• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

tumblr_mkoxvxzugW1ra22gmo1_500.gif

What's funny is that I remembered this guy when I thought back to what happens when Monarch gets pissed about losing Venture after it was revealed that Mrs.The Monarch gave arching rights to Wide Whale.

Oh man...if that's the case, this might be one hell of an episode tonight.

This is all speculation of course, but the original two trailer makes it seem like that or something else will happen and that description, plus the set-up in New York with superheros, seems like this might be it.

daveo42

Banned
Good episode so far. Still feeling like it's going a mile a minute trying to cram alot in though.

Our Hank is still growing.

somedevil

Hank smooth right there.

lol, they used the bots to get him to pass.

edit: Copy Cat looks like Stephen Colbert but sounds like some old celebrity I can't remember right now.

Scirrocco

So I guess Kano was morphos bodyguard first. Since dr v apparently knocked up morphos wife, and possibly killed him and rebuilt him, I wonder if Kano really did have something to do with dr vs death, as was kind of suggested during ORB.

This season is looking great.

daveo42

Banned
Hank is one smooth operator.

I wonder how hard this is going to backfire on Dean and Rusty.

Real interested in how this Guild/Monarch stuff plays out. Monarch
becomes a hero before the end of the season, following in Dad's footsteps?

Zubz

Banned
Hoo boy, that was a good bit of lore! I guess this kicks off
Dean's superhero arc and propels The Monarch's villain killing arc significantly. I mean, that was totally his dad's costume in that teaser, after all...

somedevil

So I guess Kano was morphos bodyguard first. Since dr v apparently knocked up morphos wife, and possibly killed him and rebuilt him, I wonder if Kano really did have something to do with dr vs death, as was kind of suggested during ORB.

That would make the Monarch Venture's other brother.

I thought he became a hero and then met Venture Sr and then he had a plane crash where the mom died and the Monarch was raised by butterflies. Venture Sr took his fathers body and experimented with it creating Vendata who now is on the loose.

The inspiration for Copy Cat is Dean Martin.

Your right but he still looks more like Stephen Colbert/Tek Jansen to me.

Scirrocco

Hank is one smooth operator.

I wonder how hard this is going to backfire on Dean and Rusty.

Probably not. The trailer said he was
killing villains, so I'm guessing more he uses the blue morpho identity to keep killing people ahead of him on the venture arch list, or gets framed and has to prove his innocence.

Askani

Gaw'damnit...I was watching a MGS marathon on Twitch and I missed the episode. Now I have to find a way to catch it. Crap.

Venture

Loving the voice actors for Wide Wale and his daughter.

Robot water.

Hoo boy, that was a good bit of lore! I guess this kicks off
Dean's superhero arc and propels The Monarch's villain killing arc significantly. I mean, that was totally his dad's costume in that teaser, after all...
Wasn't Dean getting rid of them at the end of the episode?

Scirrocco

That would make the Monarch Venture's other brother.

I thought he became a hero and then met Venture Sr and then he had a plane crash where the mom died and the Monarch was raised by butterflies. Venture Sr took his fathers body and experimented with it creating Vendata who now is on the loose.

Your right but he still looks more like Stephen Colbert/Tek Jansen to me.

Both are true, I'm guessing. Venture and mo pho become BFFs, venture almost certainly bangs his wife and gets her pregnant, since they've been pointing out similarities between venture and monarch forever. Then the plane crash and vendata. I'm just guessing about their deathss being related, though, since that might cause Kano to be honor bound to kill him. At this point I'm not sure re they'll ever give us a concrete answer to his death.

Vendata got name dropped in this episode too, so I'm certain we'll be seeing him back.

Hard to believe this seasons almost half over..

His motivation right now is probably to
burn the Guild and piss on the ashes. The Guild has taken away his hatred for Venture and is in the process of sabotaging his marriage.

Zubz

Banned
Wasn't Dean getting rid of them at the end of the episode?

The stinger made it look like Doc was going to use the nanobots on him again, at least in my eyes. Plus, Dean just got accepted into a college where at least 2 members of CAL work; they wouldn't give Dean access to super powers and throw him into a campus with superheroes without tying the two plot threads together.

Besides, that story seemed to be a set-up for further nanobot usage in future episodes.

somedevil

The stinger made it look like Doc was going to use the nanobots on him again, at least in my eyes. Plus, Dean just got accepted into a college where at least 2 members of CAL work; they wouldn't give Dean access to super powers and throw him into a campus with superheroes without tying the two plot threads together.

Besides, that story seemed to be a set-up for further nanobot usage in future episodes.

They might use them again but they used them to make him pass the exam to get into college before he urinated them out of his system.

Zubz

Banned
They might use them again but they used them to make him pass the exam to get into college before he urinated them out of his system.

Those bots from this episode may be gone, but I wouldn't put it past Doc to try to replicate/make Billy replicate them.

Poor Dean

haven't watched the episode, but at this point that should be the show's motto. Dean is basically Rusty 2.0 and the punching bag between the two brothers, while Hank is out making bands, getting ladies, and being pretty decent special agent material.

I just want Dean to catch a break man. If he was at least decent in super science I wouldn't be bothered with it. But all he has going for him is that he's the regular awkward teen who isn't particularly special at anything in a setting filled with people who are special at something.

haven't watched the episode, but at this point that should be the show's motto. Dean is basically Rusty 2.0 and the punching bag between the two brothers, while Hank is out making bands, getting ladies, and being pretty decent special agent material.

I just want Dean to catch a break man. If he was at least decent in super science I wouldn't be bothered with it. But all he has going for him is that he's the regular awkward teen who isn't particularly special at anything in a setting filled with people who are special at something.

I feel like this could be his season at some point. Hell, the Season 4 finale was a major turning point for him. I could see anot her major change.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Is there evidence of this? I've really gotten lost in all these little details and mythology drops over the last uh, 13 years. It makes my head hurt trying to remember every little connection.

Tamanon

Banned
Time to check the archives to see if Morpho was at that key party from back in the day! I think it was the episode with that red-haired scientist girl.

Finally watched this episode. Paul F. Tompkins! Love him!

Hank is so damn awesome. I mean damn. Hope Dean has the same kinda transformation. At least he's making progress. And the whole Blue Morpho thing has me very... interested. The theories so far bring up great possibilities.

Askani

Stayed up to catch the replay.

Happy to see Dean's arc really start...possibly.

Hank still working the mojo.

Are they going to do anything with Vendata or just throwing back to old stuff just because?

I hope Hatred gets to do something again beyond background character.

Episode seemed slow but set up more stuff. I'm happy with it.

Venture

Hey check out who was spotted at the party
shamelessly stolen from Reddit

oQ275Xe.jpg

Is that Donald trump?
Good catch. I watched it twice and didn't see that.

Time to check the archives to see if Morpho was at that key party from back in the day! I think it was the episode with that red-haired scientist girl.

I think he was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1jyJvGAEoU
The couple at the very beginning of this clip look like they could be Monarch's parents.

This season is straight killing it. Another awesome, dense episode.

AV Club: The Venture Bros. begins its table setting for the rest of the season - B+
AV Club said:
I apologize in advanced, as I’m mostly a casual viewer of The Venture Bros., so there may be some details that I miss out on. I’m all caught up with the show, but the sheer scale and multiple threads that this show embraces is dizzying, and I commend all of those who have been able to keep up with those minute details (like, is there another reason that Brock’s gun is empty, beside the fact that he doesn’t use one?). This season, to its credit, feels like a soft reboot, and while there’s still enough callbacks and references to fill an encyclopedia set, it’s starting off with a fresh, somewhat self-contained story that’s been so far easy to keep up with.
SHIRT CLUB!
$20 - http://www.titmousestuff.com/products/stuyvesant
MEN:
HOneYGJ.jpg

WOMEN:
9S8KZWY.jpg

PSqueak

Banned
Is there evidence of this? I've really gotten lost in all these little details and mythology drops over the last uh, 13 years. It makes my head hurt trying to remember every little connection.

In that episode where they meet the girls that are basically a female version of the venture kids it's revealed that Jonas and his wife, as well as everyone they associated with, were Swingers, it's entirely possible that Jonas impregnated the Monarch's mom in one of their Swinger parties.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Good god I love this show. Always consistently good and leaves me wanting more.

Zubz

Banned
I guess it's possible, but I doubt they had come up with the character Blue Morpho way back then. It doesn't really seem like the sort of party he would show up to in costume either.

Season 1 introduced St. Cloud, Monstroso, and IIRC, Sgt. Hatred, long before any of them became relevant. I definitely wouldn't put it past them to have planned out Blue Morpho back then, right down to his relationships with Dr. Jonas Venture Sr., Kano, and The Monarch. I mean, both his name and appearance peg him as a Green Hornet reference, and the name inherently implies a relation to The Monarch, after all.

Even if Doc & Jackson play by ear with a number of plot threads, others are planned long in advance and just take awhile to come to fruition (Most notably Dean & Triana, which was supposed wrap up mid-Season 1). I wouldn't put it past them to have written this twist well in advance.

I mean, if this theory about Jonas impregnating Morpho's wife ends up being true, then it'd mean that every episode of the show'd've starred at least one of the 6 "Venture Bros." And we started having Monarch-centric episodes in Season 2, before this episode took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom