• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video: Enraged NYC Bus Driver Threatens To Throw Farebeating Teen Out The Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKq_curNrPQ

http://gothamist.com/2014/11/12/bus_driver_rage_video.php

A Queens bus driver unraveled yesterday morning after a teenager boarded without paying his fare. The (NSFW) video of the encounter begins with the Q112 driver telling the boy, "The only way you're getting out is through the fucking window."
"You drive a bus! What the fuck is wrong with you?" the boy responds, adding, "If I was a grown man, you'd be doing this?"
"If you was a grown man you'd have paid your fucking fare!" the driver retorts. And it just gets worse from there.

According to the Daily News, the boy is 16-year-old Kobe Vaughn. After the driver shoved Vaughn off his bus, the teenager allegedly threw a trash can at the door, damaging it. He is charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief. The driver has not been charged.

An MTA spokesman said that the incident is under investigation. A transit source told the paper, "He's done. There's no way he's getting out of that one."
John Samuelson, the president of TWU Local 100, released this statement on the matter:
Operating a bus on the streets of New York is a stressful job under normal circumstances. It becomes unbearable when you add in an obnoxious serial fare-beater, repeatedly provoking a hard working Bus Operator, spewing racially charged taunts at him and interrupting service. This driver has 25 years of service to the working families of New York. He’s a military veteran working on Veterans Day and now he’s facing termination. Something is definitely wrong with that picture. We intend to vigorously defend his livelihood.

According to the MTA bus driver we interviewed last week, farebeaters are extremely common:
When it comes to fare evasion, because we’ve had fatalities due to operators pursuing the fare with passengers, now what they tell us is, “Don’t worry about the fare.” They tell us that from day one. Your first day of training, they tell you, “The fare box is not yours. Don’t worry about people not paying the fare.” We have a special box we press on the fare box and we just press and that’s it.

It's a pity the driver may get fired. That kid is just an obnoxious punkass.

tw1164

Your first day of training, they tell you, “The fare box is not yours. Don’t worry about people not paying the fare.” We have a special box we press on the fare box and we just press and that’s it.

I wonder if all bus systems are like this.

Mohonky

Feel for the dude, the frustration would be immense.

The self entitlement and arrogance is strong with the youths today.

vityaz

"If you was a grown man you'd have paid your fucking fare!"

Not much else to it. If people want it to be free - fine. Don't hijack the day of orhers. I gotta go to work mofucka!

studyguy

Something about public transit apparently makes people either get:

• Real heated
  • Racist
  • or slapped

This is why I drive a car

JordanN

Banned
That 16-year old should have known better. Bus driver shouldn't have started fighting though. Let the cops deal with it.

The attitude on this little punk, I need to avoid these videos they really get me pissed off. And to think that the driver may be fired because some shitty person thinks he's being zany and edgy.

drspeedy

Kid needs to learn better. Sad to see it had to happen like this, though.

Rewatching the video, no one wins here. Bad descisions abound.

Gallbaro

Banned
Unions defend their members. It's what they do. They can't pick and choose.

Yes they can if it is clear a criminal act has occurred. The driver, who is not authorized to defend MTA service, or delay MTA service stopped the bus and assaulted a youth on government property.

I wonder if all bus systems are like this.

Feels like the equivalent of stores telling employees not to pursue people who run out of the store with goods, for fear of a confrontation that could end in injuries/deaths and possible lawsuits might occur.

Driver shouldn't have gotten physical in the interest of his job, but that kid...

giphy.gif

Mohonky

Why did the bus driver shove the shit out of him again?

Because he deserved it.

In the modern day PC era, he isnt entitled to do that and its going to cost him his job. Unfortunately this also means smug little asshats are untouchable and they'll get away with it, which is exactly why he is acting the way he is.

40 or 50 years ago he'd have been back handed and kicked up the ass out the door and the little prick would never show his face again.

Call me old fashioned but I still believe corporal punishment has a place. It would wipe those smug smiles off the faces of these self entitled little assholes real quick and really make them reconsider.

JDSN

Banned
I dont care if there is a button to let you get on the bus free, its about respecting the rest of the people in the bus by paying your damn fare like everyone else, at least say you got no money and be humble about it instead of being an asshole.
I dont care if the shove was "assault" or broke any rules, it was the climax of the kid being confrontational and inciting the fight, in which as far as the video goes it was just the driver restraining the little douche.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
At the Whiteplains/Gunhill rd bus stations, I see kids, and even grownups just skipping the fare by walking in the back door.

zulfate

Bus drivers have it hard, nothing is more annoying than entitled kids demanding shit on a bus. I hope this man doesn't loose his job over this shit head. Usually bus drivers are alone when dealing with garbage and after 25 years of it your bound to have bad days. Plus he's a veteran working on Veterans Day lol

NYC bus drivers are wound pretty tight. I remember getting on an empty bus (it was one of the first stops) and these two girls came on after me, wanting to know if the bus stopped at a particular place. The bus driver, for no reason, gave them an attitude that one of the girls started getting an attitude as well. He told her to get off the bus and slammed the door in her face, cursing her out as he drove away. I just sat there quietly since I just wanted to get home.

quickwhips

This kid has no respect and he shouldn't expect a free ride. Kid is pretty racist also sucks he is going to grow up that way.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
At the Whiteplains/Gunhill rd bus stations, I see kids, and even grownups just skipping the fare by walking in the back door.

Shittt, Gunhill train station was no joke, late night style especially. See all kinds of crazy shit, fare jumping was the least of it.

gunhill2.jpg

Don't think it looks like this anymore, haven't been in that area for a while now.

There really was something to the craziness of riding trains on the regular that I miss in my old age, not gonna lie. Dat waiting for the 2 @ 180th in the brick ass cold though...

Dude Abides

Banned
No they can't. It's illegal.

It does not violate a union's legal duty of fair representation to decline to pursue a grievance on behalf of a member who was in the wrong.

The poster you're replying to, however, does not care about that or about this situation. He just hates unions and saw an opportunity to take a shot at one.

spwolf

driver way over-reacted for sure, but he is still essentially right.

If this was around here, there would be 10,000 comments calling for arrest of the driver, because everyone things it is their right to ride for free... all the while drivers and rest of the people working there continually get lower and lower pay due to lower revenues.

Coins

Banned
It does not violate a union's legal duty of fair representation to decline to pursue a grievance on behalf of a member who was in the wrong.

The poster you're replying to, however, does not care about that or about this situation. He just hates unions and saw an opportunity to take a shot at one.

A union has to represent their member no matter what. It's the unions job to try to save this man's pension if they realize it's a hopeless fight to keep him employed. Thus they are defending him.

Wow, and the video ended without WORLDSTAR

Heartwarming.

That kid is a little punk. He's seriously looking down on this bus driver because he drives a bus and probably has a white boss? what the fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom