• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

GorillaJu

Similarly I would play on the US servers, if it weren't miserable. I'm not sure where the Japanese version is in terms of content in comparison with the US version. It came out much later, that much I know. How far behind we are, I can't be certain. I haven't reached end game yet as I just started last week.

jediyoshi

Hurk character shots out
http://heroes.nexon.com/update/shock/hurk.aspx#hurk_updatefeatures

4TbfjeV.jpg

VzWAnwe.jpg

8H7U43i.jpg

f5YJ6m7.jpg

LRBWDWg.jpg

Armor shots
http://couponbookgame.blogspot.kr/2013/07/vindictus-hurk-screenshots-leaked.html

Alric

Been wanting to play this for a while. Been told it's sort of like Monster Hunter and that can never be a bad thing even in little doses.

Ken

Want to play this. Is it still pretty active for low level stuff? Worth getting into?

And do they offer permanent NX items or is it all temporary?

OatmealMu

How are the later zones these days? A few months back I reached that pirate-theme area after Rocheste. The place was dead. The town and the quest board were empty. I tried to solo the missions and got wrecked. Is it better now? More bustling at least?

How are the later zones these days? A few months back I reached that pirate-theme area after Rocheste. The place was dead. The town and the quest board were empty. I tried to solo the missions and got wrecked. Is it better now? More bustling at least?

There's alot of boats for the Season 2 areas now.

jediyoshi

Another big 'ol 927mb update.

Maintenance says Halloween event but they better just be throwing in Hurk in there while they're at it

Raxum

HURK IS HERE!!!

Just got back into this on whim and started a Hurk. Wow is he fun! Loving swinging some giant swords around, but for some reason I can't play properly with any of my other characters on the AU server. They keep getting DC'd and server time-outs, but with my new Hurk, everything is completely fine.

Currently around level 25, trying to rush my way through to higher levels with a friend. Forgot how much fun the combat system was in this game. Anyone else still playing this?

Just got back into this on whim and started a Hurk. Wow is he fun! Loving swinging some giant swords around, but for some reason I can't play properly with any of my other characters on the AU server. They keep getting DC'd and server time-outs, but with my new Hurk, everything is completely fine.

Currently around level 25, trying to rush my way through to higher levels with a friend. Forgot how much fun the combat system was in this game. Anyone else still playing this?

Yeah i started playing but all my friends are still not.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah i started playing but all my friends are still not.

I had a guild that regularly (probably still does) played, last summer and again this summer but I pretty much stopped, after realising the degree of p2w crap they added. Drops rates for 80 are ridiculous, and the seal shop has fuck all stuff and has insane requirements.

Back during colru update when I first played (in Europe), everything worth having as in the seal shop the seal shop prices weren't ridiculous , drop rates weren't too bad and you could reach the attack requirements comfortably for most boats aside from the odd dick.

When I played last you either required a lvl 80 weapons (which costs an insane amount then, or a +13 and above weapon to reach the attack reqs. Which was just silly. It was kinda sad. Too much greed,

Still really enjoyed what I played of it, but in order to keep up felt more and more like a job.

Ah, Vindictus... Loved the combat, huge boss fights, grappling with enemies, and even picking up debris laying around to inflict some pain.

I just wish some other developer would make a Vindictus clone, but do it a whole lot better.

Marchiott

I picked Vindictus up again recently and it seems they went a long way from the old days (when they only had Fiona and Lann, and 2 episodes of content)

Nexon's been pretty generous to returning players, offering them free, high level gear to use for 30 days to catch up on leveling.

Also glad Meditation was specced since two years of inactivity resulted in some 20k AP.

Supposedly Vindictus KR released a new character (Arisha, spellsword) recently.

I actually have a lot of fun with this game, and I've played since the original 3 characters also. Haven't really come across a game that has similar combat mechanics, along with all the character customization options. Love the animations and the "monster hunter" aspect.

Really surprised someone hasn't taken this concept, and done a better job of it. I think Nexon is milking this and it's kinda flying perpetually under the radar...

I picked Vindictus up again recently and it seems they went a long way from the old days (when they only had Fiona and Lann, and 2 episodes of content)

Nexon's been pretty generous to returning players, offering them free, high level gear to use for 30 days to catch up on leveling.

Also glad Meditation was specced since two years of inactivity resulted in some 20k AP.

Supposedly Vindictus KR released a new character (Arisha, spellsword) recently.

Malyse

Hello!

I've made a new community to talk about Monster Hunter/PSO styled games like Vindictus located here, and I would love it if y'all popped in.

How long does it take to get a welcome back pack? (it's been a year, but I figured I'd ask)

Also, wouldn't Vindictus make the perfect Vita game?

Dreavus

I always feel like I'm thiiiis close to getting back in, but it's always a problem trying to find groups for the low level content in these games. Dragon Nest is another one I really like, but quickly get tired of soloing.

Not that it's cripplingly difficult or anything, but it makes it more fun with other players.

They should really introduce some form of scaling down so that playing with a higher level player doesn't make your mission a complete joke.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Decided to just say fuck it and play. The 20 minutes I put in over lunch were pretty cool. I am playing the ranged class, so that's going to be a very different experience I imagine, but it's fun so far. Running through Steam...I think I should just run the main launcher. I feel like I'm getting weird glitches and such that are annoying me.

Should I play on East or West server?

Top Bottom