning that the Guild throws even more villains at him? Either way, as much as I love The Monarch as a hammy villain, I've wanted to see Gary back in a "good guy" role since S5, and somehow, it works for The Monarch, too, so I'm strapped in for The Blue Morpho.

There's a reason this show is king in my book. And I really need that poster.

Billy said he'd keep his secret and he was basically high as fuck so chances are he won't entirely think what he saw was real.

And yeah the Monarch without the money or the minions means he's just staying at home complaining. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays as the Blue Morpho until he's forced to drop the disguise due to death threats or something.

I just hope he gets some vengeance against Copy Cat.

those posters are cool, will put an order in

I wish I could have bought the first venture shirt , the ones so far are meh but the first shirt

Do they not sell the shirts separately? And if not these shirts, do they have a venture clothing store?
The Shirt Club shirts? They do, but only for a limited time. You basically have a week from the airing of the respective episode to order.

As far as other official shirts, they've had some in the past (through places like Hot Topic, the Williams Street Shop, etc) but there aren't any active lines at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom