• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant episode again. Dean speaking that foreign language and "The Monarch" with that jazz walk were hysterical. Laughed so many times.

Finally watched it.

Kind of a shame that all of the scenes in the trailer that made it seem like Dean would catch his break this season and gain something neither his brother or his father had. were entirely in this episode and
he pissed away the nanobots at the end
. So once again he continues to be the joke of the show. This is getting tiresome tbh. If he was at least decent enough to get into college by himself then fuck it that's good enough but
his father helped him cheat with the nanobots

Oh well, here's hoping we don't get another entirely Hank season.

Not really.

Diagram still showed some in his brain, im guessing rusty made him believe he pissed away the nanobots so he thinks he's smart on his own.

I just assumed
he kept a few in his system and made him pass out the rest
but maybe it was all
a placebo

Regardless I hope he eventually
learns to control them
though in all likelyhood he'll likely
just be controlled with a controller the whole time

Venture

Season 1 introduced St. Cloud, Monstroso, and IIRC, Sgt. Hatred, long before any of them became relevant. I definitely wouldn't put it past them to have planned out Blue Morpho back then, right down to his relationships with Dr. Jonas Venture Sr., Kano, and The Monarch. I mean, both his name and appearance peg him as a Green Hornet reference, and the name inherently implies a relation to The Monarch, after all.

Even if Doc & Jackson play by ear with a number of plot threads, others are planned long in advance and just take awhile to come to fruition (Most notably Dean & Triana, which was supposed wrap up mid-Season 1). I wouldn't put it past them to have written this twist well in advance.

I mean, if this theory about Jonas impregnating Morpho's wife ends up being true, then it'd mean that every episode of the show'd've starred at least one of the 6 "Venture Bros." And we started having Monarch-centric episodes in Season 2, before this episode took place.
Yeah. I watched that scene again and you can make a good case for him being The Blue Morpho. They do love to go back and pull random background characters and flesh them out. Seems like what happened here.

Exodust

Banned
Dean going emo, then growing up and accepting the fact that Trianna won't be his GF and that he's a clone was his arc. His new arc is probably college, we'll see how that goes.

IGN: "Don't harpoon tase me, bro!" - 8.8
IGN said:
The Venture Bros. started with a relatively clean slate for Season 6. And after a couple episodes aimed at catching up fans with the current whereabouts of all the major players, "Faking Miracles" seemed to solidify the overall direction for the season. This episode set a number of balls rolling and offered a better idea of what to expect from the show over the next month. It was also consistently hilarious.

Owari

Since the Monarch being a
Venture
is all bit confirmed, that also kind of confirms the "2 Rustys" theory. When they did flashbacks, Rust would often look like kid monarch. Would explain why Malcolm hates Rusty so much (he was like a stunt double)

Man this episode revealed a lot. Wow.

B.K.

I wonder if Rusty and The Monarch are twins. We've never seen Rusty's mother that I can remember and I don't think she's ever been mentioned. Maybe they both have the same mother.

Venture

Since the Monarch being a
Venture
is all bit confirmed, that also kind of confirms the "2 Rustys" theory. When they did flashbacks, Rust would often look like kid monarch. Would explain why Malcolm hates Rusty so much (he was like a stunt double)

Man this episode revealed a lot. Wow.
I don't know about all but confirmed. All we really know is their parents hung out together. It wouldn't explain The Monarch's hatred either since he doesn't even remember ever knowing Rusty when they were kids. Unless it's a subconscious thing.

Peco

I wonder if Rusty and The Monarch are twins. We've never seen Rusty's mother that I can remember and I don't think she's ever been mentioned. Maybe they both have the same mother.

I firmly believe that The Monarch is Rusty's evil clone or whatever. I mean, they're clearly related in some twisted way.

B33

Banned
As of now, The Venture Bros. isn't renewed for a seventh season. It was renewed for a fifth and sixth season together.

somedevil

I believe Adult Swim would love more but its up to Doc and Publick if they want to do more. It takes them a good deal of time to write the episodes and then create them. They have talked about burning out writing the show.

I think if they do another deal with Adult Swim it will be the last one for seventh or eighth season.

Epcott

I wouldn't be surprised if Monarch is kicked out of the Guild due to Wide Whale's set up. It's not like Monarch really has much of anything anymore: No Cocoon, no minions aside from 21, no arch, only his wife and his parent's home.

It would be interesting to see him transition into the new Blue Morpho and get an arch, at least until he gets back on his feet.

Also, I was so happy for Dean at the end when he successfully took out Whale's daughter. He's come a long way. So proud of him.

Wait, where did they show that it was Wide Whale who told Copycat to trick the Monarch?

They didn't. From what I remember, Copycat did it all on his own as a plan to both try to take monarchs wife and to prove to wide whale that he would be useful in the council.

Sesha

This episode made me hopeful for the remainder of the season, although there's only five episodes left. It's the episode last week's episode should have been.

Venture

Wait, where did they show that it was Wide Whale who told Copycat to trick the Monarch?

They didn't. From what I remember, Copycat did it all on his own as a plan to both try to take monarchs wife and to prove to wide whale that he would be useful in the council.
There were a couple of knowing glances between Wide Wale and Copy Cat that make me think Wide Wale was behind it. Remember, Monarch straight up murdered his brother so he has plenty of motivation for wanting to completely ruin Monarch's life.

you mean Hank?

Dean's only major achievement so far has been
getting into college by cheating
lol
He was leader of The Guild for a few seconds. :)

tkscz

I'm somewhat disappointed that
they left the nanobots inside of Dean. They were really showing how he was advancing towards science on his own from last season, and how he was getting really good at it. Besides not studying and having selfesteem issues, I think Dean could've done it on his own.

I hope the Monarch kills that whale guy.

NEO0MJ

There were a couple of knowing glances between Wide Wale and Copy Cat that make me think Wide Wale was behind it. Remember, Monarch straight up murdered his brother so he has plenty of motivation for wanting to completely ruin Monarch's life.

This is the sort of show where you might only notice certain things on a rewatch.

And I wonder why the two marine bros. went on diverging paths.

tkscz

He was leader of The Guild for a few seconds. :)

Wait, Dr. Dugon is Wide Whale's brother? Now I see why he has it out for the Monarch. Again, hope Monarch kills Wide Whale.

I'm somewhat disappointed that
they left the nanobots inside of Dean. They were really showing how he was advancing towards science on his own from last season, and how he was getting really good at it. Besides not studying and having selfesteem issues, I think Dean could've done it on his own.

I hope the Monarch kills that whale guy.

I don't ever recall seeing him advancing on his own. In fact
he wasn't crazy about science after his internship. All he did that was science-like last season was rebuild helper (with blueprints and instructions) and use basic logic on the shield when he helped his dad

I'm glad they gave him something, between Hank and him he keeps getting shafted with finding his own 'thing'

Zubz

Banned
Got my week 1 t-shirt today. The packaging is amazing.

One of these years I'll have enough expendable income to buy into Shirt Club...

And the new episode's description has me really excited to see
both subplots kicked off last week get moving
!

Yeah, I agree. The eggsack isn't such a great name for a lair.

Also love the Bond girls name dropping by 21. Plus the silent washer may not sound silly when you compare it those other inventions Billy and Pete presented.

tumblr_mf9ccfaIfd1qh5bybo5_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom