• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
From what I hear, East still has people that does public runs. West became almost very inclusive to guilds and people that meet stat requirements.

That's what someone on Reddit mentioned, so I stuck with East.

Rolling with a Kai right now. Always loved ranged classes, and he's been a lot of fun so far.

Hopped back into this game after only trying it a bit during launch, and it's surprisingly fun aside from all the boring MMO shit that all of these games have. Playing with a friend probably helps, but getting new combos etc feels pretty good.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hopped back into this game after only trying it a bit during launch, and it's surprisingly fun aside from all the boring MMO shit that all of these games have. Playing with a friend probably helps, but getting new combos etc feels pretty good.

East or West? I would love some folks to play with.

The game really has it's hooks in me. The gameplay is fantastic fun. While the typical Nexon stuff is there, as someone alluded to (either here or on Reddit), it's definitely the least P2W game I've played. Skill > gear, similar to Monster Hunter...And I love that! Been playing with a Bow Kai and my MH skills have definitely crossed over into this game.

A good player will definitely do far better than a crappy one regardless of gear. the gear just gives you a far bigger margin of error...or just allows you to be lazy lol.

Especially with the dragon raids, it becomes noticable who's good or who's not just by who's always at the dragon, not dying and is constantly dishing out dps lol.

East or West? I would love some folks to play with.

The game really has it's hooks in me. The gameplay is fantastic fun. While the typical Nexon stuff is there, as someone alluded to (either here or on Reddit), it's definitely the least P2W game I've played. Skill > gear, similar to Monster Hunter...And I love that! Been playing with a Bow Kai and my MH skills have definitely crossed over into this game.

I'm on EU :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm on EU :(

Bummer.

I hit 20 yesterday. I swear this may be my favorite game in a while. I LOVE games where skill prevails. Dodging and moving about against the first Raid boss was a blast. I died the first time because a) my armor was garbage and b) I didn't realize he had so much reach. I've started to upgrade some of my gear, though. I also should be able to equip a new bow soon (22 is my next upgrade), so that will help me with my damage output.

I like that you can eventually max everything (from what I understand). So you don't HAVE to pick a "build", but it sounds like you should so you can prioritize skills and passives that will help you so you can farm SP later. However, I don't like that my inventory is full of some of the most random and confusing shit ever. I've actually been selling or trashing everything that isn't gear. Everything I've read says that crafting is worthless if you aren't super rich since the returns are bad. Worst case, I can pick it back up later?

Overall, this is the online Monster Hunter that I wanted. It's not a prefect clone, but it's definitely an excellent mashup of arcade action RPG + MonHon, and I am VERY OK with that.

Valus

So I haven't played this game since October 2011....I logged on to my old Karok and hold crap, so many things and I don't remember anything. How can I get back into this game? I've got like 28k ability points and no idea what does what anymore. It looks like he has a secondary weapon now? I assume they reset my skills or something?

I'm just so mega lost, I don't remember what anything does and can't figure out where to start. Any help would be great.

So I haven't played this game since October 2011....I logged on to my old Karok and hold crap, so many things and I don't remember anything. How can I get back into this game? I've got like 28k ability points and no idea what does what anymore. It looks like he has a secondary weapon now? I assume they reset my skills or something?

I'm just so mega lost, I don't remember what anything does and can't figure out where to start. Any help would be great.

Easiest way is just make another char if you're completely lost but keep the Karok to get back into. One account can hold a few chars.

Soonri

http://vindictus.nexon.net/Community/#/showthread.php?1306266-Found-news-on-lann-buffs&nxid=15

Well I just read up on it recently. Up until recently Lanns and Karoks were the most neglected class. This game caters to female characters a lot due to it being a cash cow. People generally buy multiple inners for female characters.
Not a bad strategy really... They know their audience!

I looked up some vids... seems for Sword Lann they haven't solved his problem of stamina (thanks Double Crescent!) but he crits more? Doesn't change his core gameplay which needed some refresher...

Spear Lann doe. Supremely buffed... gets a shortcut to Moon Splitter/Spin after a Fury AND increased invulnerability on roll? Health recovery on attacks after Fury Infusion? Invulnerability on Lightning Fury? Skill that increases DPS while increasing damage received? They buffed his ass to Kim Kardashian levels!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I finally died during a mission! I attempted to do a solo Raid (the level 22 or 24 one in the ice place). I played on Hard and was being dumb with my xgun. I think I am finally understanding how to chain roll cancel, though. So that's pretty fantastic. My goal is to hit ~40-50 this weekend. I'm only level 24 (I think), so it will be a grind...But I'm filling 2 growlers tonight and my wife is out of town. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just bumping in case any of you still play...

I hit 30 today. I got busy fixing my pinball machine and working on GAF Secret Santa, but I still got some time in. XGUN Kai is really fun to play.

The way I understand it, you can max every skill if you want, right?

Not a bad strategy really... They know their audience!

I looked up some vids... seems for Sword Lann they haven't solved his problem of stamina (thanks Double Crescent!) but he crits more? Doesn't change his core gameplay which needed some refresher...

Spear Lann doe. Supremely buffed... gets a shortcut to Moon Splitter/Spin after a Fury AND increased invulnerability on roll? Health recovery on attacks after Fury Infusion? Invulnerability on Lightning Fury? Skill that increases DPS while increasing damage received? They buffed his ass to Kim Kardashian levels!

Sadly Devcat doesn't understand the Sword Lann. I quit due to the stupid 10 jab bullshit.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
31 last night. Finally starting to feel like I have to work for some of my kills. The boss that looks like Jack Skellington at the end of the mission "End of the street" or some shit like that (it's the 3rd location where the town is on fire) required me to really plan my special ammo loading. Lots of dodging in that fight!

31 last night. Finally starting to feel like I have to work for some of my kills. The boss that looks like Jack Skellington at the end of the mission "End of the street" or some shit like that (it's the 3rd location where the town is on fire) required me to really plan my special ammo loading. Lots of dodging in that fight!

Learning how to dodge is important for a Kai. Especially later bosses who's attacks leave very little room for error.

Valus

I started a new character as Lynn since I was super confused when I tried to play my level 52 Karok after a 3 year hiatus (as mentioned above).

She's alright...not totally sold on her so far, and I cannot stand her skipping around town...why can't she just run like a normal person.

I have a few questions:

1) Did they make it easier to level up? Me and my friend only played for a day or two and we're already level 20. For some reason we both recall it being much more difficult to level up.

2) Has gear progression changed in general? Last time we played we would grind each major boss until we can craft their entire set + weapon, but now it seems like that doesn't really matter anymore? Bosses drop gear now, and you can only fight them a certain amount of times per day. We grinded the Gnoll Chieftain for two whole days and still don't have enough Red Gnoll Leather to craft the entire set, and are already on the Polar Bear. We're just confused how the gear progression should go...is it even worth it to grind for the exquisite sets anymore?

3) Why does Lynn's weapons cost money on top of the mats to craft? My friend is playing Hurk and he's saying the Blood Prince weapon has a 0 gold fee for him yet for me it's...well I don't remember exactly but it certainly didn't say 0 gold. What's up with that?

4) If I were to jump back onto my Karok, what should I do? His gear seems solid...should I just continue the story? Is there anything in particular that I should go for first when jumping back in to a high level character?

5) Is leveling up the DK/Pally paths still the same? 100 exp per hour? That's what all the research I've done yields, but when I used it the other day I got like 600 exp? But only 100 the next time. Am I missing something?

I started a new character as Lynn since I was super confused when I tried to play my level 52 Karok after a 3 year hiatus (as mentioned above).

She's alright...not totally sold on her so far, and I cannot stand her skipping around town...why can't she just run like a normal person.

I have a few questions:

1) Did they make it easier to level up? Me and my friend only played for a day or two and we're already level 20. For some reason we both recall it being much more difficult to level up.

2) Has gear progression changed in general? Last time we played we would grind each major boss until we can craft their entire set + weapon, but now it seems like that doesn't really matter anymore? Bosses drop gear now, and you can only fight them a certain amount of times per day. We grinded the Gnoll Chieftain for two whole days and still don't have enough Red Gnoll Leather to craft the entire set, and are already on the Polar Bear. We're just confused how the gear progression should go...is it even worth it to grind for the exquisite sets anymore?

3) Why does Lynn's weapons cost money on top of the mats to craft? My friend is playing Hurk and he's saying the Blood Prince weapon has a 0 gold fee for him yet for me it's...well I don't remember exactly but it certainly didn't say 0 gold. What's up with that?

4) If I were to jump back onto my Karok, what should I do? His gear seems solid...should I just continue the story? Is there anything in particular that I should go for first when jumping back in to a high level character?

5) Is leveling up the DK/Pally paths still the same? 100 exp per hour? That's what all the research I've done yields, but when I used it the other day I got like 600 exp? But only 100 the next time. Am I missing something?

1: Yup

2: A lot of the lower level gear has been made easily available so that people can get to the higher raids. All the good stuff starts at lvl 60, with lvl 80 gear worth a bazillion (Or quite literally, maybe a billion gold for a whole set)

3: What kind of crafting? Player crafting or NPC?

4: Just continue the story.

5: It's based on how many you kill. So using it in a run can net you more XP on top of the 100 for just using it.

jediyoshi

Devcat just had a Season 3 event

6Kvpnjm.jpg

http://vindictus.nexon.net/Communit...er-Developer-Conference-KR-Discussion&nxid=15

Looks like Arisha is coming soon.

and.... she's out!

I really love this game, I just get a little tired of running dungeons over and over. Wish there was a bit more variety. The animations, combat, art... are all pretty ace to me. Especially for a DX9 game that came out ages ago.

But yeah, I'll be playing this over the holidays.

Downloaded the full game from Nexon.

Launching on Nexon Launcher but I always get --

"The product cannot be launched" or some error message to that effect.

What am I missing?

mcz117chief

Looking pretty good. I haven't had much fun with Sylas but Lynn is fun (I haven't tried Arisha). Delia looks like a nice mix between Hurk and Fiona, something I always wanted to play :)

jediyoshi

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/14857/july-14th-scheduled-game-update
Schedule out, should be live 11AM western / 2PM eastern

Delia video guide, good boss demonstration at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eaf4P7dgvQ

Looking pretty good. I haven't had much fun with Sylas but Lynn is fun (I haven't tried Arisha). Delia looks like a nice mix between Hurk and Fiona, something I always wanted to play :)

Yeah, I used my 75 jump on Fiona then figured not to play it because I didn't want to burn myself out on another heavy melee character.

Top Bottom